1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Martial arts

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Solus, Jun 11, 2008.

1. kamage

kamage Well-Known Member

How come everyone here knows kendo T_T I want to try it out now

2. duderedux

duderedux Well-Known Member

If i'm not mistaken, Shorin-ryu/Okinawan karate is the original form of Karate.

Anyways,used to do Taekwondo. Now I favor more modern styles like Sambo, Krav Maga, or Savate. I believe these are more efficient, waste less energy, and are more practical. Also I'm hearinggood things about Silat and Kali.

3. Solus

Solus Well-Known Member

Yeah those martial arts came up in human weapon. Arguably one of the best martial arts are Wing Chun and Jeet Kun Do. Those styles were learned by Bruce Lee, and he focus on not wasting energy and breaking away from conventional style martial arts. He says that they are too rigid and slow.

4. sla03rs

sla03rs Well-Known Member

I don't have an official school for anything but I do spar with some of my friends who do MMA since I'm pretty heavy. They use me to practice their wrestling and BJJ which I tried for a couple of months so yeah :p

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ninjitsu with the kill punch pwns all XD

5. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

I have a question guys:

Is the "touch of death" technique real?

I mean is there a martial art that teaches that.

I heard of it in Shibashi Taichi Chuan training, there's a way to master focusing & channeling your chi so you can kill someone with just one touch, either by an open palm touch or using just one finger!

My instructor said this technique also uses the knowledge of the human body's major chi spots as well as the knowledge where the nervous system & blood vessels & veins are at their weakest

6. sla03rs

sla03rs Well-Known Member

well fight science proved that the one punch kill was real :p but its more than a touch :D

mmm pressure points

7. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

an uppercut to the nose can kill in one blow, but its considerably more than a touch. An elbow strike to the head could feasibly kill also.

8. Solus

Solus Well-Known Member

Dont forget a nice strike to the solar plexus...is that how you spell it? Yeah it can mean death. And if im not mistaken, a strong blow to the neck can knock you out. Just try a light punch to your own neck, you can feel a little as though you are gonna pass out.

9. duderedux

duderedux Well-Known Member

Bruce Lee invented Jeet Kune Do.

I saw this one. But I still dont believe the guy performing it. Also there is no "real" Ninjutsu. I mean its not a structured form of martial art, or a martial art at all. Go check the Iga ninja museum(google or wiki it) for details.

10. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

It's not really a touch perce, more like a strong hit. A hard punch or chop to the side of the neck can be fatal or can knock you out. My teacher wanted to demonstrate it on one of the students, everyone chickened out.

11. kamage

kamage Well-Known Member

just like a hard kick down there can make you throw up >.>

12. Warren_303

Warren_303 Well-Known Member

http://www.anandojutsu.jones.net/islamelol

I did kendo or something like that (can't remember what it's called) for almost a year. Very cool, I'm really not flexible but I developed it after a month or so.

13. kanakacheek

kanakacheek Well-Known Member

Alot of guys at my highschool did this as "fun". They would hit someone really hard somewhere on your neck (I don't know where exactly), and you get Knocked out for like a few minuets. Apparently is really "thrilling"...

I don't really believe in "chi" and how you can manipulate "chi" and produce energy that's must more powerful than a pure punch would

14. Solus

Solus Well-Known Member

True or not, I must say I have seen some evidence that it does exist. Like I've seen a master monk being attacked by his students (practice of course) and they are all like jumping at him and with just one hand, he effortlessly pushes them away and even when they land, they go tumbling. He is not exactly ripped, so yeah, internal energy.

15. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

That would be awesome to watch, some martial arts masters are really strong in their art, such as in a YouTube video I watched a while ago, there was this 40 year old guy versus 6 people. He wasted them with several palm punches, he didn't do them too hard though as they were his pupils. Though they were on the ground for a few minutes. I've also seen a 8 year old kid palm punch a fully grown man, which took him down. Not sure if it was real or fake, the lighting and camera was bad.

16. Cahos Rahne Veloza

physical brute force pales into comparison to the master of manipulating/handling the key pressure points of the human body as well as chi convergence/manipulation.

17. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

http://youtube.com/watch?v=eWR6ebmXMLg

Andy Sherry does my gradings, and he's a hard sensei. My 9th kyu grading involved two hours of non-stop intensive training, followed by an hour of grading. This was the day after I returned from holiday so I had no food in the house, so no breakfast, and I forgot to fill a water bottle. Never again. I feel sorry for anyone who attempts to mug that 'old man'

18. kanakacheek

kanakacheek Well-Known Member

I think pressure points or weak points is something that is vital in fighting. But chi, I've seen the videos of demostrations, but that can be acting. I guess I wont know until I get hit with a palm full of chi >.< *shudder*

19. Cahos Rahne Veloza

People often mistake chi manipulation as the things they see in Anime or old Chinese kung fu movies, where people shoot fireballs out of their hands, levitate or fly. But the truth is, chi manipulation is just the manipulation or control of your body's life energy, these aren't the blood flow or neural connections our brain has with the rest of our body. Chi is the life essence, the "energy" that freely flows inside our bodies, mastery of the control of this energy can give you more strenght than just raw brute force. A way to increase your grasp of chi is by learning correct breathing techniques that let your chi flow fluidly inside your body. It's really hard to explain, but once you "feel" your chi you can understand what significance it has in your life.

Oh & as a side note, the idea behind Feng Shui is based on the idea that everything has chi, living things, non living things, trees, plants, rocks, etcetera & the inter actions among all this chi has both positive & negative effects on itself & everything around it. But of course, Feng Shui focuses more on how we can attract more of the good chi ;D

And just a thought, since everyone here has played FF7, remember the lifestream? And the "teachings" at Cosmo Canyon? Well the planet's life force IS Chi!

20. Solus

Solus Well-Known Member

No, the planet's life force is Gaia :D