1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Mario vs Donkey Kong: Mini-Land Mayhem Anti-Piracy Thread (Fixes Included)-Upd.

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Halo-101, Nov 17, 2010.

1. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

It's possible it could be a fix also for the later leavel frezzes "from" the (J) rom ...

v6.7 are somthink like this

If this is true then both put togater can be a nice fix!

Hear is anuther ROM patch i found - but location and hex are in the same place for both RAM and ROM

0x00039848

08 20 9F E5 08 C0 9F E5 00 C0 82 E5 01 00 00 EA
    D0 EA 3F 02 0A 60 4D E2 01 C0 A0 E3

Post Merge: [time]1291404139[/time]
    Runs as is! on v6.40

- not the (J) version of cause

If you have dstt replace ttpatch.dat and OPTIONS.SYS into the ttmenu folder

if R4's replace the r4patch.dat into the TTMenu folder

+ extinfo/infolib

2. richard_brooksid

richard_brooksid Well-Known Member

So it is sounding more like a firmware update might be needed for the CycloDS since the patches don't work. Perhaps there is will be a code added to the cheatcode database - nothing there yet though.

3. Jhon 591

So we change that data to 36

8E AA E0

8E AA 36

?

EDIT: Sorry i miss typed my abouth post - But this has bean done in the UPS patcher

4. richard_brooksid

It looks like the Cyclo is SOL for the time being......

The TeamCyclops forum site has been down for the past couple of days with a message saying they are doing maintenance.

5. richard_brooksid

Has anyone heard of a fix for the Cyclo card yet? I have tried 1.60 and 1.61 firmware but still get missing sprites (no mini marios). I posted to the Cyclops forum today - it has been down for a while. I'll let you know if they reply.

6. will1008

will1008 Well-Known Member

Does the game run on an EDGE 2.0?

7. zainosman

zainosman New Member

No did not work on my edge 2.0 card even the patched nuke this version with the ap fix :-[

8. redeyes1

redeyes1 Member

is there a fix for the R4i yet?

9. Triple007

Triple007 New Member

Hello,

I am new to the R4 community, but have figured out how to download games, load the games onto my Ds and play them. That said, I have a "R4 Ultra SDHC R4 Revolution For DS DSL (r4ultra.com)" Running AKAIO 1.81. I tried downloading Sonic Rush, and Mario versus Donkey Kong. They make it past the loading screen but then get stuck on the white screen. Is there anyway I can download Wood or whatever that is? And do I need to? Anyone have any info on this please let me know. R4 is awesome, and without contributors like most of you on this forum, this wouldn't exist. Thanks again!

10. Jhon 591

You could try YSMenu for R4 ultra as it's on the working list

YSMENU COMPATIBILITY LIST

WORKING: NOT WORKING:
    -R4 SDHC -R4 Neo
    -R4i SDHC -R4i Neo
    -R4 Ultra -R4 Gold
    -R4i Ultra -R4i Gold
    -N5 -R4i Pro Gold
    -M3DS Real
    -M3i
    -SuperCard DSOne

Check hear http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=43121.0

Also try replacing the lastest dat's on the last page into the YSmenu , TTMenu folder

11. Triple007

Triple007 New Member

Thank you so much Jon for the prompt reply. I am at work right now, but will try this when I get home. I have a MAC and have been doing it all through the MAC. works pretty well. I just drag and drop my games that I download onto my "Games" folder on my micro sd card. When loading YSMENU for the R4 Ultra, do I just download YSMenu, and then drag it onto my Sd card? When replying to this post try to talk to me as if I am a newbie (which I am.) Thanks again for your help Jon.

12. n00berania

n00berania Member

Tried the step-by-step. It didn't work. Wow, this rom's hard to crack for all carts.

13. JamesMallow

JamesMallow New Member

i only have edge btw.(unpatched rom,4gb sandisk microsdHC)
    EDGE 2.0 - Fine except for invisible sprites(unplayable really).
    EDGE 2.1 - Played 1st level,sprites appeared so probaly playable.(EDGE 2.1 is now available for download as of 2/2/11)

14. Jhon 591

(E) ROM is out

15. fabiobad

fabiobad Member

16. Jhon 591

5min job Changing ROM offset locations

Mario vs. Donkey Kong Mini-Land Mayhem (E)

Code:
    0021BE6D 8F AA E0 -> 8E AA 36
    0021BF0D 45 AA E0 -> 44 AA 36
    0021BFAD 1A AA E0 -> 19 AA 36
    0021C04D 9C AA E0 -> 9B AA 36

Open you ROM with a hex-editor like HxD - find offset's on left side of screen scroll down to the offset's and edit the hex data you see, original data left -> type over data right, save ROM after done

17. fabiobad

fabiobad Member

hi, tks for the help but the offsets of the EUR rom end all with the " 0 ", not the " D ", the offsets are different.
    :(

18. Jhon 591

Look at the top of a hex editor 00 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 0A 0B 0C 0D 0E 0F

follow it along to 0D

Like 0021BE6D <- The end D start's at 0D followed along the top

Just like a grid system +

19. fabiobad

fabiobad Member

Ok, I've fixed the rom but the sprites are still invisibles ... I have done something wrong?

20. Jhon 591

I don't think this patch was ment to fix the sprites - they was a diffrent issue regarding freezing later on in the levels that what i think this fix was for as to the first (J) ROM