1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Mario vs Donkey Kong: Mini-Land Mayhem Anti-Piracy Thread (Fixes Included)-Upd.

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Halo-101, Nov 17, 2010.

1. j c 2000

j c 2000 Well-Known Member

M3i no worky

2. Halo-101

Halo-101 Well-Known Member

M3i What And Which Firmware? and what doesnt work.bsod,glitchy sprites? must fill out correctly if enetering a submission please

3. Dakust

Dakust New Member

Yeah, doesn't work on my M3i Zero v. 4.8f with the new core data too. There is a black screen when I load the game. Someone got a solution??

4. personuser

personuser Well-Known Member

Does NOT work on a DSTWO (clean OR patch mode) with all updates on any given Class 2 Card, yet.

5. Halo-101

Halo-101 Well-Known Member

:O ? thats a little weird others can play fine in clean mode and fine in patch mode using latest update.but i will post ur findings here.but as ido not hav a ds 2 what is the difference between a class 2 card and normal?

6. theunderling

theunderling Well-Known Member

Halo,what does it mean "with antipiracy bypass on".Im running Acekard2i with AKAIO1.8.1,so what do I do to get it to play

cheers

7. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

go to the game

press start
    system options i think, scroll over to bypass anti piracy and put it to enabled

8. theunderling

OK thanks Sylar I'll try that.

9. j c 2000

j c 2000 Well-Known Member

Black screen.

10. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

I can run this game with no issue using Wood R4 v.1.16 and v.1.17.

But when using it on TTMENU/YSMENU, even after updating the extinfo.dat and infolib.dat with the latest DAT files v.6.35, v.6.36, and v.6.37, it still gives me 2 problem:
    1. The game icon still register as "YS"
    2. When tried to load, it just hang in the loading screen or show white screen

I've used eNDcryptS too. I got my version from downloadfreerom and turn out the link used by Halo 101 in page 1 is the same mediafire link as that site's.

I think the HEX coding for that game inside the extinfo and infolib are still faulty as in missing some necessary codings. Not an issue with the rom copy.

It would be great if someone can point out how to fix it. Cause the hex coding content of the latest dat v.6.35 onward are all the same. So its no use recommending me to update it as like I said, the hex coding in it are faulty. Could be useful if someone who understand can at least try to re-edit the hex coding using TTDT.exe cause I got no idea where to look for the correct coding using Hex Editor.

PS; This got nothing to do with the cart issue. Its purely extinfo.dat and infolib.dat related. And please refrain from pointing me to download the "fix" from stealthkid, cause I already did and tried.

11. theunderling

Its start/properties/rom settings.........

12. Prectorian

Found this on http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=43121.msg1147954#msg1147954:

Tested it but it still didn't fix the problem with the "YS" icon and freeze on loading.

Edit:

Combined the above with the R4 Fix provided by Halo 101 in the first page ( YSMENU.nds). It fixed the icon issue, but when 30% loading, it shows "Error Code -5". Checked the Game ID, its correctly input. Tried reverting the codes inside the extinfo.dat and infolib.dat to the original made by Retro/ use the one in the package from Halo, and checking it using TTDT.exe. Still shows that error code -5. Tried eNDcryptS on the rom, but does not fix the issue. Anyone got any idea?

13. lapatateinc

lapatateinc Active Member

So no one wants to patch this rom :'(

14. Prectorian

It does run well on Wood R4 v.1.16 and v.1.17, unless of cause you can't use Wood then your only option is to use the emulators. My posts above was also to try look for ways to make it run on YSMENU; still stuck with Error -5 for this game. Not sure why cause I already tried everything I know. Might need to wait until Retro or someone else really fix this problem.

15. Slim Shady

Slim Shady Active Member

Did you try using the orginal R4patch.dat or the ttpatch.dat? I'm pretty sure those files fixes the error code problems...

Here, put these files in your TTMenu.

http://www.mediafire.com/?yew2msqr4d5qgwr

16. lapatateinc

lapatateinc Active Member

I have a CycloDS

17. Prectorian

It didn't solve the issue, I tried your link. I'm quite sure it got something to do with the hex coding that's still missing some part inside extinfo and infolib for the YSMENU. Anyway its no big deal. Thanks.
    Post Merge: [time]1290587970[/time]
    Well its quite unfortunate for you cause WAIO is not getting any support from Xenon++ any longer. So no update will be made for WAIO which CycloDS can use. As for YSMENU still have some hex coding issue with its extinfo and infolib, making the rom registered as unknown and freezes on loading. If you want to play this game, use an emulator for the time being.

18. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

If you are using Ysmenu then the original r4patch.dat is hear to replace and should fix errcode=-5 - replace it into the ttmenu folder

http://wfurl.com/6c7b406

It dose work for me but im using a original R4 card with YSMenu - If you are using TTDS card then it will be ttpatch.dat to be replaced in the TTMenu folder - try an altrentive one and see if it works

19. Prectorian

I'm using original R4 too. I've given it a shot.....IT WORKS!! ;D

Turn out that I had to do:
    1. Change the YSMENU.nds that I had from Vividboy H2Y to the original YSMENU.nds from YASU (found on page 1 of Halo 101 topic); to fix the unknown icon
    2. Revert from the so call edited extinfo.dat and infolib.dat HEX code made by YMYN to the original Retro's Latest DAT v.6.35, or v.6.36., or v.6.37, or v.6.38. So long its does not contain the HEX codes by YMYN; to fix the white screen and loading freeze
    3. Replace the R4patch.dat with the one provided by you (Jhon 591); to fix the error code -5

That's basically it....now it works on both my YSMENU and WOOD R4. Thanks a lot for your help.

The best part of having an Original R4 is having the ability to ping pong the same save file between YSMENU and WOOD R4 in 1 cart without bumping into problem. ;)

20. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

No peoplem! :)

My build for original R4 would have bean alot more helpfull to you for both woodr4 and ysmenu + Ysmenu.nds and woodr4 .nds loader + softreset in ysmenu - alot easer to switch between woodr4 and ysmenu!

http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=27617.msg466427#msg466427