1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Mario & Luigi Bowsers Inside story USA

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by itsmyswagg, Sep 11, 2009.

1. burdybabe

burdybabe New Member

4) Run R4.bat and choose the following: EN, R4, Yes, Yes, EN, 1 (or 4, your choice), and Off.

Please tell me how do you "run R4.bat" - I've done everything else and am stuck on this bit.
    Sorry to be a pain, but I really appreciate if anyone can help x

2. cragecruiser

cragecruiser Active Member

@funguy

replaced all the loaders but it freezes when it comes to selecting file to save??

any other help or clues??

3. Emma1981

Emma1981 Active Member

Coz I've been helped by others, i thought i would try and help other DSTT users that haven't been able to get BIS working with the fixes.

I got mine working, eventually after weeks of trying EVERYTHING! Basically, I downloaded the new firmware 1.17 from Linfox Domain. Then i followed the link that Jhon puts on this page (5 posts up). I downloaded this link to the same folder that my 1.17 kernel was in. When I extracted the .rar file, it automatically asked me if I wanted to replace various files that were already in the folder. I said NO to everything apart from the usrcheat.dat file which needs to be replaced with the one you have just downloaded from Jhon's link.

Then put a clean (unpatched) version of the BIS rom on your card as well as the TTMenu and TTMenu.dat file on your SD card. Make sure you use the USA version of the BIS rom, and not the European file as it doesn't work.

Once you have loaded this on your DS, highlight the BIS rom and press select. Turn cheats on, then click on tab at top for cheats and place a tick in the top box 'enable game fix' or something like that it's called, and make sure you save. The rom should then work okay.

Sorry to you hardcore gamers who think I'm talking in dummy language, but i am also a dummy when it comes to this kind of thing and i would have really appreciated someone telling me how to fix this game in 'layman's terms' like I just have.

I really don't mean to patronise anyone, I just wanted to explain this in dummies terms so people who are not used to this will understand.

4. cragecruiser

cragecruiser Active Member

thanks for talking "normal" emma1981.

anyone got a finished working version for AceKard2??

5. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

That's grate emma1981. Glad to hear!, You could try making a rar file with your files in it and upload at either megaupload , rapidshare , mediafire and place your link hear for DSTT user's to use!

6. funguy

funguy Well-Known Member

@ cragecruiser

have you also deleted any Bowser Insider Story sav files? (if not, then do so, because this will conflict)

7. iveson

iveson Member

Is there a patch for the DS Linker?
    Thanks

8. shadow 26

shadow 26 Well-Known Member

never been able to play it on a dstti, I have in a dstt but not in a dstti, is there a way?

9. rexasaurus

rexasaurus Member

Hey guys I'm new here, and I'm having troubles with this particular guy for my DSTTi. I've upgraded to menu 1.17 like in the original post, but a clean file isn't working for me. Like everyone else who's saying it, I'm getting the "frozen" screen where you would pick a save file.

If anyone knows how to make the game work for a DSTTi, not DSTT, please let me know. I've been dying to play this game since it's release.

Thanks in advance.

10. kjhgfdsa123456789

kjhgfdsa123456789 Active Member

Please it doesen't work on ItouchDS I need help

11. Shades09

Shades09 Well-Known Member

Nice Patch, cool game. Apparently it got 9.5/10 or something. Works fine on R4 sdhc v1.26

12. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

You need to use the unofficial 1.17a07, not just 1.17
    Then delete any save files for the game that may exist and start fresh.

Using the search fuction on "itouch" yielded this posted:

You need to update your firmware.

13. kjhgfdsa123456789

kjhgfdsa123456789 Active Member

14. sukiyaki

sukiyaki New Member

Ok.... sorry to ask this... probably a hundred answers out there already, but I was reading almost all the replies and still havent seen anything. Everytime I play M&L Bowsers Inside Story, it will open, with music, and then ask me to choose which file and I can't choose! It doesn't freeze, just can't select with any buttons. I have an R4 v1.18.... I know there should be a fix out there somewhere, I just need a simple step by step way of fixing it. Thanks so much in advance!

15. jazz-bot

jazz-bot Member

I'm using R4DS SDHC/Ultra (yes, mine is retarded and says SDHC on the card, r4ultra.com on the card, and R4 Ultra in the menu), and I used AKAIO instead of YSmenu for Kingdom Hearts after patching it. It works like a charm. I'm going to test Mario and Luigi 3 now, and I'm sure I will have the same results. In fact, I really like the AKAIO loader. I'd recommend it over YSmenu, in case anyone is interested. It just looks nicer and seems to function better.

16. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

Bottom of page 52

Click hear

https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=22731.msg412275#msg412275

17. rexasaurus

rexasaurus Member

I've ALREADY updated to 1.17, it's still not working. I did mention this, kind of in my first post. ;P

18. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

And I was just saying you need 1.17a07, not 1.17

19. jose_2_19

jose_2_19 Member

http://www.gamebygame.com/index.php?target=pages&page_id=Downloads

in this address i found some downloads that suppose working on 1.4 dsi, kh working fine in r4i sdhc and on dstti but m&lbis not working

20. rexasaurus

rexasaurus Member

Ok so I am using 1.17a07, from the link on the first page. I just figured saying 1.17 would be okay. Sorry if that came off as rude, not my intention.