1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Mario & Luigi Bowsers Inside story USA

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by itsmyswagg, Sep 11, 2009.

1. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

Nope sorry, Down't have any of slot linkers.

2. KevInChester

KevInChester Well-Known Member

For anyone with an R4i Ultra and still having troubles, new firmware is out :) Should fix this I'd imagine

http://www.r4ultra.com/download.htm

3. freepass

freepass Member

How can you tell what kind of R4 you have? Mine has a screw on the back and is blue colored...

4. Jhon 591

I should say on the box or package you got it in!, A blue screw?, weard!

5. carbonarcg

carbonarcg New Member

I'm using dstt and the what was said so far on how to fix the problem for the mario game has worked. Only thing I don't understand is step 4 "Once the firmware's been replaced, get a clean M&L:BIS rom and put it on your MicroSD." What is meant by a clean M&L:BIS rom and do I really need to anything else if it is all working?

6. Jhon 591

I means a rom that has not bean patched!, You may already have it and should be 128MBs in size

When i rom is patched it is also bean trimed in size

7. cragecruiser

cragecruiser Active Member

does anybody have a cracked/patched version for acekard2, i can download and start playing??
    Post Merge: [time]1256132635[/time]
    anybody got a patched/cracked version for acekard2 i can download and start playing???

8. Emma1981

Emma1981 Active Member

Okay, I've held on as long as I can before asking questions coz I didn't want to bug anyone. I have a DSTT and have tried EVERYTHING but cannot get this game to work. I've followed all instructions on that gba website about setting up my DSTT, putting the TTMenu and YSMenu etc. I've tried the new kernel 1.17. I've tried both European and USA versions of the game. I've tried downloading the DSTT English kernel that Jhon suggested. Everytime I get the same problem..... when you get to the screen where you select the save file it just freezes and no buttons work. Any other suggestions? Sorry!

9. BM0365

BM0365 New Member

I am not sure if I am in the right place- But here goes- I have this game running perfectly on an M3DS Real card and have been able to save after Bowser Battles the train as a mega bowser and contunue with the story.- On my sons game card- Exactly the same as the other- His game froze at this point. We have startred a new file to try and get back to where we were, But this file is now freezing in the same way after Bowsers first battle with the Castle when he is mega- Any Ideas??? Our original file was much further through the game- Could it be cheats affecting the save- He loves to use them?

10. jazz-bot

jazz-bot Member

Hey, thanks, I have an R4 SDHC/Ultra (yea that's right, it actually says it's both: don't ask, I say), and AKAIO worked fine for Kingdom Hearts. I've been trying to get past the freezing point after all the starting cutscenes, and now I finally have. Top marks for working that one out! Who would have ever thought AKAIO would work on an R4 clone? (Obviously you did).

11. cragecruiser

cragecruiser Active Member

for those that have a working version of this game on the various flash cards we all own, can you upload to romulation and just state nect to the game which flash card they will work on. almost 60 pages worth of going up and down, how much easier would it be if we could just get the finished working roms uploaded for those of us that can't get it working...

12. aerisb

aerisb Member

has anyone finish this game with DS EDGE???

13. yoshi2889

yoshi2889 Well-Known Member

I got my R4-SDHC (Yes, i found it!) so far with the 1.26 firmware that Bowser came up and no Mario And Luigi... BUT HE EVEN CAN'T GET AFTER THE START GAME SCREEN!!! I used first time: DS_PATCHER.nds... Hope it makes difference...
    Post Merge: [time]1256224255[/time]
    Thanks... I REALLY WAITED FOR FINDING MY R4-SDHC, BUT IT WAS NOT FOR NOTHING!!!!
    Post Merge: [time]1256231976[/time]
    AAWWWW>>> MY R4 FREEZES with the firmware!

14. funguy

funguy Well-Known Member

@cragecruiser

what firmware you using?

AKAIO or official, as this game works fine using AKAIO version 1.5, and a clean rom

15. ilmyfantasyil

ilmyfantasyil New Member

Hey Jhon591,

I tried that site for the ymenu.

https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=22731.msg412278#msg412278

It still does not go pass the create new file. What am I doing wrong?! I feel like a dinosaur! Don't even know how to make a simple game work!

16. Jhon 591

Is it a R4 cart you are using and not any overs like r4i?

If you have a r4 orignal from www.r4ds.com then they should be no resion for it not to work

Format means a clean microSD chip with nothink on it

Are you could be using anuther card?

also note the (E) version of the game will not work , You have to have the (U) version of the game for it to work with ysmenu

17. layton16

layton16 Well-Known Member

hi i downloaded this version of the rom
    4162 - Mario and Luigi Bowsers Inside Story (U)(Xenophobia).nds (i dont know if its the patched one)
    If i use this in the ys menu will it work fully with no freezes

18. Jhon 591

If you downloaded it then it's not patched!, You have to patch it yourself, But down't do that!

And yes if you do own a original R4, It will are should work, It works on my R4 with ysmenu!

And yes the (U) version dose work , But not the (E) version

Just use this one only with R4 original

Ysmenu for R4DS

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?x1ogglxf3mt

With this one you down't need the ysmenu.nds it is bean converted to _DS_Menu.dat , And will self boot

19. ilmyfantasyil

ilmyfantasyil New Member

Jhon591

Oh, so I have to completely wipe everything off of my microsd chip? Can I just click and delete everything or do I have to "reformat" the chip? How on earth do you do that?!

I bought the original R4 at Dealextreme or something like that three years ago. They do not sale that card anymore. I'm 90% sure that it's the original R4

20. Jhon 591

You can just delete the files!, You down't have to deleate your games just place them in the games folder!

If you wish to format, goto my computer fined your drive letter your micro sdcard is using then press left click, then see format , and do a full format

Be sure your games or on your pc as a backup befor dowing this