1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Mario & Luigi Bowsers Inside story USA

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by itsmyswagg, Sep 11, 2009.

1. sandydeath

sandydeath New Member

Re: **Updated** Mario & Luigi Bowsers Inside story USA

I have the M3 real and a lot of games doesnt work (including mario and luigi bowser inside story). anyway i can fix that?

2. maande80

maande80 New Member

Hai, Guys.

I'm really thankful for those wonderful people out there that have been working on the patch and showed a very satisfying result. You guys are awesome! :D

I'm using R4 DS ver 1.18 and used the YSMenu which put the rom in the "Games" folder. Everything worked just fine.

All I wanna know is, after the game runs perfectly, what will happen if I restore everything in the early condition? I mean, I shall delete everything (except the rom and the save file) then put all original 1.18 kernel, MoonShell, DSOrganize, and other rooms, by just pasting them in my Micro SD drive?

Let's say that I also delete the "Games" folder, and put all the roms and the save files (including this M&L: BIS rom), along with the kernel, MoonShell, etc, will I be able to run this M&L rom as well? Or have I no other choice but to run only with this YSMenu interface and requirements, if I want to play this game?

Thanks.

3. sadboy

sadboy Guest

r4i sdhc fix http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=182343

4. dpn21

dpn21 New Member

It's great that its working on R4, but what about EDGE? Won't there be any improvements on its crack fix? ???
    I'm an EDGE user you see. Hopefully someone will take care of this problem. Thanks :)

5. tarotmaniac

tarotmaniac Well-Known Member

i agree im an Edge user as well, great for r4 but im also hoping that Edge has a better fix:))

6. peppero01

peppero01 Member

Yes and no? You don't have any choice but to use YsMenu if you want to play Bowser's Inside Story and an unpatched Kingdom Hearts since the problem with the R4 1.18 firmware is just that--the firmware doesn't know what to do with the games. YsMenu is an alternative firmware with updates necessary to be able to bypass the anti-piracy in these games (it's based on an unofficial DSTT firmware, firmware that's still being updated as opposed to the R4 firmware whose team has long since disappeared).

BUT, I'm guessing by your text that you want to use moonshell and such. Currently I'm running Moonshell 2 + YsMenu and it runs Mario and Luigi and KH just fine. Love, love Moonshell 2. If you want to learn how to do that go here: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=149734.

7. supernova-777

supernova-777 Active Member

Can i Use the r4sdhc fix with akaio 1.5.1.?
    because i have a save file from akaio 1.5.1 working without the fix

8. maande80

maande80 New Member

That's not totally relieving... :p

But thank you, peppero01. I shall try MoonShell 2 later on.

Before this Mario & Luigi rom issue, I know nothing about this YsMenu. Any idea where to find more info about it (the use, the function, and such)?

Much appreciated.

9. treeko1235

treeko1235 New Member

it works! for the r4. i wonder how many people report to the R4i about the bug ( i reported because i wanted to play)

10. 7Meeth

7Meeth Member

I tried what Jhon is saying, but in the end I messed up my flash card. Now the archives are '' RAW '' and I have to Re - Format and I´ll lost all my games and saved data. Thank you very much for the useless help. I´m using R4 III Upgrade. I´m going to buy another flash card for sure, cuz R4 isnt a decent flash card at all. And BTW, I dont care about just a single game, If I have a gama of games to play, and I lost them all because of just one. Thanks God I have Half the Roms lost stored in my HD.

11. adriskrayzee

adriskrayzee Well-Known Member

YOU ended up messing up your flash card. Don't blame thing you don't know about on someone else, specially when they are kindly helping you.

12. jedi22

jedi22 Member

Has anyone managed to get it working on an R4i Ultra?

13. 7Meeth

7Meeth Member

Yes I do know what im doing and what I did, but before post it wasnt better tell which kind of R4 Carts are working with YSMenu im not blaming, sorry if I did

14. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

Deleted

15. holoflame

holoflame Well-Known Member

Well, i've do all the ysmenu stuff and it broke my R4, waiting 'till my Cyclo ds arrives

16. indianCHAN

indianCHAN Well-Known Member

Would someone give me a prepatched ROM that works on the M3 Simply?

17. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

Deleted

18. wiil0rd

wiil0rd New Member

Why don't someone just post a working PATCHED version for both r4/r4i SDHC, because I don't wanna ruin my ds/i?

19. koyuchan

koyuchan Well-Known Member

you can find the patched rom in first page,
    and if you follow the instruction carefully, It won't ruin your DS,
    I followed the instructions and did it slowly and I made it
    This is my first experience to do such things like this you know ;)

20. sonicfanboy

sonicfanboy Well-Known Member

thanks so i just put the unpached rom in game rom folder cool now i have ysmenu and m&lbis yay