1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Mario & Luigi Bowsers Inside story USA

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by itsmyswagg, Sep 11, 2009.

1. Steveice10

Steveice10 New Member

Re: **Updated** Mario & Luigi Bowsers Inside story USA

Well, I got a EZ Flash Vi today so all my problems are solved without trouble! Maybe you should do the same....

2. noobxpoons

noobxpoons Member

Alright, let's say I have no clue what to do.
    I have an R4DS version 1.18.
    The only thing I know how to do is extract.
    I'm not familiar with the vocabulary of this stuff, can someone tell me what to do or send me a link to a guide or a patched rom? thanks.

3. Renji217

Renji217 Well-Known Member

Ok.... Lets say you can read.... Do this and it should work.... (I have the same flashcard and it works)

4. SuppaSlick

SuppaSlick New Member

TO ALL WITH R4 (Original) GETTING ERROR MESSAGES
    1. DELETE EVERYTHING OFF YOUR MICRO SD
    2. FORMAT IT (WINDOWS JUST RIGHT CLICK AND HIT FORMAT, MAC GO TO APPLICATIONS>UTILITY>DISK UTILITY, CLICK ON YOUR MICRO SD AND HIT ERASE
    3. DOWNLOAD THE PACKAGE FOR R4 THAT INCLUDES DSTT FIRMWARE AND YSMENU (Somewhere in the thread) AND DRAG EVERYTHING TO THE FRESH CARD
    4. DOWNLOAD UNPATCHED ML3 ROM AND DRAG TO CARD
    5. PLAY AND ENJOY

5. alvcakep

alvcakep New Member

ATTENTION FOR R4SDHC USER!!!

1. Download the Latest 1.26 kernell.
    2. Download this YS Menu : http://www.mediafire.com/?tvgdugymduv
    3. Download Mario Luigi BIS clean roms.
    4. Format your MicroSD.
    5. Ekstract 1.26 kernell to microSD
    6. Ekstract the YS menu and copy the TTMenu folder and YSMenu.nds to root of MicroSD
    7. Boot your NDS, launch the YSMenu.nds and Load the Mario Luigi Roms.
    8. Enjoy!!!

6. peppero01

peppero01 Member

I'll repost what I posted a few pages back. This is the simplest I can water it down to:

People are making things more confusing than they are. I do not know about R4 clones, but here's a simple process for creating YsMenu + new DSTT firmware with a genuine R4:

Note: REFORMAT SD CARD BEFOREHAND USING PANASONIC SD FORMATTER.

1) Download the following modified R4SysAuto from http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?e2mfndlinzw. Credit goes to GBATemp for this link; this is the ESSENTIAL file for creating YsMenu and already contains the updated DSTT firmware (that makes Mario and Luigi: BIS and the recent KH game work).

2) Download the LATEST YsMenu. I can't provide a direct link due to the maker's request, but the link can be found here: http://home.usay.jp/pc/etc/nds/
    Simply SCROLL DOWN until you reach a topic with "DS(T_T)DS" in turquoise. Click the link that says "2009/03/27 00:00:EZ3in1+ NOR." Do NOT click the link that says "YSMenu(2009/03/21 17:00)" as that is a slightly older version.

3) Extract downloaded file from step 1 into a folder. In this folder, also place the file downloaded from step 2 (without extracting).

4) Run R4.bat and choose the following: EN, R4, Yes, Yes, EN, 1 (or 4, your choice), and Off.

5) Once it completes, it'll create and open a zip file for you. Extract this into your SD Card root. It'll either be TTMenu + _DS_MENU.DAT if you chose 1 to replace firmware, or a .NDS file if you chose to 4 (from step 4).

6) Run the new firmware + working games. Done and enjoy.

7. Metaternal

Metaternal New Member

I've gotten 3 hours in using this patch on an original R4 with no problems. The one that does come up, however, is strange and completely avoidable.

Goomba Storm freezes my game.

Either this is a Phat problem, or I just suck, but I seem to be able to progress fine without using the attack. I just felt the need to post this odd occurrence.

8. richh 24

richh 24 Member

can someone put up the patch version for the r4 cuz i dnt understand how to work the ysmenu nd stuff...plz nd thanks

9. Renji217

Renji217 Well-Known Member

Which R4 because this is for the R4 NOT R4SDHC.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?jmnzmzhofod

Not mine. Someone else.

10. PhatomKids

PhatomKids Well-Known Member

You might not wanna post that..

because yasu do not like people posting his stuff everywhere on the net...

11. NeoJobe

NeoJobe New Member

Peppero01 I am about to follow your directions. Thank you for putting this into plain fucking English, I was about to lose my mind. If I can follow the directions (completely on me at this point) and get it working, you are a god.

Thank you, again.

12. noobxpoons

noobxpoons Member

peppero, I thank you alot for these steps, i'm very close to succeeding even with my noob knowledge. But I have a couple questions to ask you.

1. when extracting from step number 2, do I extract the folder and put it in another folder i made?

2. where can I find this R4.bat program from step 4?

3. what is a firmware and how should I reformat my mini SD card?

sorry for all the questions.

13. dpn21

dpn21 New Member

Will there be a better crack fix for EDGE users? I'm getting annoyed with the game freezing sometimes after battle. Makes me start over from the save point again. :(

14. peppero01

peppero01 Member

It's okay. Everyone starts somewhere. I'm a bit confused on your first question, but the downloaded zip file from the second step shouldn't be extracted.

And just to add a bit of clarification because this is what I think you mean: In the downloaded folder from step 1, extract the zip file. There's a "r4ysauto" folder, but just focus on the files -inside- that folder. Place the downloaded zip from step 2 into this folder too. In this same folder (where basically you've put everything) there's a file called r4.bat. Just run it and a black command screen comes up. Type in all the things I said in step 4 for each of the prompts from the command screen.

Lastly, the firmware/kernel was basically all the files you had on your micro sd when you first got your R4. My instructions will either allow you to just get rid of all that and replace it, or run it as a ".nds"/rom file to open YsMenu. YsMenu itself is just a firmware/kernel, just a different one.

As for formatting, use this: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=4003. Before formatting, hit options and put "FULL ERASE ON," ignore the second option and leave it as is, and format. This has to be done before everything else.

15. 5zal07

5zal07 Member

can someone upload the patch game for r4 ?

and how to check which type of r4 im using?

16. peppero01

peppero01 Member

It's not a patched game. You run a clean version of the rom. What you're doing is using a different firmware for the R4 and the steps are different if you happen to have a clone version of an R4 instead of a genuine one.

17. mlwy45

mlwy45 Member

i pretty much gave up on this, i've done everything but drown the DS in the kitchen sink. I'll just be honest bout this one and buy the game.

18. lock101

lock101 New Member

Thanks Man finally got it working on my r4III Upgrade [Weird name for a flashcart]

19. blaziken123

blaziken123 Active Member

Same
    Post Merge: [time]1254174358[/time]
    Can you please give me a link for the DSTTi Mario and luigi bowsers inside story fix? My dstt is upgraded already to V.1.17! I tried the unofficial V.1.17 but it froze. I have not tried it yet so tell me if it will work(if it doesnt, send me the link.}
    Email me at [email protected] OR PM me.
    Thankyou!
    Post Merge: [time]1254210568[/time]
    Khrmp, the dstt unofficial update freezes all my games.
    IS THERE ANOTHER WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

Deleted