1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Mario & Luigi Bowsers Inside story USA

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by itsmyswagg, Sep 11, 2009.

1. happyelf

happyelf New Member

Re: **Updated** Mario & Luigi Bowsers Inside story USA

hey Jhon 591, Thanks alot for posting the solution to the biggest headache I've had since having an r4.

Everyone else who has an r4, just follow instructions on jhon 591 post above. Remember, don't be stupid like me and try to keep using a patched copy of the game, just use the clean rom.

thanks again jhon 591

2. xbox452

xbox452 Member

NOOOO why cant the site just make a pre ready downloadable patched game?!!! I have downloaded YSM menu, put it on my R4 v.1.18 english and nothing changed, i also downloaded and re downloaded the game in attempt to get a clean rom. CAN SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP ME!

3. Renji217

Renji217 Well-Known Member

Finaly!! I can play ML3!! Too bad Im into KH more.... Thanks anyway!!

4. adriskrayzee

adriskrayzee Well-Known Member

That's because you are not installing it right.
    You are supposed to delete your old firmware (1.18) and install the new one (YSMenu).

5. cacatoa25

cacatoa25 New Member

sir doctor can you please send my all the files you used, I have a R4 III upgrade too but i cant figure it out how to make it work, im pretty dumb

Here is my mail : [email protected]
    Thanks in advance

6. adriskrayzee

Here they are:
    http://ifile.it/wk8pzu1/YSMenu.rar
    Just extract the files and put them in the root of your card.

7. Boycebrush

Boycebrush New Member

This isn't working on my R4SDHC - D: What do I need to do?

8. adriskrayzee

This:

9. cacatoa25

cacatoa25 New Member

thanks adris

10. Renji217

I have the original R4 and Im following the guide in GBAtemp.net. Im on step 8 and was wondering what to do. Do I delete the colon infront of LITERALS=LITERALS_ENG and add one infront of LITERALS=LITERALS_JAP or do I delete LITERALS=LITERALS_JAP and the colon infront of LITERALS=LITERALS_ENG?? Or am I suppose to do something else??

11. Kage56

Kage56 Well-Known Member

just put ; in front of literal_jap and delete the one in front of literal_eng

12. adriskrayzee

It's the same thing, since the ones with the colon are deactivated. So if there's already a LITERALS=LITERALS_ENG, just remove the colon from that one instead of changing the JAP one.

13. Renji217

Thanks for the help!! It works!!

14. joostin_4@yahoo.com

[email protected] New Member

Thank you guys so much. It's working on my original R4 with the YSmenu. I just have one question.

There is no skin or theme at all. After it says loading for a bit, it goes directly to the games folder. If YSmenu is a DSTT thing, shouldn't it go to the DSTT menu?

I youtubed it to see what it should look like, and it doesn't go through the interface. Just straight to games directory. Is there any way to fix that? Or is that part of the sacrifice to using a YSmenu on the original R4 and there's nothing I can do about it?

15. adriskrayzee

If you downloaded my compilation, it seems that I made a mistake, the YSMenu1 and YSMenu2 images that work as a skin are in PNG format, just open them in Paint and save them as BMP, and yes they should be in the TTMenu folder, I just tested it and the skins do work.

16. Kage56

Kage56 Well-Known Member

i'm betting my friend is going to be jealous... maybe
    i forgot what his r4 looked like XD

anyway, thanks for the sites that contain new firmware and the fixes :D
    i was wondering if the unofficial dstt firmwares would every update again D:

17. Re: **Updated** Mario & Luigi Bowsers Inside story USA

Can someone please make/create a vid (then post it on youtube) on how to patch this step to step? I am getting a lot of text to read and a lot of people say it doesn't work and other people say it does work. It might not work for some people becuase they still don't understand how to patch correctly, even with step by step instructions. I've been trying a lot of combinations that people told me to do on how to solve this situation for this game but still are unable to play it....help?

18. joostin_4@yahoo.com

[email protected] New Member

Is this all that I need to change? I changed those two files to bitmap images, and there is a background grid now in the file selection so that worked.

But as far as skins go, I deleted the files in the "default" folder under skins, and replaced it with a DSTT theme I downloaded. That doesn't seem to come up. Is there something else I have to do?

It still just goes directly to the games folder but now with the grid background.

19. cacatoa25

cacatoa25 New Member

help me!!! i cant get past the black loading screen. I just downloaded the ysmenu folder from the link of adris. What do i have to have in the root??? Just the folders of ysmenu and one with the roms??? or something more???

20. tmac24

tmac24 Active Member

the game id might not match the id used to make the cheat file you'll have to down load cheat code editor and change the ids to match