1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Mario & Luigi Bowsers Inside story USA

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by itsmyswagg, Sep 11, 2009.

1. elemental101

elemental101 Member

For anyone who is interested in getting this to work with Itouchds, if you go to www.simplepluseasy.com and download the new firmware (version 3.3B) it comes with a fix that makes the game playable. I have tested it and it works fine, but apparently there are some freezing issues if you save and quit and then try to reload the game. This is being looked at but if you want to play, its only a minor issue that really causes next to no problems.

2. Arturito_Burrito

Arturito_Burrito New Member

I can't get my rom to work on the acekard2i, I believe I patched it right but it doesn't allow me to move it into my SD card. It says "invalid MS-DOS function"

I assuming something must be wrong with my acekard but i was able to add scribblenauts to it and everything seemed to be the same from what is posted in those 3 steps.

3. mordaki987

mordaki987 Well-Known Member

has anyone found a fix for no$gba yet? I'm still searching for a fix to get by the bowser midbus or whatever his name is fight.

4. Trying running the unpatched game on desmume 0.9.4. It's a pretty good emulator, I'm well past the Bowser vs Midbus fight and this way I save myself from joining the ranks of the R4 whiners because that happens to be my flashcard of choice as well.

Only problem I've had is slightly funny sounds occasionally from running at 91-95%, and of course having to fish out my gamepad because I find using the keyboard for emulators is a pain in the ass :)

5. oohmeplums

oohmeplums Active Member

Easiest option is to buy/use a cyclods, use the cheat code link (posted a few days ago, can't remember who!) use latest firmware v1.55? and either put up with game crashing following save points or easier use RTS, the latter is best option but both work.

6. mcl1987

mcl1987 New Member

http://rapidshare.com/files/280048636/Mario_and_Luigi_Bowsers_Inside_Story.rar.html

Found this - site I go to for a lot of stuff. I'm trying it now. It's for the R4 or any other cards.

7. ggrroohh

ggrroohh Well-Known Member

Keep us updated.I hope it works!:)

8. nemesis11

nemesis11 Well-Known Member

nope it diesnt work on r4sdhc

9. jonkswa

jonkswa Well-Known Member

you forgot it can work on itouch ds if you update the new firmware to 3.3b
    http://www.simplepluseasy.com/ can be found there
    (or if not availibile use the search box type "download" click "how to get your itouch ds running"
    then scroll down till' you see a link in there click it then download the latest firmware.

(see, i can be useful)
    Post Merge: [time]1253187174[/time]
    don't forget to update/edit your post, "itsmyswagg"

Edit: forget it

10. jayMASTERjay

jayMASTERjay Active Member

If it's working, can someone re-upload it? The Rapidshare one is not working. Thanx. :)

11. Spawngasm

Spawngasm New Member

Firmware 1.56b1 for Cyclods works, but it screws Scribblenauts up to the point that it's not playable.

12. Sythian

Sythian Well-Known Member

Just an update for everyone. Tried that DSOne fix with the latest firmware etc.. And I've still got the same issue of my save file not being retained after playing. Any body got an idea of how to fix this. It's more annoying than if the game didn't work at all, because I can actually play it, just can't save my progress which is annoying.

13. jaspieleung

jaspieleung Active Member

Do you have any idea if this will work on the SuperCard DSONEi ~ I tried following the patch but I still get the white screen at the start and just music ~ I'm pretty sure I patched it correctly ~

Thanks ~

Jaspie ~

14. Sythian

Theoretically it should work if it's been patched right. I had no issues at all running the game on my SuperCard DSONE, just the saving issue which I believe is related to the card itself. Best bet is so play something else like I am until SuperCard releases an updates ndsinfo.dat file or firmware update which fixes the game properly without the need to patch. It hopefully won't take them too long.

15. cocolicous

cocolicous Member

I have a breakthrough. I have it working on my R4i, The only problem is that it seems that it needs firmware 1.4, So I updated my firmware, And got a new R4i, one that supports the firmware, This is the only known way to get it working on R4 at the moment.

I am running:
    R4i Gold 1.29
    DSi firmware 1.4
    Mario and Luigi ( so far its running fine without the patch) It loads gets past the save screen, I am not having any trouble, I am going to test it out and confirm that it works 100%, So far its looking good.

16. Sythian

Well done cocolicous. Sounds like you'll have made some R4i users VERY happy. Keep us informed mate. And can some other R4i owners test this too?

17. yin.yang

yin.yang Member

Can anyone post a pre-patch Mario and Luigi Bowser's Inside Story? I'm currently using a Acekard 2i

18. Sythian

If you look on the first page, in the first post, and scroll down a little in it you'll see there is a link to a pre-patched version.

It pays to read :)

19. cocolicous

cocolicous Member

Hi all,

I am going to do a few tests, Firstly i want to see if it is the newer card that is making it work, So i am going to test it on a lower version dsi and ds lite, From there we can see if you need the new card of the new 1.4 firmware. I am also playing the game to look for piracy checks

I will let you know. Lets hope by me checking all this someone can develop a patch once we know more.

20. aurys 96

aurys 96 New Member

so this work on the r4i gold? Also with the firmware 1.3u?