1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Maplestory..Safe to download?

Discussion in 'PC' started by houstontx224, Mar 2, 2012.

1. houstontx224

houstontx224 Well-Known Member

It's about time for me to try Maplestory. Wish I could have this on DS but, since it's not fully translated..:(. So, I went to the Nexon (?) site and was deciding to download and install Maplestory. Just want to know from my fellow and fellowettes if it's safe to download and if you played it or still do..Is it fun?

Thanks,

HoustonTX224

2. RandomRedMage

RandomRedMage Well-Known Member

It's safe. But I didn't care much for it. So I stopped playing.

3. megashell

megashell Well-Known Member

Why wouldn't it be safe? o_O

And i had the DS one, it sucks so much!

4. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

The latest changes have made it more accessible to newcomers. Veteran players may dislike the changes, for example, the lack of the dice roll when creating your character (Your stats are automatically added until you reach level 11 or have made a job advancement at level 10). The new classes seem extremely overpowered, making the classic adventurer classes except for Bishops obsolete.

Even after its EXP revamps, it's still a pretty grind-y game. You'll be storming through level 1-60 but as soon as you reach your third advancement at level 70, things start to get really slow and possibly tedious.

The variety of classes is pretty good. You have the 5 original adventurers: Warriors (Branches off to Spearman, Page and Fighter), Mages (Branches off to Ice-Lightning Mage, Fire-Poison Mage and Cleric), Bowmen (Branches off to Hunter and Crossbowman), Rogues (Branches off to Bandits and Assassins) and Pirates (Branches off to Brawlers and Gunslingers). You also have 5 Knight of Cygnus: Soul Warrior, Wind Archer, Flame Wizard, Night Walker and Thunder Breaker. There is the Aran which is a combo-oriented Warrior class, the Dual Blader, which is a bandit which uses Katanas alongside their Daggers, Evans which are mages that control dragons and use them to fight enemies.

Another set of classes called the Resistance was introduced awhile ago. They consist of Battle Mages, Wild Hunters and Mechanics. There are also four brand new classes called the Demon Slayer, Mercedes, Cannoneer and Phantoms, which uses cards and can copy skills from other classes.

Oh wait you just wanted to know if it's safe?

ya

5. houstontx224

houstontx224 Well-Known Member

Thanks RandomRedMage...but, Ive heard pretty much positive things about it..Why did you stop exactly?..lol @Megashel...I probably downloaded some pc games form " not so" reliable sites and screwed up my pc...lol @ Thanks Stanley Richards...I definitely appreciate the insight.. I would have asked that next...lol Are there any pc games like Maplestory that are BETTER?..:)

6. Stanley Richards

When it comes to 2D MMO games, nope. It's the best you can find.

7. grimreaper26

grimreaper26 Well-Known Member

Grand Chase is similar to maple story in a sense that its also a side scroller, though the characters and monsters are in 3D. As if it's better or not, I can't say (haven't played Maple Story).

8. kenny6457

kenny6457 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I haven't seen one like it...
    I will have to start playing it again sometime, I'm kinda bored

9. Umicel

Umicel Member

I liked LaTale. At least the monsters ONLY hurt you when they attack, not just by walking into you.

10. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

The game itself is probably safe enough, but use a separate email address to sign up (one you don't use for ANYTHING else) and a different password to anything else since accounts on that game are always getting hacked. Also don't visit any websites claiming to sell/give you currency or items.

11. Stanley Richards

People's accounts are getting hacked because of the stupidity of the player himself. The game requires you to enter like 3 unique passwords every time you log in.

12. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

my advice should be followed for all online games. Don't even use an 'online games' email address, have a separate email account for every game.

13. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

loony speaks the truth... especially if the game's hosting company has corrupt employees &/or GMs who actually hack into players' accounts to steal their stuff. And yes this does happen :p