1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Manual, or automatic?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mds64, Nov 16, 2009.

1. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

AE86 NEED MANUAL!!!

It would be a CALAMITY if it using AUTO.

need to drift... ;D

2. Aiiko

Aiiko Well-Known Member

I've only had a few driving lessons and they were all on a manual car. I hated it. Damn clutch and gearbox-seems like over-the-top unnecessary macho nonsense for me. I plan on resuming lessons eventually, most likely on an automatic since I hated the gearbox.

Even if I learned to drive a manual, I'd most likely go for an automatic car for ease of use and lack of unnecessary crap. Motorbikes all the way though! Car interface design needs some serious work...it's clunky and full of crap IMO. I thought the future was now dammit >_<

3. Megiddo

Megiddo Active Member

manual, like any real man should.

4. theunderling

theunderling Well-Known Member

LOL,I couldnt get an Evo8 with automatic box.

The X5 auto is a good car,but the diff didnt last me long.

5. MadmanNero

MadmanNero Well-Known Member

Hauling 5 kids around in a family van so thus its an automatic.

6. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

You can shift in auto, there are some gears...

but no fun ;D

..I want one soooooo badly...

7. fahsky

fahsky Well-Known Member

I'm so used to automatics... I've had them my whole, short driving career. lol But, I just bought a 93 Nissan Pathfinder 4x4 that's a manual. Soooo, I'm going to be stalling & crunching gears all around my neighborhood learning to drive that bad boy. XD I'm really excited though, I got an awesome deal on it, it's got a mean set of tires on it, & I can go anywhere on the island now (I live in Hawaii). I left behind an adorable little Tracker in Florida, but this is definitely a step up (literally & figuratively) . lol

8. Apollooo

Apollooo Well-Known Member

manual FTW!!!

9. theunderling

Cars are a luxury,Ive only made money on 1 car,the rest Ive lost £1000's.You could stick a couple of fuel magnets on you Lancer,thatll boost the power up a bit

10. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

I already abuse the power of my car..I don't think I do-I already drive like a typical young p-plater XD

My car tends to stop accelerating at 120Km's...and that's too much around where I am...I'm no racer so it's no worry, if I was on a track I'd buy an evo on the spot XD

SHifting gears keeps me awake after long work shifts-it helps keep focus especially on changing speed limit areas.

:)

11. iluvgtavcs

iluvgtavcs Guest

if you're lazy.... AUTO
    if you want more fun and labour and less mpg, go for manual!!!

12. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Manual actually has a higher MPG.

13. fahsky

fahsky Well-Known Member

*nod nod* Wikipedia states it's about a 5-15% increase, which makes a big difference in SUVS & trucks at least. ^^

14. theunderling

Manuals are better if you live in a snowy/icy area.The auto gearboxes cost a lot to replace/repair and its very difficult to bump start an auto LOL.

15. jascallme

jascallme Member

im one of those lazy people im using auto >.<

16. iluvgtavcs

iluvgtavcs Guest

guess so....
    Anyways what do you guys think about Toyota's FT-86 Concept?

17. Omega00

Omega00 Well-Known Member

I'm not much of a driving person, but in video games I like the chalenge of manual, they are too easy on auto