1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Man get's fined 1.5million for uploading new super mario bros wii

Discussion in 'General News' started by mds64, Feb 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MitsukaiXxX

MitsukaiXxX Well-Known Member

ISP dont bother checking if your doing illegal stuff.

Its companies that get payed to fish you out,and when they get proof your downloading illegal stuff,they contact your ISP for your details and then mail you :)

My sisters works for s ISP and she said they dont check what anyones doing,but hey get letters through from Anti P2P companies asking for details,she gives it to them,then they contact you LOL

But i use Peerblock and people cant access my pc to see what im doing,Ive used it for 5 years(It was calle peer guardian) and ive never been caught.

When i donwloading from utorrent,i check the blocked list,and i get about 350 incoming block connections from names like "Sweedish university of Anti P2P" ETC ETC

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

peerblock fills your harddisk up pretty quick.

3. MitsukaiXxX

Hmmmm....i don think so
    it uses barly no space or ram on my machine,and i got nearly 2 Million IP blocked
    And the tree of folders uses rougly 20mb......

Thats on my machine anyhow :)

4. Loonylion

I had it running on my server, it filled the disk up. There was an 11GB file in the peerblock folder.

5. MitsukaiXxX

You sure!
    Something must of gone wrong

Coz mines always been 20 mb

The lists are only text files,so cant see how they got to 11GB!?!

6. iluvgtavcs

iluvgtavcs Guest

Heh.
    I wonder how he's going to repay his debt...
    Maybe in jail for like, 18 months, I guess.
    Still, Nintendo, finally you give up on trying to sue your ass off the flashcarts!

7. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

How do you know? Are you Nintendo?

I like how you chose the word finally, when they only sued R4.

8. markswan

markswan Well-Known Member

I was hoping that they would find the filthy bastard that molested Toad, i hope that they throw away the key!

9. garychencool

garychencool Well-Known Member

They probably won't care about small plaes but think of Pirate Bay! They got busted and the entire site is down. But for movies, MEGAVIDEO is still not busted. Same with many other sites that have movies. I'm Asian therefore I would know a ton of sites where you can download stuff! VERYCD.COM! LOL, they cracked down on some people but if you think about it, that guy uploaded it once (I think) while the rest of the world probably has something like that.

If there was a internet police force, we would all be busted. Come on, who doesn't have something illegal of some sort on their PC/CD?

10. MitsukaiXxX

Piarte bay is up and running still.

There tracker was shut down,not the site

A site like PB is too too big to be shut down,due to the huge community worldwide that they have.The onyl wasy PB will ever be shut down is if there physically walk in and shut it down.

Mininova on the other hand had a complete pussy running it and deleted every copyrighted thing on the site,basically shutting it down.

But hey ISOHUNT is still here,and demonoid :)

But these days i go private torrent :) im up to level 7 so far :)

11. nemesis11

nemesis11 Well-Known Member

that shit is fake!that is just nintendo trying to scare all the hackers and producers of flashcarts etc...

12. MitsukaiXxX

wouldnt suprise me :)

13. nemesis11

nemesis11 Well-Known Member

its impossible to pay that that much!not even if he work hes whole live he would get that money,so thats why that is so fake!

14. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

This post is so wrong it hurts

Companies always sue for thousands of dollars, or a lot more, it's to deter people from doing the same thing.

15. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

And they always settle for minuscule amounts.

A guy I went to college with wrote a program (with the help of three other students from two other college). It searched the what was referred to as the "Internet 2" or just a large backbone connecting majority universities, corporations, and research facilities etc, for shared files, mostly songs. It compiled the info in a database and let people easily find what was already being shared.

The RIAA filed suit for the total of about 97 Billion dollars.
    http://yro.slashdot.org/yro/03/04/05/1931233.shtml?tid=141&tid=98
    http://news.cnet.com/RIAA-sues-campus-file-swappers/2100-1027_3-995429.html

They settled for I believe around 20,000 or so USD. The guy in question also got a tons of job offers from places like Intel.

16. iluvgtavcs

iluvgtavcs Guest

Well, basically, the issue of flashcarts sparked up from the R4 dudes importing them to the USA and Canada.
    And... Well, since now, there hasn't really much been any issues going on with flashcarts now... except for that japanese dude who... got jailed 18 months? I forgot...

17. samusaran115

samusaran115 Well-Known Member

Haha. It would help if wii games weren't so hard to play pirated. Or such a large file. Why don't they go after the people who upload NDS games? DS games are way easier to hack... Doesn't nintendo have the power to catch these little people who upload big stuff?

Btw, mitsukai, I freakin love your avatar. It's pretty rad.

18. Loonylion

They do... thats why some of our games can't be downloaded.

19. Zafrina

Zafrina Member

well in Australia the government is planing a compulsory internet filter (costing thousands and probably wont even get made like the fricken Myki system...) but if the did they could easily filter out websites like Romulation, Demonoid and others. the worst bit is i will slow down everyones connection because it will have to filter all our sites and could block online game servers o_O

20. blaziken123

blaziken123 Active Member

I am so angry.We already paid for the console! AND I HAVE TO PAY OVER 100 DOLLARS FOR A GAME! WHAT THE CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.