1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Malaysian! cant you make something original?

Discussion in 'Rants' started by calvin_0, Nov 20, 2008.

1. nex26

nex26 Well-Known Member

For bbc shows... the adverts are non-commercial... there's a massive difference.

2. forte_amirul

forte_amirul Well-Known Member

What is good about BBC?

3. nex26

nex26 Well-Known Member

No commercial breaks + on the whole, the shows a very good, TopGear, Doctor Who/Torchwood, Life on Mars/Ashes to Ashes, the nature documentaries with David Attenbourgh, a good variety of comedy.

4. forte_amirul

Wow,lucky I live in Kuwait.Free BBC.I prefer cartoon or anime than watching BBC.

5. x9x9x

x9x9x Well-Known Member

Well watching American shows on the BBC is far better than watching them on American channels, means the excessively long adverts that US TV insist upon for some reason.

Heroes, for example, is only 45 minutes (1 episode was 40 minutes LUCKY US!) while in America it's at least an hour.

I (being 14) don't truly know the extent of the cruelty the TV License causes, but we could surely just watch BBC iPlayer online and avoid paying at all...

6. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

american channels are all financed by ads, like most of our freeview channels are (also ITV, channel 4 and channel 5) There also seems to be at least one freeview channel dedicated to commercials, though I can't imagine anyone watching it.

7. 1prinnydood

1prinnydood Guest

All of which make hefty profits when syndicated out through BBC Worldwide(the commercial arm of the BBC).

8. nex26

nex26 Well-Known Member

Well, Joanthon Ross isnt going to pay for himself.

9. x9x9x

x9x9x Well-Known Member

Nor is Terry Wogan who costs the BBC more than several of their lower-budget shows put together, I assume.

10. Loonylion

Jonathan Ross is is pretty much one of their highest paid presenters.

11. nex26

nex26 Well-Known Member

£30million a year I believe, funny how being a lisping weeaboo can get you so far in life, i lost all the repect I had for him after "Sachsgate".

12. forte_amirul

How did they get paid?

13. Loonylion

I thought it was £18M over 3 years. Either way, its far too much.

14. nex26

nex26 Well-Known Member

Thats just for Friday Night with JW, i think..

15. forte_amirul

Only for that?

16. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

Jonathan Woss should at least learn to speak properly

17. x9x9x

x9x9x Well-Known Member

It's why it totally doesn't suprise me that the BBC suspended him (most likely without pay) for so long:

Get out of his ridiculously large wages.

I bet them BBC accountants had a sigh of relief after Wogan resigned from doing Eurovision, also the year before we came 4th because he was tired of political voting and us getting nowhere. Just lol.

18. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

Hey guys, I think Jonathan Woss is trying to remove all the 'r's from the BBC

19. x9x9x

x9x9x Well-Known Member

Lolwut?

That may cause pwoblems with all their wadio stations

20. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

Well when Jonathan Woss changes his name to Jonathan Woss he'll be alright