1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Mac vs Pc(windows)

Discussion in 'Debates' started by doommaker, Jul 28, 2012.

?

the question is pretty strait foward. Which do you think is the best?

1. Mac

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Pc(Windows)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Duncan Idaho

Duncan Idaho Well-Known Member

Movies that go you and watch on the theather guess what OS handles the producing? Mac, the buldings you see that are made now? Mac OS is used for the creation of blue prints and such, mac not only holds a share of the market it's holds an important place of the market, windows is for other tasks such as gaming (which mac is now getting onto) i find amusing that people say fuck apple when movies, music and even blue prints are produced on mac

Anyway for me mac>windows the dock was what sold me on mac.

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

You'd be wrong. Windows is also widely used in media production and CAD. Mac's share of those markets is significantly lower than it once was, quite simply because they're no longer as good as they once were at those tasks. In fact, their advantage over windows has been depleted to the point that windows is taking over purely because its cheaper long term.

3. Duncan Idaho

Well my uncle works in the movie/TV/music business and often he tells me that most of the time it's mac what is used on those areas, windows is a bit meh when it comes to movie editing, i have not found something so simple as iMovie of mac for windows, nor some other recording programs i used to run in my old mac to make some videos, i tested sony vegas and windows movie maker and both arent my coup of tea.

Anyway if i could afford replacing the ram+graphs card+procesor+motherboard+shell of the my old macbook i would do so w/o giving it a second tought i trult miss the dock interface and the windows tweaks for using well dock in windows are sligthly glitchy

4. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

Why does no one like Macs?
    Personally, I prefer them a lot more than PCs (other than gaming). I find the OS much easier to use and the perfection Apple puts into OSX makes it worthwhile.

That being said, I prefer Windows a lot more for gaming.
    But with the addition of VMware on Mac, it's very easy to use Windows only apps (like mIRC) on an Mac.

So yeah, I like Macs better, but Windows definitely has its advantages.

5. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

the professional media industry couldn't give two shits about whether their software is simple or not. They want software that does the job quickly and reliably, and produces good results. iMovie is for home users to produce their holiday videos on, it was not intended to be professional grade. Professional level video editors who use macs would use final cut pro, equally professional level video editors on windows would use sony vegas or avid. Windows is equally good at the job as mac is, and a professional using avid or sony vegas could produce anything that a professional using final cut pro can.

because they're overpriced, non-upgradable PCs with an OS designed for toddlers, by toddlers. Macs are a mere shadow of what they once were. And perfection into OSX? would that be the same perfection that saw lion released with an extremely serious security flaw?

6. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

Well, I don't really care about gaming and loads of powerful programs to run. So no need for upgrades. All I need is Office 2010 to run smoothly and to be able to browse on the Internet on my MacBook. And BTD5 once in a while.

For everything else, I use my Windows computer. Which, happily, is being replaced by a beast of a computer by Puget Systems. And yeah, that'd be the perfection :)

7. Duncan Idaho

I am sure i added a "," the imovie section and onwards is my personal opinion on the mac, before the imovie is what my uncle tells me.

8. gaynorvader

gaynorvader Well-Known Member

Does office run smoothly on a Mac? I found it messed up when doing more complex excel functions, which made it useless.

9. Hypr

Hypr Well-Known Member

I hardly see this as a valid reason to use a Mac over a PC, especially since the PC can handle all the tasks you've mentioned that you use the Mac for.

In fact, wouldn't it be more cost-effective for you, Xenirina if you just stuck with the PC? Do you even use any applications made exclusively for a Mac anyways?

10. hellothere231

hellothere231 Member

I use a Mac, but it depends what you want in your computer. There's no better OS. It just depends. Both are excellent, though.

11. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

I've had no problems with it. And I do a fair bit of complex stuff with Excel.

It's not really a reason. But see, I got the MacBook Pro as a present. And I like Macs so I just use it for the stuff that it can handle easy. And honestly, I love the design of the MacBook Pro. :)

As I said, I got it as a present so it's not really costing anything.
    And I do use a lot of Mac only programs. But those are really programs like Windows ones. Transmission, KeePassX among others.