1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Mac vs Pc(windows)

Discussion in 'Debates' started by doommaker, Jul 28, 2012.

?

the question is pretty strait foward. Which do you think is the best?

1. Mac

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Pc(Windows)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

Guys, nex is right. Macs are better simply because their OS' are named after some sexy ass cats. Also their computers are easier to use because the default mouse only has one mouse button so I don't get confused.

2. Nitemare_ Plague

Nitemare_ Plague Well-Known Member

I've used both and I gotta say PC is better.

Same as a PC, just use Ctrl+C to copy and Ctrl+V to paste. Though I forget what they named their button. Isn't Ctrl called Command on a Mac or something like that? Whatever the name, the button is at least in the same place. Easy.

3. thricee

thricee Well-Known Member

i ve gotta change language with cmd+spacebar. MAC rules cause it attracts all the hot girls at work.

yet i am using pc at home. seems legit

4. Void

Void Well-Known Member

>buying an OS period
    >buying an OS that can't do everything my OS can do while my OS can do everything yours can do
    Oh God don't make me cry from laughter

To you and I, maybe not. But it is most definitely the way of the world. At the risk of sounding like a radical hippy, Naomi Klein's "No Logo" covers the history of brand image pretty well and it's an interesting book. Apple, and many other companies like Nike, Budweiser, etc., are pretty good examples of major players in this market.

Brand loyalty is a scary and cultish thing.

5. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

something that apple is one of best examples of.

6. nex26

nex26 Well-Known Member

deal with it

Have you seen Logorama? You might like it.

7. esnym

esnym Member

I used to be a mac fangirl. Then i grew up and realized that i cant run half the software i want to because its not freaking compatible. However, mac has always been my choice in terms of security, OS comfort, and speed (mostly becuse I've never owned a PC that lasted more than a year on 100% speed and reliability, while my iMac I've owned for 3 years and it still runs like new.)

But I hate bootcamp and parallels, so I highly prefer pc for running games, software etc.

8. BornToTease

BornToTease Member

Gotta say I like the pc more. All the things I can do and the freeware. Macs are good if your old and you just browse on safari and watch videos

9. nex26

nex26 Well-Known Member

so i have further proof;
    so this guy gets a new laptop windows and instantly changes the theme to apples. why? becauese mac is superior

10. darkrequiem

darkrequiem Well-Known Member

dat uNstappable logik!

11. Lephantome92

Lephantome92 Well-Known Member

to quote my physics teacher during class one day: "See? There's your problem. Those two words don't go together- 'Apple' and 'computer'."

12. nex26

nex26 Well-Known Member

See? There's your problem. Yet another example of the ineptitude and prejudice of Windows users.

Maybe if American physics teachers spent more time teaching physics rather than forcing their own subjective views into the minds of their impressionable students your country wouldn't be the creationist bible toting, racist, woman hating and classist mess that it is.

13. Littlekill

Littlekill Well-Known Member

Shut up faggot

To stay on topic, people would argue that Mac's are better for work or graphics work or whatever, what a load of complete shit. Not only can a Windows PC do EVERYTHING a Mac does, it does it better, with better hardware and its substantially cheaper.

Mac's are nothing but status symbols that show you have money to waste and are a complete tool.

14. Rayder

Rayder Well-Known Member

I prefer PC's(Windows).

I've always considered Macs as more for productivity than for entertainment, though it can do entertainment too. Whereas a PC is more for entertainment, but can do the productivity stuff too.

My priorities are more in-line with PC's.

15. soul-assassin

soul-assassin Member

Mac every time. Colleges, University's, businesses, all use Macs. Hmm, I wonder why?? If you want to play games get an Xbox/Ps3, simples! :eek:

16. gaynorvader

gaynorvader Well-Known Member

They also use Windows PCs. In fact many companies have no Macs at all. And most who do only have maybe 1% Macs. Why should I spend the difference between the price of a PC and Mac again just so I can play games? What if I prefer games on the PC or want to play games that have only been released for PC? Even colleges and universities I've been in have more Windows machines than Macs.

17. darkrequiem

darkrequiem Well-Known Member

The words (and font choice) of a true genius.

18. Hypr

Hypr Well-Known Member

The university I attended used mostly PCs. The only department in my university that used Macs was the Arts department.

The companies I've worked for so far have all used PCs.

So, no, your generalization is absolutely false. Both PCs and Macs each hold a certain share in the market.

19. Void

Void Well-Known Member

You are going out of your way to use comic sans.

As Hypr said every business I have seen has used Windows. My school is mostly Windows, except a couple art labs, but we have a lot of technology-related majors that need to use computers for real things... But every graphic design kid has a Mac, it's this crazy phenomenon where an entire demographic of people blindly accept a social and financial burden out of unquestioned obedience to a totally outdated fallacy from decades and technology past.

Man fuck Apple.

20. nate98360

nate98360 Member

I like windows. Its more user friendly, has more apps made for it, and its easier to get a virus out of a windows computer.