1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Mac vs Pc(windows)

Discussion in 'Debates' started by doommaker, Jul 28, 2012.

?

the question is pretty strait foward. Which do you think is the best?

1. Mac

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Pc(Windows)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Niflheim

Niflheim Horrible evil rat

Hahaha, what?

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Actually windows OSes are named after cities

3. nex26

nex26 Well-Known Member

what else names stuff seven? david beckham
    what else has mountain lions? elder scrolls series

microsoft operate on the same level of intellect as david beckham which clearly makes them inferior to apple. it's pretty obvious...

could you please direct me to the cities of xp, vista and 7? thank you

4. Loonylion

Easily:

XP: https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=Whistler,+BC,+Canada&hl=en&sll=52.8382,-2.327815&sspn=10.26744,33.815918&oq=whistler&t=h&hnear=Whistler,+Squamish-Lillooet+Regional+District,+British+Columbia,+Canada&z=12

vista: https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=Longhorn,+TX,+United+States&hl=en&sll=50.11632,-122.957356&sspn=0.170175,0.528374&oq=longhorn&t=h&hnear=Longhorn,+Texas,+United+States&z=15

7: https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=Blackcomb,+BC,+Canada&hl=en&sll=29.53083,-98.40194&sspn=0.028864,0.066047&t=h&hnear=Blackcomb,+Whistler,+Squamish-Lillooet+Regional+District,+British+Columbia,+Canada&z=15

5. nex26

nex26 Well-Known Member

pretty big difference between a codename used in development and the offical name don't you think

6. Loonylion

not really.

7. reekon_retro

reekon_retro Well-Known Member

Names of OSs don't really matter as long as it gets the job done. You can either choose a computer with an awesome OS name but bad performance or one with a lame OS name but with good good overall performance. I'd settle for the lame named OS pc anyday.
    (btw If Windows released a new OS named Sabretooth that would be epic... hahahaah!).

8. gaynorvader

gaynorvader Well-Known Member

Royalty (King Henry VII)
    Suda51 (Killer 7)
    Kabushiki Kaisha Bonzu (Eureka 7)
    Kabushiki Gaisha Gonzo (Samurai 7)
    Mazda (RX-7)
    Audi (S7)
    Tifa Lockheart (7th Heaven)
    Charles Leiper Grigg (7up)
    I could go on...

[quote author=Voight-Kampff]
    what else has mountain lions?
    [/quote]
    Some of the Elder Scroll Series
    The continents of North and South America...
    that's about it.

(I also have no idea what Beckham has to do with 7)
    Also names have almost nothing to do with how good the product is anyway, only fools would think that it would.

9. viccie211

viccie211 Well-Known Member

PCs are much more versatile than Macs. And for the same price you buy a Mac you have a much more powerfull pc

10. johnyy

johnyy Member

windows rule... its just awesome ... mac's good but windows is windows

11. doommaker

doommaker Guest

well looks like mac sucks according to this forum lol

oh and johnyy you should probably make an introduction http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?board=68.0 its not required but it is recommended ;)

p.s sick avi bro :D

12. johnyy

johnyy Member

okk thanks for the recommendation... :)
    Post Merge: [time]1344074254[/time]

Post Merge: [time]1344074519[/time]
    yup its a little complicated

13. athemoe

athemoe Well-Known Member

This was actually a smart move of Microsoft.
    A lot of computers had only Windows on it, so people get used to it and only want to buy a windows PC.

Also, Windows 8 is a big joke.

14. nex26

nex26 Well-Known Member

it is though; xp isn't called whistler, it's called xp. vista isn't called longhorn, it's called vista. 7 isn't called blackcomb, it's called 7.

blah blah name isn't everything but if windows had a better name that would be epic. you sir, are a hypocrite

it's all about the brand image, the name of the product is an important part of that.

15. reekon_retro

reekon_retro Well-Known Member

Pun intended.
    Windows will continue to outsell Apple because Macs are overpriced crap with limited performance and inbuilt restrictions on their products. That' my opinion so to every one his own.

16. gaynorvader

Only if you're a moron. I don't care how good my "brand image" is I want my damned computer to work with the software I give it and not cost the Moon. End of.

17. nex26

nex26 Well-Known Member

what pun? how am i meant to take anything you say seriously when you don't understand what a pun is.
    no, no, no. hype and image is everything, which is why shitty products continue to sell. beats headphones, call of duty, avatar are all sucky but they all have large sales figures.
    windows will continue to outsell apple because they, windows, whore their crap to any pc manufacturer with two dollars.
    your opinion is subjective, mine is fact.

cost, again, is subjective, apple products may cost the moon for you but they merely cost a rock for me. it's not apple's fault you can't scape together the money to buy the superior product, so stop making excuses for your own failings.

18. gaynorvader

No opinion is fact, you need to go back to school.
    [quote author=Voight-Kampff]
    cost, again, is subjective, apple products may cost the moon for you but they merely cost a rock for me. it's not apple's fault you can't scape together the money to buy the superior product, so stop making excuses for your own failings.
    [/quote]
    Cost isn't subjective, it costs what is costs. However if you want to waste your money on a crappy product so that you can feel superior to other people, that's your business, I'll stick to spending the same as you and knowing I have a superior piece of hardware thanks.
    You still have presented no reason as to why Macs are superior, the closest you got was saying that their marketing department said they were. Which is the rough equivalent of saying "I am cool, my Mom says so!".

19. nex26

nex26 Well-Known Member

it's well known that my opinion is indisputable

No, you're thinking of the price; price =/= cost. I suppose it would be bad form to expect someone that thinks windows is superior to apple to have a grasp of basic economic etymology, but I digress. Haha good joke, like I need a product to be superior to other people, you're a funny guy. Once again you seem unable to grasp basic principles, the question was Mac v Microsoft (Windows) which means we're discussing software of both companies not hardware. I also find it highly unlikely that your "superior hardware" was manufactured by windows so you're pissing into the wind here.

Yet you've not presented any reasons as to why windows is superior, the closest you got was crying about the price.

I am cool, my Mom says so!

20. gaynorvader

Apple products use dedicated hardware, so while they don't manufacture it, it is inherently part of their product.

Fine, let's talk about software and ignore price for the moment. Apple's software only works on certain hardware, Windows works with anything you'd like to buy. Apple's software is compatible with little to no software. There's almost nothing you can't run on Windows. Now please stop the ad hominem attacks and actually present a reason why you hold the view that anything Apple makes is the best product on the market.