1. This forum is in read-only mode.

mac vs pc vs LINUX?!?!?!?!?!?

Discussion in 'Debates' started by lugia543, Jun 13, 2010.

?

well?

1. Mac OS

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Windows

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Linux

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. MR4Y

MR4Y Well-Known Member

Actually I didn't updated it correctly and grub screwed it up by not updating correctly. I gave up then, XD
    I liked it a lot because is one of the major distros that doesn't come with Pulseaudio as standard.

2. ChristMonkey95

ChristMonkey95 Well-Known Member

I have to say Windows because that is THE OS. If people were smarter, we'd be surrounded by mac, but noooo.... And iPhones wouldn't use AT&T....

3. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

macos is designed for idiots. So people would need to be stupider for everyone to need a mac.

4. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Oh yeah.
    I ditched MacOS on my Acer for Linux. :p

I still prefer Linux over all of them, but I wish there was more for Linux. :(

5. MR4Y

MR4Y Well-Known Member

That pretty much explains why the iPhone is so popular these days.

As for Macs, they're basically overpirced "museum pcs". You pay more money for components 2 years older, when you can pay less for a cutting edge pc.

6. ultra

ultra Guest

windows because it's the best platform operating system that's there!

linux can take over windows now since windows xp is the global standard for creating modern os. vista and windows 7 is an operating system that isn't necessary to use. someone just using the pc for internet surfing is more then adequate enough with a windows xp operating system. this is why google made their own os, which allowed people to have a pc that can be used only for surfing the web. this is where linux can come in and make such an operating system. then you have pc games that don't really use higher dx like that of dx10 and dx11 and more games are in support with dx9. if linux is able to duplicate dx 9, then it'll work [gain users]. but they can't because it's a broken community and that is in the favor of microsoft. this is why linux will never be taken seriously other then an operating system for hobbyist.

7. Loonylion

Actually linux is taken VERY seriously, its used by the vast majority of internet servers. windows is a very poor platform in most respects.

8. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

i tried linux once, but i prefer to do things with a GUI....i know, i'm boring, but it takes a lot less thinking....

9. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Linux does have a GUI...Mepis has nothing BUT a GUI. It's for beginners.

I am using ArchBang on my Netbook. It's half and half. Arch is a great learning tool for Linux, or says my Arch teacher. :p

10. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

well...i mean for like installing programs.....it tried to install WINE, and i had to do all sorts of crazy shit.....

11. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

When I installed wine, all I did was install 2 packs and BAM! It worked, but the Mepis people didn't keep the Debian package up to date, so I just didn't bother with it. :p

12. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

i remember for UBUNTU, i had to set up some sort of update downloading, and look through a list of things, find the right one, and tell it to download, and install....

13. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Yep. That's what you have to do an a majority of KDE based systems....I loathe KDE...T_T...

14. Loonylion

last time I saw ubuntu is was gnome not KDE.

15. allkratos

allkratos Well-Known Member

Windows and be shit sometime but when it works, it rapes everything.
    And Natalie you avatar is tempting.

16. ultra

ultra Guest

what loony said.

what another member have said.

17. Born2killx

Born2killx Well-Known Member

Code:
    sudo apt-get install wine
    'Nuff said.

18. Loonylion

compiling from source really isnt hard either, just time consuming.

19. MR4Y

MR4Y Well-Known Member

Specially when you have to compile everything. Pretty much like Gentoo.

20. Xynche

Xynche Well-Known Member

Mac is the better OS considering it's lack of bugs and viruses + they always look nice and almost always function properly

Windows has the best price and you can upgrade and do all kinds of whatever with it

Linux... Idk