1. This forum is in read-only mode.

LOZ-Ocrania of time how to get this ?

Discussion in 'Game Help' started by Neon32, Feb 16, 2013.

1. Neon32

Neon32 Neo-Noir

this is in Lon-lon ranch

how do i get this thing i tried jumping, slashing and more but no luck on reaching it .
    any good ideas ?

[​IMG]

2. Duncan Idaho

Duncan Idaho Well-Known Member

you need to bear the third Dungeon, Lord Jabu Jabu Belly, the treasure you get from there is the boomerang that will allow you to get that and several other spiders

3. Neon32

Neon32 Neo-Noir

thanks then you would also know how to defeat a helicopter like thing which we find just after coming out of our forest ?

4. Duncan Idaho

Thats a Peahat, they are tricky, they have this bulb thing that sticks like a sore thumb, they idea is to hit it, your best bet is to lure the peahat onto inclining onto one side and side jump and start slashing, i recomend Z targeting it so you have an easier time raising the shield.

keep posting your doubts as i will try to help you, BTW i recomend you to fetch from Gamefaqs a hear piece guide, there are a good number of heart pieces you can get as a kid (sufficient to leave the kid era with one full heart line and one heart below the first line)

5. Admiral_Lindsay

Admiral_Lindsay Well-Known Member

Boomerang for everything!

6. Neon32

Neon32 Neo-Noir

i'll post if it gets tricky but got very little time for playing as my final exams are going on.

and about the Heart containers i have already got some of the hidden ones but there is one at the windmill in Kakariko village hot to get it (i guess it boomerang)?

from where do we catch some bugs ?

7. Duncan Idaho

Umm the heart needs to be obtained later, much, much later since the boomerang cant recover heart pieces, as for bugs lift a rock and they should be underneath it, cap a bottle, relase them and cap them again and cap a second bottle inmediatly, this is a bug duplication trick, use them on the places where you plant soil beans, 99.9% of these holes have golden skulltulas.

8. Neon32

Neon32 Neo-Noir

thanks

9. Duncan Idaho

also if you want easy cash, get three bug bottles, go to hyrule castle town, go to the beggar kid that buys bugs show to him a bug bottle, he will give you 50 rupees, on the hyrule castle gates climb the chains and try to jump to the other chain, you will get a nice amount of rupees, do the same for the opposite chain (the one you were aiming to jump to)

10. Neon32

Neon32 Neo-Noir

did you mean these big rocks or the ones which we can lift .
    if it is the rock which we can lift then i didnt find a single bug any where. where are these rocks ?

PS
    searched a lot got one , but can we place only one bug in the bottle ?
    im not able to catch any more .

11. Duncan Idaho

Usually the fastest way is to go a grotto and check if there are bugs ther,e also the bug duplication trick needs to be done fast, for that i assing always the three C buttons a bottle to quickly get them full of bugs.

And yes it's one bug per bottle.

Keep getting golden skulltulas from dungeons and such, if you gather enough you can get the huge wallet as a kid, which allows you to carry up to 500 rupees, then you can start the happy mask sidequest which gets you a mask that allows you talk to gossip stones.

This whole ordeal is worth it until you have 80 skulltulas, also i meant small rocks, also lift the plants outside kakariko's graveyard

12. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

I would recommend doing ALL of the Happy Mask questline before going to the Temple of Time. There's a small window of opportunity to get a second upgrade of Deku Sticks (or maybe it was Deku Nuts...) using the Mask of Truth in the Lost Woods. It is gone forever once you warp 7 years. The same can be done with the Skull Mask after completing the entire quest chain. If you want both the Deku Nut and Deku Stick secondary upgrades, then I'd recommend doing this before progressing in the story.

http://www.zeldadungeon.net/Zelda05-ocarina-of-time-upgrades.php

Also, it's near impossible, if not impossible to get 30 skultullas without becoming an adult, so the whole "do the mask quest after you get the 500 rupee bag" is pointless if you want those two upgrades I just mentioned. 500 rupees isn't THAT hard to get anyway...

13. Duncan Idaho

It's not impossible, and the runner man gives you 500 rupees :p minus what you pay to the salesman, now onto how to get them, usually i pick all skulltulas of all dugeons sans Dodongo's cavern, there are plenty spots around hyrule to get a few extra's, not to mention there are three avaible skulltulas en route to gerudo's valley and a piece of heart, there are about three more you can get in lake hylia, in hyrule field there are a few that you can get from the hidden grotto's all around hyrule, if you take onto account those + the ones hidden on soil around Death mountain, and so on 30 isnt a crazy number (in fact i have reached it with ease same as my uncle).

There are also about three spiders in lost woods, two that are avaible to you rigth now, one is behind where you sell the skull mask tot he skull kid, the other is en route to get the upgrades, take care of the seller scrubs and go onto the soil near one of them and plant a bug there, there is a second however, that one cannot be obtained until your visit as adult link since you need the now grown plant to acess it.

As a side note i cant remember with how many skulltulas we end with but i think 35 is our usual number.

So to recap:

3 on Lake Hylia, one behind the scientist house, you need the boomerang for that one, a second one is outside too of the scientist house, you need the use of beetles for this one, this one is tricky, go the large tree and swim from it to the small swaute island, behind one of the pillars there is a skulltula.

*there are other three on lake hylia but cannot be obtained until you are an adult*

2 on Gerudo's Valley: the first one is near the small wood bridge, use the slingshot to kill it then grab the token with the boomerang, this other is tricky, see where the chicken is? try to search for a wooden box, go there using the chicken as a means of transportation, now grab the chicken again and go towards the wall on your rigth side you should drop inside the waterfall for a piece of heart, now let the river take you down until you see a gerudo and a cow, climb there and voila use bugs to get an other skulltula.

? on Hyrule field, there are a good number of them on hyrule field i cant remember all of them but i recall one near gerudo valley, near where you kill a pea hat there is a spot where there is a big rock and a bunch of small ones, use a bomb to clear the rock and then go down, use dins fire to clear the cowebs and then use the slingshot to kill the skulltulas and the boomerang to recover the token.

3 on death mountain, well near where you start death mountain from Kakariko Village, there is one hidden on a bombable wall (it looks like a piece of cloth), an other is just outside dodongo's cavern, from there move onto the place where you got the spin attack and magic bar, go inside the volcano, remove the wooden box there, it's close to the entrance, kill it and get the token.

3 or 4 on kokiri forest, i cant recall if you can get one in particular as a kid, use sun songs to make day onto nigth, the male twins house has a golden skulltula off it, go near the shop and you should see some soil, use the bugs to dig it up.

2 that you can get right away on Lost woods, i mentioned them before but here i repat myself, take the left exit from where you sell the skull kid a skull mask use bugs there on the soil to remove the golden skulltula, where the seller scrubs are there is an other soft soil spot, use the bugs to remove it.

2 on Zora's Domain has one outside near the waterfall on a ladder , i mix an other one, from the hyrule field entrance go up, use the chicken to jump the river and you should see something like two peaks where the river flows, go up to the route you would take to the waterfall, however stop and see again those two peaks, use the chicken and move to slowly to the rigth side, you should fall on the internal side of the peak, use the ladder to climb and check if on the opposite wall from where you climbed there is an skulltula.

4 on kakariko village, one in the incomplete building brick, near where you go to death mountain there is a house, behind it near where the jars are there is an other, there is a third one on the ladder that goes all the way up to the viewing spot, the last one is tricky, go up to death mountain and again from where i told you on the spot that you got the spin attack and magic bar talk with the owl and he will drop you on the roof of a red house, behind you there should be an other golden skulltula, before you climb down go to the left and check for a small plattaform, drop on it, enter the house fromt he small hole, you will get the piece of heart that is behind the cow.

Two on Kakariko's Graveyard: one is on soft soil, the other one you need the boomerang it on the wall near the second row of graves, from bottom to top.

On the zone jabu jabu Belly there are several, howeve two can be obtained as a kid, the first one is on the wall opposite where you landed after beating that dungeon, where ruto gives you the zora sapphire, climb that branch and boomerang it to death and recover the token, the other is on the isolated land mass behind jabu jabu, roll to the tree and it should drop down, btw use a bomb behind the tree on the wall that has a silver/grey rock blow the wall and enter, you will get Farore's wind.

Total spider count: 24 spiders.

+whatever amount he got from Deku Tree, Dodongo's Cavern and Jabu Jabu's belly

14. Neon32

Neon32 Neo-Noir

guys as you all said i got 14 spiders and got the adults wallet.

i got a fish is there any use of it ?

and where do we get a heart when the graveyard man digs ?

15. Duncan Idaho

Well the use is for entering jabu's jabu's Belly once outside that they are worthless, the Piece of heart of dampe needs patience, it's placed at random somewhere in the graveyard, you need to keep digging until it shows up.

Given that you are onto collecting now heart pieces, did you collect the fishing one?

16. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

I usually find Dampe's Piece of Heart towards the end of his digging route (assuming you start on the lower left side). Or you can just blow 100 rupees and have him dig in each spot. You need to have him precisely on the dirt patch or else it will come up empty. You should get at least 1 rupee per dig.

If I remember correctly, the piece of heart is buried in one of the two adjacent patches on the right side of the graveyard near the skulltulla on the wall.

There's also another piece of heart right by there in one of the graves on the right side of the map.

17. Neon32

Neon32 Neo-Noir

i got the one from inside a grave .

but what is fishing one ?

18. Duncan Idaho

head to lake hylia and go all the way to where the scarerrows are, go a little more to the front and you will see a small island with a wooden door, go in, talk with the guy and he will rent you a fishing pole, the objective is to fish the biggest fish there is on the lake, do so and he will reward you with a piece of heart, you can visit him again as an Adult, do the same fishing game for a golden scale

19. Neon32

Neon32 Neo-Noir

guys i just got some time to play this so i defeated the King Dodongo , so am i any where near boomerang ?

20. Duncan Idaho

More or less, Your next aim is Zora domain, but before that, make sure you have an hylian shield (go to kakriko's graveyard, there is a grave with a hole there kill the re-dead playing the sung song for an easier time, you will have an easier time with it since it will be frozen and you can kill it.

Now with bomb and shield in hand before you take the rigth path that leads to goron city there is a left path with a small structure, use bombs to remove the rocks, time a bomb to blow up a third rock and you can start the climbing of death mountain, equip the hylian shield, now whenever you see the shadows of rocks press the shield button, keep doin tis until, you reach a climbable wall, reach the top and use a bomb on the left cloth thing, play the zelda's lubally you will be getting the magic bar, go to Hyrule Market and to the earlier part of hyrule castle, go over the door and see that rock? blow it, enter, zelda's lubally you will get Din's fire.

Now backtrack to hyrule market, there is a nice bonus there, go near where is the beggar, there is a door to it's left, enter it, youa re bombchu mini game, it's a hellish game but iirc it has both bomb upgrades+a piece of heart.

Now assuming you have both slingshot upgrades go to hyrule field, head to kakariko village but do not enter, go to your rigth (assuming you are facing the stairs) and you will see a small river, go upwards and you are in zora's river territory