1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Low Spec PC Games???

Discussion in 'PC' started by someirishkid, Aug 31, 2009.

1. tvrtko

tvrtko Well-Known Member

Battle for Wesnoth is an great fantasy tbs, and it's free. If you like it, be sure to get ageless era, an addon which gives you 40+ new races in multiplayer \ skirmish .

2. MadmanNero

MadmanNero Well-Known Member

Disciples II is one of my favorite RTS on PC

I seen Dungeon Siege 2 was mentioned, but the first one is good too.

Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 1 and 2 are good, but I really hope you have better luck than I did trying to get them install and work I worked on them for hours and gave up. I finally got both of them for the xbox just so I could play them.

3. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

Try Warcraft too.. :)

4. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Well-Known Member

RPGs? It's your lucky day.

Baldur's Gate 1 and 2 with expansions are simply amazing. Look into Knights of the Old Republic 1 and 2 as well - they actually have fairly low requirements in low spec modes. The original Neverwinter Nights has a strong modding community as well as being a great solid game.

Jedi Academy (and Jedi Oucast) are really cool games. Master of Orion 3 is a really challenging RTS. Prince of Persia: Sands of Time can be run on a lot of mid to low spec computers. Dawn of War and its expansions are pretty good RTSes that I've had a lot of fun with.

Oh, and N. N is amazing.

5. someirishkid

someirishkid Well-Known Member

I looked for KOTOR online, but it was incredibly expensive! By the way, future posters, please don't recommmend anything expensive ;) and keep in mind it's very bad graphics card. Thanks all the ppl above this post for posting, ur rly helpful. But I WANT MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORE!!!!!!

...please?

6. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

Please don't use any SMS words. ^ :)

By the way,
    Do you like sports games?

7. diskjocki

diskjocki Well-Known Member

Then download a torrent of it...

8. SoulSin

SoulSin Well-Known Member

Tibia

Stay away from it.

Btw. Talking about low specs.... define low specs >_>?

9. Rysio

Rysio Well-Known Member

Stay far, FAR away from Tibia...

10. someirishkid

See my first post for details

11. someirishkid

OK thanks evryone, but I think it's time to close this one up. :'(

By the way, I bought Unreal Anthology. BEST GAME EVER!!!! It runs perfectly on my (usually bad with games) laptop, and it has: Unreal, Unreal Tournament, Unreal 2 and UT:2004. Anyone looking at this thread should definetly check it out. ;)

PS, it was cheap ;D

12. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

Tron 2.0

13. xmasterchefx

xmasterchefx Well-Known Member

Command and Conquer Generals for PC is a game from 2003 and isn't a very demanding game in terms of specs. It's a modern warfare version of the classic RTS series and is really good, in my opinion. You should check that one out.

Also, if online shooting is your thing, try Battlefield Heroes or Combat Arms, both aren't very needy of specs.

14. Rysio

Rysio Well-Known Member

Quake Live - it will run on almost everything, and is hella fun :)

15. someirishkid

Hmmmmmm......How much is Quake?

16. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

quake live is free, its a browser game. If you mean original quake, then theres a version called equake you can try (original quake won't run on modern computers.

17. someirishkid

wow, is the original THAT old?! Right, I might have a look at Quake Live.
    Actually, browser games might be good! Let's get some suggestions for browser games now.

18. Rysio

Rysio Well-Known Member

Battlefield Heroes and Quake Live are the best browser games I know.
    Quake is absolutely free, in Battlefield Heroes you can buy XP boosts an special clothing for real cash, but you don't have to.
    Also, Ubisoft is working on Heroes of Might and Magic Kingdoms, which will be browser based too.

19. someirishkid

What's Battlefield Heroes like? Is it a shitty side-scroller flash game, or is it like really good 3d fun? Also, is it free? :p I love free stuff

20. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

Third person shooter with some MMORPG type leveling and abilities. It's fun, needs more levels though.