1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Losing the will to play ...

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by MindFever, Mar 18, 2010.

1. _luigi_

_luigi_ Well-Known Member

i only have the problem if a dowload the game some years ago when i buy games never had that problem becouse i spend money for that XD

2. kyrodon

kyrodon Guest

I know I'm annoying and not a mod, but please remove swearing.

3. athemoe

athemoe Well-Known Member

When you keep losing.... grrr
    Or if you get stuck :s

4. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

i get the same problem, dunno how many roms i have but its definately over 1000.
    my theory is, its because were spoilt.
    games are now free and download in minutes, its not like the old days where you could only afford 1 game a month at full price, you had to play that because you couldnt just change.

Post Merge: [time]1270397511[/time]
    i just right clicked my games folder and in properties it said 61,644 Files
    havent played 1% of them

5. crimson089

crimson089 Well-Known Member

i'm losing the will to play on DS too...

my ds has finally come to its worst. the crack hinge has died and the top & touch screen is separating apart. and to add more things to upset me, i've been playing Soul Silver for 30 hours and suddenly my 8gb micro sd got corrupted including all the save files. my last back up was last month. i tried to return it to kingston for their so-called 'lifetime warranty' but lamco int'l has zero response to my emails. i was very unlucky these days like i don't feel like playing any ds games right now :(

sorry for the OT >_<

6. MindFever

MindFever Well-Known Member

dont worry... it is understandable
    Post Merge: [time]1270438644[/time]
    exactly! these were my first experiences...this is why it can ruin your enjoyement if you are new to this. If you already have a discipline because you were already a DS gamer,then i would give some more leeway regarding this.but if you have just begun playing, i suggest they do what you suggested ,OR what i suggested combined with what you said.
    No science in this at all,we are just sayin... ;) (for those who like to belittle all comentators...thankfuly, in this thread there are none :) )

7. rell

rell Well-Known Member

I cant believe this thread isn't dead yet...crazy. To sum up the issue, buy your games instead of downloading them and you may have a better chance at wanting complet them.

8. m3xicanjo3

m3xicanjo3 Well-Known Member

the title of this subject reminds me of a good song "my favorite game" by the cardigans off the subject a little but not really at all. listen to it, you will know what i mean.

9. gadifer

gadifer Well-Known Member

so many games, so little time in a life time to play them all. hehehe

Think of games as a stress reliever instead of being tasks(games) that need to be finished.

10. tarotmaniac

tarotmaniac Well-Known Member

ive felt this way before and maybe even now. I did what you also suggested before but maybe for me now its just that I've finished all the games i wanted to play and there seems to be no new games recently which is causing my slump.

11. MindFever

MindFever Well-Known Member

Interesting reading all of your replies,thanks people.

Btw, what game gave you the complete satisfaction while playing it till the end? Any game recently? you know,kind of like "AH YES,this was a good game" ... like eating a very good meal - you are full of it,but you feel so content with the experience and you have that good feeling. A game that even though it had some points that were hard or even annoying,you enjoyed the experience through-and-through. So,what game(s) was it for you that did the trick?
    Am i going too far now? :D

Cheers - all replies are appreciated

12. gadifer

gadifer Well-Known Member

^Attorney series comes to mind. Especially on long travels, it feels like reading a good book instead of playing a game. Even if you have all attorney series in your flash carts, its best to play from first to last.

Also the best underrated game for the DS > Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan <try getting and finishing the female cheerleader.

13. tarotmaniac

tarotmaniac Well-Known Member

For The DS I would say The Layton Series was very fulfilling once you finish it:D
    On a side note:D
    Final Fantasy X and X-2. and my all time fave Psychonauts.

14. johnx

johnx Well-Known Member

Also recommend this series.

Also try Shin Megami Tensei
    Final Fantasy

These games will get you hooked in.

15. Nevon

Nevon Well-Known Member

Happens to me all the time. I thought it was just an age thing, as I have found myself enjoying games less and less over the past few years. These days I rarely if ever play games for more than an hour a week or so. Actually, that's a lie. Whenever I do decide to play something, I generally play it for like 8 hours straight - but then I don't touch it for a couple of weeks.

I'm still at around 70-80% finished with LoZ: Spirit Tracks. The freaking tower was just so boring that I didn't want to play anymore.

These days I have come to enjoy designing and making games a lot more than actually playing them. Of course I play test my own games, but I no longer have the will to play through a jRPG like in the "old days". ;)

16. xelados

xelados Well-Known Member

The last game I played through and thoroughly enjoyed was Zelda: Spirit Tracks.

Due to owning a lot of games and having beaten most of them, I try to devise new ways to play through my games so they last longer. For instance, going through Zelda with only 3 hearts is a great way to breathe more life into the game. You also get bragging rights. :D

I think the effects that flashcarts have on people is interesting. They're similar to computers in that they encourage hoarding behavior. Where does the hoarding behavior stem from though? Is it latent, or learned? If it's a latent trait, then how do you explain people who do not have collector compulsion?

17. karatekid4

karatekid4 Member

The temptation to play my gta 4 is just too overwhelming. everytime.. i turn on my ds i turn it off so i can sit down and play ps3 instead.

As for the flashcart issue... i always psyche myself up to play chinatown wars. and then when i reach the game "figurine" on the R4 menu i either turn the system off and play its bigger cousin or switch to another ds game. An expansive library of games will do this to people. It will also make gaming very boring for you as you will never be able to just concentrate on a singular game. There used to be a time when i would put 300 hrs on every pokemon game(finishing story mode in the first 20 hrs), back in the day when i didnt care for flashcarts. Now i play pokemon... take a whole week to finish the story part... and realise i dont really wanna catch more pokemon coz i really wanna see what happens at the end of kingdom hearts or oooo a new Final fantasy is out... shit shit must play.

20 days later you come back to pokemon and the cycle repeats itself. Goodbye good ol gaming. Hello compulsive gaming.

18. will1008

will1008 Well-Known Member

I have Infinite Space but I am only in the beginning when you buy your first ship. I wanted to play it but I felt like:
    "Oh F this, I don't wanna play because I know that it may hang and I have to start over blah blah efn blah"

When I finished the Sims 2 DS I was like:
    <EXHALES LOUDLY> Finally! After a long time of finding skill points, it's done. the whole crap is done.

19. rell

rell Well-Known Member

I did the same thing with both my sapphire and Dimond copies off pokemon. 4000 hours each, but heart gold( rom) only got 14 hours outta me.

20. karatekid4

karatekid4 Member

Its a pity too.. i just got a whole new set of games to play on my ds... funny thing is i didnt learn a thing from my mistakes. i am still switching between games. hmm.. must concentrate on one game.. must hit delete. the pressure is hig-- *switches game to Tony Hawk*