1. This forum is in read-only mode.

load rom errcode=-4

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by heatfire26, Oct 9, 2010.

1. Dharmesh

Dharmesh Well-Known Member

Your version of the files for Ysmenu is deleted or invalid.

Also when i load pkm black it takes forever!
    Post Merge: [time]1287236601[/time]
    Any ideas?

2. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

Sorry those files in mediafire was somehow removed by mediafire. I think someone reported it along with some other member's mediafire and megaupload files too. Mine didn't contain rom but was removed along with the other member's. The other members's file contain roms. I just don't understand why it was removed.

Just remember that my extinfo and infolib is editted to accomodate OfficialV1 up to V3 versions and Pokemon Ranger Guardian Signs USA. You need to also get into the YSMENU.NDS and TICK the 1st and 2nd box on the touch screen section. The Vividboy's YSMENU in my file below already contain the extinfo and infolib for the new pokemon game. But I've not yet time to edit it again to fill it with other new game's codes.

I'm not sure about why your pokemon black rom slow to upload. But using Vividboy's + my editted .DAT files, it should only take 3-4 seconds to load. But I'm playing the white Official V3 version, for the black version I only use it when I did the .DAT editting.

Or you can try use the latest WOOD/WAIO, that work too. I happen to combo my cart with 2 firmwares. So each time I play I tend to switch between the 2 firmwares. Some people says WOOD uses a save file named as .nds.sav while YSMENU uses .sav. Somehow I don't have such issue. I can switch between playing the PKM White on YSMENU or WOOD with only 1 save file. And I've no problem whatsoever.

The link : http://www.mediafire.com/?m5s0ntb0krl1mtb

The copy of Wood inside my file is v.1.13. The latest version is v.1.14 + _DS_MENU.DAT for wood r4 is v.1.1.4.2. You have to look it up in Coolkill3r's topic page.

3. Dharmesh

When i get wood it doesnt even have any writing so im using YSMenu, also im downloading the package now.

Post Merge: [time]1287255296[/time]
    Omg :( Prec it still takes forever to load help me!!!!

4. Dragoonzero

Dragoonzero Well-Known Member

So you use WAIO?If so,could you upload for download since I am failing to install it on my flash card(TTDS clone),it it isn't a hassle for you that is.

5. Prectorian

So you are implying that the game does load but take way too long waiting? If so,
    I think the problem could well lie in the SD Micro card you are using with the cartridge. It might have some processing issue. Most people would re-format their SD Micro with Panasonic SD formatter. But I've never use the Panasonic program. You might need to ask around about how to use that formatter. But just so you know most people uses SANDISK SD MICRO card as they say it got faster processing ability. I so happen to be using it too. If you do want to format it, you have to copy all the SD content into your PC so that after formatting it, you just need to drag it all back into your cart.

Another option to try is. You can use the 'enDScryptS.exe' that comes along with the package file you downloaded. Use it to do encrypt-decrypt the rom. You must use a decrypted rom to play on YSMENU. If you are using WIN Vista or 7, use it in ADMIN mode, if you are using MAC, use it in COMPATIBLE MODE. If that does not work, then it only means that the problem lie in the SD Micro Card you're using need to be reformat. It should take only few minutes to reformat it. As far as I recall, R4 carts uses FAT32 system not FAT16. Just keep that in mind. Ok.

** WOOD v.1.14 for R4DS Original:
    The link: http://filetrip.net/file.php?id=13270
    The Replacement file for Wood v.1.14: http://filetrip.net/g25123666-Wood-R4.html

To use the above. Download the link no.1. Then download link no.2 also.
    If you want to combo your YSMENU with WOOD R4, follow this method below:
    1. Insert the _DS_MENU.DAT from the 2nd link into the _rpg folder in link no.1
    2. Insert the WOOD R4.NDS into the _rpg folder too.
    3. Drag the _rpg folder into the cart. Do not use the _DS_MENU.DAT from the 1st link as its older.

Reason to do this is because YSMENU also have a _DS_MENU.DAT but the YSMENU's version cannot be place inside any folder. So to avoid conflict, the WOOD R4's _DS_MENU.DAT must go into the _rpg folder. That way you can have 2 firmware inside 1 R4 cartridge. Makes life easier because if the game does not load on YSMENU, it normally will load on WOOD.

To use it on PKM B/W:
    1. Open WOOD R4.NDS
    2. Highlight the PKM ROM
    3. Use your touch pen to click START at the touch screen
    4. Choose SETTING/OPTION
    5. Look for the RESET option and turn it OFF
    6. Look for the CHEAT option and turn it OFF
    7. SAVE
    8. Play
    Post Merge: [time]1287278539[/time]
    Sorry, I'm not using WAIO, I'm using WOOD R4. Cause my cart is R4DS original not a clone. You can find the WAIO in CoolKill3r's post somewhere in the TUTORIAL SECTION or FLASH CART SECTION not here (this forum page is name TECHNICAL SECTION). There is a new version for WAIO, I think it was V.1.16 or something. Not quite remember about it. I lost the direct link to Coolkill3r. Try searching. Good luck.

6. Dharmesh

Prec, when I said it took forever to load i meant it freezes while loading. Any ideas?

7. Prectorian

Oh...now I understand what you meant. Cause sorry to say, your previous words had me thinking it load but takes a lot of waiting.

What you need to do are the following. But before we go there .... keep in mind that if you are using WIN 7 or VISTA, do the steps in ADMIN MODE. if you use APPLE MAC then go into COMPATIBILITY MODE. If you use XP ignore the above.

Programs required:
    - eNDcryptS.exe ( you can find that in the package that you downloaded)
    - Rudolph V4 patch.exe ( its in the package too)

STEPS:
    1. make duplicate of the rom you have, then drag 1 copy into the eNDcryptS folder (the other copy is for back up just in case you have problem)
    2. double click the eNDcryptS.exe, it should show a black screen with some writting on it
    3. press " 1"
    4. you will see a writting saying 'encrypt > decrypt : 1 rom' or 'decrypt > encrypt: 1 rom'
    5. what you need to get is the 'encrypt > decrypt: 1 rom' , so if you get 'decrypt > encrypt: 1 rom' all you need to do is do step 3 again until you get the writting saying 'encrpyt > decrypt: 1 rom"
    6. Once you get step 5 done, place that rom into your cart.

In YSMENU.NDS mode, scroll to the PKM rom, you should see 2 or 3 boxes in the touch screen below the Pokemon Rom name:
    [V] DMA [V] RESET [] CHEAT

note: the CHEAT box only appear if you have a copy of the same PKM cheat database, otherwise you will only see the first 2 boxes. TICK [V] them both using your touch pen. See the example.

I assume you are now using the YSMENU from my package. It should run, otherwise there must be something wrong with your rom copy.

If you can run it, but do not get experience, look at the package again and use the RUDOLPH V4 Patch to patch the rom. To use it, just drag and drop the rom on top of the PATCH.EXE. You will see a .bak file appear, wait until a "PATCH DONE-Congratulation" box show up. Delete the .bak, and use the .nds only.

Remember that your rom file name should be the same as your save file name otherwise it will not load.
    Also just in case, I should remind you that to use the Official V3 xDelta patch, you must use a clean up-patched rom. Patch the clean rom with the Official V3 xDelta patcher, then patch it with the Rudolph V4 patcher. Do not use a pre-patched rom to patch with the xDelta. It will freeze if you do that. And remember to use the correct one. Say you are using PKM black rom, then patch it with black xDelta and Rudolph V4 black. Do not mix it.

--Secondary method, use only if the above method does not work---
    If the above method still does not work, then you should add a copy of the file in this link too...but do the above method before adding this. Download this: http://filetrip.net/f21888-Unofficial-Cheat-DB-1-07.html

Paste the usrcheat.dat somewhere or replace the exsisting version in your cart. Go back into YSMENU.nds, now you should see the " [] CHEAT [...] " option under your PKM rom icon. TICK it too and get into the usrcheat database by pressing the [...] using the touch pen, activate the AP and EXP code, save and exit, try to run it now.

--Third and final resort method---
    Replace the extinfo.dat, infolib.dat, savlib.dat and usrcheat.dat in the TTMENU folder with the one in this download link : http://filetrip.net/l21810-TTDS-EXT-INFO-SAV-6-32.html
    But you need to still do the first method no matter what cause the YSMENU.NDS will not run a rom that is in encrypted mode. You must always use the decrypted mode rom.

If those 3 still does not work, you need to ask someone else. Please read the method listed above carefully. Its not difficult to follow. Good luck!

8. Dharmesh

Trying 3rd method 1 and 2 didnt work.
    Post Merge: [time]1287326213[/time]
    Omg, All of them failed :( What am I doing wrong?

9. Prectorian

I think there is something you missed. Try asking in this forum page: http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=43121.0
    Maybe someone can help you there. Provide them as much detail as possible such as with the cart name and firmwares you are using. And what games you want to play. That way you get someone to quickly point out what to do. Sorry I can't be of any further help. Usually the above steps work, at least I've 10 persons asking me are able to get it to work with my method and over 200 persons had used my files with no problem. Good luck!

10. Dharmesh

WAIT! I just used to the wrong rom xd im trying again.
    Post Merge: [time]1287327620[/time]
    Omg, the loading problem is fixed but when its loaded i get a white screen :(

11. Prectorian

Ok...tell me if it work. If not, you can always go to the forum site I just linked. ^^

Edit: so.....how's your luck?

12. Dharmesh

Not very good :\

13. Prectorian

Oh! Its a pity. Well, in that case try asking in the forum that I link just now. Maybe you get better luck there. Or try using Wood.

14. Dharmesh

When I use wood I get no text,
    like when I go to a file it doesnt say next to it games
    Or, when i try to load it it doesnt even go to the process cause i dont know how.

15. Prectorian

That's kind of odd. If you want, go to that forum site as that guy who made the topic or PM a member name Jhon 591 (this one is a pro). You should see his name on 1 post in that topic forum. Just click PM under his username. Address him about your cart as detail as possible, that way it will help you to get better answer. Good luck!, Bye....Sorry I wasn't much of a help.

16. Dharmesh

Ok thanks

17. Prectorian

You're welcome.

18. Dharmesh

Can you give me the link to the latest extinfo.dat i think yours is broken or something thats what John said.

19. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

They is a leak by me - from Pong latest update

http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=43121.0

Get them files from the TTMenu folder - to re-place the one's in your ttmenu folder !

20. Prectorian

Jhon had responded to your question.

The link he gave is the same as my previous respond to you a couple of posts up.

Just download the latest from Pong and replace which ever content in there with the newer one.

I haven't made any changes to date to my cart's contents as yet, cause all the games I'm playing has no problem using the current version.