1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Let's have a new game of the week contest!

Discussion in 'PC' started by kamage, Apr 25, 2008.

1. kamage

kamage Well-Known Member

Okay, so basically, I ahven't been hearing much from the original thrad..by somebody else, but let's try a new game that everybody knows!

Runescape, a MMORPG made by JAGEX, it has a low quality 3d graphics, and will "Rune" smoothly on even the weakest of computers, no need to download, but the problem is the gameplay, it's bascally a click-click MMORPG, or a "Click-wait" RPG, I guess I'm doing this because I'm entirely bored, but I will be trying to host this if I get enough feed back in this topic, so....

Any takers?

2. Born2killx

Born2killx Well-Known Member

Oh, yes, RuneScape. I used to be a member... three years ago. I then canceled the membership, and now have an overfilled bank, and no non-member weapons. So if I am to go back to the game, then someone will have to give me a rune scimitar or something. I'll pay. ::) Level 75, 1253K gold. Heh. RuneScape was actually the first place I used the name Born2killx. I played so long ago that the opening music was the OLD old Scape Original. From before the huge refurbish. :p

3. kamage

kamage Well-Known Member

I haven't played for a LONG TIME since 2004? My game name was Kalibar400, and Kamage....It was the first place I used the name Kamage too :)

4. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Yeah I played it in 2005 or something, my mate thought it was cool and referred me to it, didn't like it that much. It was NOT the first place I used anandjones :p

5. Tboi

Tboi Well-Known Member

pff i think it was in 2004 or 2005 like you ananad, my name was 'wezelaar' and lvl 45 or something, i found the game to slow and quitted.

6. kamage

kamage Well-Known Member

How about we have an SC (Starcraft) Tournament :p

7. clyffe28

clyffe28 Well-Known Member

or a DotA (defence of the ancients) tournament

8. Born2killx

I have it and the expansion pack stuffed deep within the confines of my CD rack. In visible sight at all times. I suck at it. I can't get by without power overwhelming, black sheep wall, and show me the money. ::) And there is now cow level sometimes too.

9. rounds25

rounds25 Well-Known Member

I remember that game. I played it back in 04 for like a week. My name was like, megabit or something, cause i couldn't use megabitch. I had Starcraft for N64, And I'm quietly waiting for SC 2 ;)

10. kamage

kamage Well-Known Member

I want SC2 badly....I hope Blizzard surprises us with a new race they won't show in the updates...and Can anyone import it for me? I'll send money :) It won't come out as soon as the US in the Philippines... and it'll be expensive...

11. bhatooth

bhatooth Well-Known Member

ill be waiting for it the starcraft 1 i bought is only 90 pesos

12. kamage

kamage Well-Known Member

So are we agreeing We'll have some sort of Starcraft tourney?

13. gryphoondawn

gryphoondawn Well-Known Member

FILIPINO GAMES and European games

PC
    Ragnarok(RPG) - gravity
    MU(RPG) - mobilus
    Flyff(RPG) - gpotato the graphic was really good - sky river(but few things to work on)you can fly in this game
    BattleRealms(Stratregy) - Blizzard
    Warcraft 1 to 4 (Stratregy) - ???
    RedAlert (Stratregy) - ???
    Runescape(RPG) -jajex - Ok for competition but bad graphic rate = 4/10

NDS
    There are some good games but i prefer
    Pokemon(RPG) - only good when you compete with a brother or a friend
    Final fantasy (RPG) - the story is exellent but the battles are ok i guess

GBA
    ???? no idea never have one

14. sla03rs

sla03rs Well-Known Member

Xel'Naga will most likely be introduced judging from what Duran said

and there's the infested protoss as well :p which will probably be under zerg

Warcraft 4 LOL!
    RedAlert = Westwood/EA (should actually be C&C

and why call it Filipino and European games? Majority of the Games you mentioned came from Japan/Korea/USA

15. kamage

kamage Well-Known Member

Red Alert is a little outdated now, eversince Tiberium wars came out, my only problem is my computer, I can't get it to play tiberium... I have to go to my Vista >.>

He calls them Filipino games because it's widely played here, everyday you can hear my classmates say

DOTA, it's pretty widly known, but I don't play WCIII >.>

16. OmegaFlare2

OmegaFlare2 Well-Known Member

Well If it's a DotA contest, I can only go on Fridays. I live in US CA, so I can only go on Fridays at 4:00-6:00 PM in california time. (btw, I pretty suck at DotA, I know what to do, but I don't have the hand skillz or something. I suck somehow. I have pwned at times though. There was THIS guy...I've been wondering since there's someone like it on this forum. I played Born2KiII 1v1 DotA. He wooped my weaksauce Viper with Centaur Warchief. Cheapass 5 stark shields or something. My account is oldmilk btw. Just hoping this Born2Kill is the same guy. That would be freaky. Anyways If it's a Starcraft tournament, sadly I can't join since I can't update my Bnet, since Admin account is like *flames*FORBIDDEN*flames*. I love playing Zerg and go Hydralisk mass and then assault. And If they added a new race for SC2 that would ruin one of the unique differences between Warcraft III and Starcraft series. They need it different. They are two different styles of games. One has heroes, the other doesn't. One involves more skills and abilities, the other has less. One relies on more strategy and micro,the other has macro as a good strategy, and easier to mass. One has 4 races the other has 3. They need differences so people may end up buying both games, making Blizzard more money.

If anyone wants to play me DotA I'm available at the said time above. I will tell if I end up with problems with the Friday you want to play me. Oh and in case the Born2KiII here is the same I faced in Bnet DotA, then here's my reply: REMATCH ME!

17. Born2killx

What is a Centaur Warchief? I play Counter Strike Source. :p And I don't know what a Bnet is. Well the words "Zerg" and "Hydralisk" remind me of StarCraft, which I played seven years ago.

18. anandjones

BNet is short of Battle.Net, where you play online Warcraft custom maps/games etc. :) It's an option in Warcraft III :)

19. OmegaFlare2

OmegaFlare2 Well-Known Member

And an option in Starcraft also!

20. anandjones

A Mu Online would be great, but unfortunately you have to download the client, which is about 300 or so MBs. I heard Runescape is "revamping" it's graphics a bit though, probably nearly still as worse.