1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Less Popular, But great Games?

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by Inylo, Mar 22, 2009.

1. Inylo

Inylo Guest

Im not lying or exaggerating. Ive played all these. What is Taiko no Tatsujin

2. Barathrum

Barathrum Well-Known Member

hmm try 007 quantom solace
    Madden 09
    Fifa 09
    Scrabble

you beat n+? that game was hard!

3. Inylo

Inylo Guest

007 good?

Ya it was daayyyuuummmm hard. I play DS on car rides and beat games a lot.

Please maybe reccomend less popular RPGS of any kind?

4. Sonica

Sonica Well-Known Member

Magical Starsign is pretty good. I like the fact that your magic is influenced by the planetary position, beside the main character's, which was influenced by day/night (depending on which element you choose). Also being able to reduce damage and increase spells with tapping.

5. Barathrum

Barathrum Well-Known Member

Hmm i got a few more, try

tomb raider
    star wars the forced unleashed - short little game w/ good grafix
    FF XII: revenant wings - isn't too popular i think
    Prince Of persia:the fallen king - addictive platformer
    Both Call of Duty's
    Naruto path of ninja 1 and 2
    spectrobes: beyond the portals
    sonic-dark brotherhood
    Time hollow - one of my favorites
    Spore Creaturs
    digimon
    sid meirs civilization
    super dodgeball brawlers

eh, im tired peace.

6. Krusha

Krusha Well-Known Member

I found it way easy, I used to be majorly addicted to the PC versions from 1.3

7. Josh241294

Josh241294 Well-Known Member

Which one is better? The Urbz? or The Sims 2?

8. tuddy

tuddy Member

It's a matter of personal preference, really. The Urbz is top-down and essentially an optimized port of a GBA game... and it has "Jibba Jabba".
    The Sims 2 is better graphically, uses the real-time clock and is slightly different plot-wise.

Otherwise, the basic gameplay is the same. Personally, I prefer the urbz, mainly due to the smaller ROM size. I suggest you try both for a few hours, then come to a decision on which one you want to keep.

9. akojack

akojack Member

i play most harvest moon nd rune factory games dunno if anyone else plays thm

10. Deathbreak911

Deathbreak911 Well-Known Member

N+ was FAR too easy. I was hoping at least the "nlightment" stages would be hard. Nope... T_T

11. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Well-Known Member

Valkyrie Profile. You'll either love it or hate it.

12. kaineru

kaineru Well-Known Member

TRy crimson room for the DS to just let off your 20 mins...

13. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Actually you got it all wrong, unlike the PC version of the SIMs 2 games, these GBA ports are stand alone games, although you can use one & the other in actually GBA hardware to access a secret area you only get to by linking the The Urbz & SIMs Bustin out.

As for story or plot wise, these four games are sequels of each other. But you need not play the earlier ones to get to know the story in detail.

14. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

Meteos isn't that popular but probably the best puzzle game since Tetris.

15. cjfc.vp

cjfc.vp Well-Known Member

Basically its a shooter game but really hectic and insane so its pretty fun just to check it out even.

Probably one of the best rhythm games on the DS apart from now which just came out Rhythm heaven but they're both pretty fun.

16. tuddy

tuddy Member

For interpreting my post incorrectly, you're the person who's wrong here.

He asked "which game is better? The Urbz, or Sims 2?" of course, he was referring to the DS versions of both of those. Personally, I have no preference, so I said they're both great games worth trying out. Of course, I should have mentioned that all Sims games on consoles are standalone, but that's common knowledge.

As for the GBA games- they're totally unrelated to this whole discussion, other than mentioning that The Urbz for DS is just a port of one of the GBA games.

17. Inylo

Inylo Guest

idk how to play meteos, ive tried. Rhythm Heaven looks like shit, valkyrie is cool,

18. zangief

zangief Well-Known Member

rhythm heaven is a catchy game. it's mostly hit or miss. i, for one, love it.

19. seventhsage

seventhsage Well-Known Member

back again, i'm rocking out with fire emblem, shadow dragon. It's got a bit of popularity since it came out, so you've probably played it. I'm also playing air traffic chaos, which, while a little hectic, is gaming gold. A few others:

Dragon quest 5: hand of the heavenly bride - pretty popular

mechanic master - kinda like "the incredible machine" if you've ever played that

megaman battle network 5: double team ds - i fell in love with this series long ago, it rocks

orcs and elves - a unique rpg, you said you were looking for those

izuna 2 - haven't actually tried this one, need to beat some games to clear space on the r4, but it's supposed to be good

master of the monster layer - real unique game experience from atlus, didn't get much press so you may not have heard of it

boing! docomodake - you play as a mushroom, nuff said

di gata defenders - not a big fan, but you may like it

etrian oddesy 1 and 2 - great rpg, i'm a fan of customization

The gianna sisters - mario clone, but with a few unique spins... kinda

myst - point and click works well with the ds

nanostray - you didn't like space invaders, so this game may not appeal to you

sid meyers civilization revolution - i liked freeciv on linux, this game rocks

snk vs capcom - card fighters - a good card game with simple rules and addicting gameplay. Someone who's
    played a lot of games will recognize many of the charachters :)

again, lets hear it for the unsung heroes of the gaming world

20. crazytuna

crazytuna Well-Known Member

luminous arc anyone? anyone?
    was that game popular? I enjoyed it very much