1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Legalize Marijuana

Discussion in 'General News' started by damanali, Oct 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

well...one last thing.....those posts above are ones that are based upon what i was taught as a child.
    when someone uses any type of illegal substance...they must be bad right? (in little people terms)

i guess in a sense that's how i was thinking at first....just natural instincts to what i was taught.

for example....if someone pulls a knife on you (trying to kill you), what do you do?
    A. Let them kill you. or B. Try to defend yourself.

as you may guess....you would try to defend yourself if the person is trying to kill you.

that is the same as what i did in the above posts.....but now after thinking about it for a while it isn't so bad.....i just acted on what i was taught......not by what i think!

so if you were offended i am deeply sorry....that was only my first reaction to your posts and this topic.

but now....after thinking about it more.......i see your points....most of them anyway!!

cheers!!!!!

2. Mcoupe69

Mcoupe69 Guest

i don't think anyone was really offended, i wasn't at least, this is just a really debatable topic is all :D..

3. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

ace-I was taught the same way as you...

I never really knew the full effects of the drug-unlike my friends with experience I lack the knoledge to know how it affects you.

BTW-when hypr post it might be harsh but he is usually correct-if you can withstand the harshness you'd see he wasn't trying to belt ya :)

Like as other's tell me, it's no bad as alchol, infact it might be slightly better, sure you can get addicted...if you really like it and WANT to be-it doesn't have anything that makes you get hooked like ciggerettes.

But the overall effects aren't as bad, and apparently the only reason why it's so bad and outlawed (in australia) is because it can't be taxed...

Why i got no clue, but if they do legalise it for some reason...I do hope they restrict those people (and cig smokers) to 18+ smoking it, too many are getting busted for home made cigs (mate lost one because a cop mistaken the smell...) and misconceptions (cigs can be smoked by 15yrs...but not to be sold to at that age)...

Just to make things easier on shop keepers or cashiers like me-I'm sick of checking every little kid when I see them holding a cig or wanting one-let alone weed :(

4. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

true mds...i dunno...i'm still here though!! i don't mind harsh comments towards me...i was just tired and not thinking clearly.....i do see now that it's not so bad as i was taught.

yeah.......it is a debatable topic!!

5. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

I'm always like that-my forum games tend to go from fun to agressive after 5 post :(

And stuff like this is truly debatable...

Now for those who know-is there any actual damage this could do?

I only know the immedient effects.

6. Oteupaiecona

Oteupaiecona Well-Known Member

Hey, i wasn't offended, sorry if i sounded harsh to you.
    I was just trying to understand your point of view.
    I'm glad that you were able to think about your opinion.
    It shows you are open minded and can think for yourself.
    So cheers to you!
    [quote author= mds64]Now for those who know-is there any actual damage this could do?[/quote]
    Well, i don't know of any long term effects that have been proven.
    But having said that, i don't recommend it.
    I think it is a conscious adult choice to use or not, but it should be your own choice.
    I find it's a good relaxant, but if you do good without, why do it?
    And of course, if you smoke it, it is going to be bad for you.
    Any kind of smoke has carcinogens, be it cigarette, weed, or even if you smoke dry leafs from that tree in your backyard.
    Now if you eat it or use a vaporizer, i don't know of any ill effects.
    But again, if you can stay away from it (or alcohol, or cigarettes) the better for you!

7. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

And as I said before, smoking weed affects the development of the frontal lobe, but that won't happen if it's developed, and it's usually done growing around the age of 18. The information I've gathered this from is from wikipedia. Also, as Oteup said, marijuana's long term effects haven't been well documented because of it's legality. But it's still a lot healthier than alcohol and it's questionable as to why marijuana isn't legal and why alcohol is.

8. there was a episode on family guy about legalizing marijuana

9. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

..Anything else you plan to share?

10. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

That's fine!! i was just really tired....i didn't understand half the stuff i typed anyways once i cleared my mind and woke up from my sleepy state! sorry........i like staying up really late!! and you saw what it does! not good for me!!

and thanks!! i like opening my mind and when people say that i'm opened minded....i
    've learned to reject society's standards and ideas and to go with my own opinions on almost everything through the past couple of years! i used to think mainstream.....but soon learned around 16ish that society's ideas/standards were a load of bull!!

this has been a VERY interesting AND mind-opening topic for me!!

11. MDS and ace, I mean 100% no offense to you but you guys are the perfect candidates to show examples of being uneducated, bias, and ignorant. (I really dont mean offense to that.)

With that being said, I suggest that people start opening their eyes to this topic. This debate may be one of the biggest that our generation (my generation...) will probably ever face, and im worried that no solution will come, because of stigma. I will openly admit that I am 19 years old, and I smoke weed every day, several times a day. Not for medical use, but for personal use. My main reasons for doing so are to reduce the pain I feel in my back (I have a herniated disk.... as well as chronic spinal lumbalgia.) as well as to bring a "center" to my being. When I'm high, my back pain is gone (It either disappears by my mind not constantly thinking about it, or the pain starts to feel like a different feeling, one that isnt pain. I wish i could explain that further) When I talk about brining a center, Im talking about all of my feelings, emotions, thoughts, etc. coming together and resolving, or an understanding of how things are in my life.

When I am high, its not the stupid depictions that the media and our society has (Anyone see transformers 2, where the mom eats the weed brownies? Totally NOT like that). I am a fully functional human being. Sure, some things are a little funnier than others and i may have a bigger appetite than you, but I think, act, move, speak, work, play, 100% normally. I feel like thats something that comes with time, experience, and being a habitual user.

Its an entire culture. I suggest that people who haven't be exposed to the culture, expose themselves. Im not talking about going out and trying it, (you are more than welcome to, and I salute), Im talking about watching a video or two, attending a demonstration such as the Weed March that is held every year all over the world. Just expose yourself to it.

12. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

no offense taken!.......i didn't think i was being biased..? and yes...i know the effects of weed.....though i've never tried it......only heard about it.

i have seen many documentaries about weed that were against and for it....and just through this topic, i've seen myself change from totally against it to for it actually! i'm not against it any longer....i have learned that it's not bad at all and that it probably should be made legal to just let people do what they want.......i mean.......cigarettes are WORSE than weed......i don't get why weed is illegal and cigarettes are legal? i just don't get that........i came in here biased (and quite tired), but now i feel totally different about it......it's ok if people do do it........but it probably won't be made legal due to the great opposition towards it and the fact that the majority of people classify it as a "horrible" drug......i see now what it is used for, but the majority of the US and other countries will always say that it's bad.......

like i said before, when people are raised in a society where drugs are 'horrible and disgusting' then you're thinking is this until you break from the chains of society's thoughts and develop you're own.
    this topic has helped me to develop a new understanding about weed. and that it's not bad at all really.

i will look more into the culture and stuff that you mentioned......when i feel like it.......

13. Mcoupe69

Mcoupe69 Guest

yeah sadistic soul for f*ck sake, speaking of ignorant, we have already covered the fact that certain opinions expressed may be a little shallow.. you didn't need to go attacking ace and mds ... completely unnecessary .. now i smoke .. but calling mds and ace out like that, that was ignorant :/

14. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

thanks again, Mcoupe69!!

15. Mcoupe69

Mcoupe69 Guest

you don't have to thank him.. :p

16. My post wasnt even attacking them. The point of my post was to express my viewpoint, and my reasons for doing so. Did you only read the first sentence or something? Sorry for relating my post to the conversation that was taking place

17. Mcoupe69

Mcoupe69 Guest

nah im blind man i only read 3 words... seriously though think.. if you were reading the older posts in the topic you would have seen that it has already been pointed out that their opinions might have been a little off and needed some more education.. and sure you can say "i mean no offense" all you want

but you didn't need the words you used to describe them :/

overkill .. thats my *viewpoint*

18. Its funny because... I thought earlier in this post there was a point raised about worrying about your own lives.
    Yes I did read the topic, unfortunately there is a problem with coming into a post after its started. Your points have been expressed, its time for mine.
    All I intended to do was to post MY opinion, just as you did, about smoking marijuana. I already stated the point of my post. Who are you to suppress my opinions?

Besides, you said it best yourself buddy

19. Mcoupe69

Mcoupe69 Guest

and what you are not getting is that im not supressing your damn opinion on the subject , im stating the fact that the point of making either of those 2's opinions seem asinine is in the past ..?

20. That was such an insignificant statement in my post... i didnt think it would mean that much to ya bud
    Post Merge: [time]1257970238[/time]
    Haha there were 420 views on this topic when i posted

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.