1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Left 4 Dead 2 Banned in Australia

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by Shibuku_Dogenzaka, Nov 18, 2009.

1. lugia543

lugia543 Guest

meh. they rated scribblenauts PG. for that I hate them so L4D2 must be off their charts

2. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Don't tell me this game was meant to be r18+...

Ethier that or your below age XD

3. GhanaChris

GhanaChris Well-Known Member

This game isn't funny anymore. ALL games like this have to be banned.

4. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

I disliek funny games...

Infact, why do you want to ban games like this?

Fine to me...

5. teserut

teserut Guest

e
    There was a rumor going around that they were banning the chainsaw, which angered a lot of people. The whole censoring thing was blown out out of proportion. The only differences are theres no dismemberment or decapitation and bodies and blood disappear when they hit the ground. Not that much of a change really, while I still would prefer the uncensored version It's not that big of a deal.

6. indianCHAN

indianCHAN Well-Known Member

I don't see the point of putting in the chainsaw if there isn't any dismemberment or super-gore. I think that'd make it worse, it'd lead the lil' aussies to believe that chainsaws don't mutilate people. Then they grab mum's chainsaw and go use it on their little chum named Ted. And "OMGWTFBBQ" ensues.

7. tehuber1337

tehuber1337 Well-Known Member

Fortunately, neither guns nor chainsaws are as popular to own here as in America.

8. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

well if your kid are mature enough, the whole influence argument wont work....

9. Solus

Solus Well-Known Member

Well, if you are living in Australia, then what I do is just import games from the UK. Most of the time they use PAL and arent that tight-ass to censor everything

10. tehuber1337

tehuber1337 Well-Known Member

Given how expensive games are as is, importing isn't exactly the most practical option.

11. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

We always use PAL. Most of the world does.

12. Luga

Luga Well-Known Member

Wow, Australia, for a country that is soposta have all of these "outcasts" and "tough people" sure is full of wusses to be scared or shocked by a little blood and gore. IT'S RATED 17+ FOR SANITY'S SAKE!!
    WTF is wrong with people in the European nations!?

13. spire208

spire208 Well-Known Member

Alot of thing's.
    And australia is made mostly of outlaws from ablout 150 years ago but they came from all the other country's not just the european ones.
    Plus they got shiped to Australia for stupid thing's like stealing loaf's of bread.

14. kankerzooi

kankerzooi Well-Known Member

Wasn't there a game that was released, which involved killing people in some famous church ( wasn't it the Cathedral in St Peterburg ) I can remember the big news about a game involving shooting in something holy.

Refresh my memory

15. naokifails

naokifails Member

Remember Doom?

16. JynxJester

JynxJester Well-Known Member

Just like most banned things there is always a way to get it.

17. MangaRx

MangaRx Well-Known Member

Well, they were fine with it. Dunno about COD Vietnam, that may be a soft spot

18. assassin296

assassin296 Member

Aww, I pity Australia

19. managod101

managod101 Well-Known Member

Well at least it's not like russia banning manhunt, because a guy killed his friend with a plastic bag lol