1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Left 4 Dead 2 Banned in Australia

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by Shibuku_Dogenzaka, Nov 18, 2009.

1. Josh241294

Josh241294 Well-Known Member

Well. It's unbanned now, just, died down. Dismemberment, wound detail, and what-not.

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

We were only going by what the topic creator said:
    "L4D2 in australia got banned, because it involved *killing living people* with chain saws and mercilessly gunning them down (quoted from the newspaper the MX)."

Even your wiki article quotes:
    "The Classification Review Board cited "insufficient delineation between the depiction of zombie characters and the human figures" as one of the key factors in its classification refusal."

Basically one of the main reasons is the lack of difference between the Zombies and Humans, and killing a zombie is too similar to killing a human.

3. tehuber1337

tehuber1337 Well-Known Member

MX isn't exactly the most reliable source of information for this kinda thing.

4. TirithRR

And here, the source of the wiki quote.
    http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/60964

The key reason given, quoted from the Review Board.

5. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

Isn't all shooting games are like that?
    Shooting people to survive.. etc.. ec..

6. tehuber1337

tehuber1337 Well-Known Member

Yeah, and the reason is the similarity between living and undead people, as opposed to "killing living humans".

7. Shibuku_Dogenzaka

Shibuku_Dogenzaka Well-Known Member

They are infected people. It's still the same process, their just taking a more I Am Legend approach. To be honest i just want the game to be available here.

8. TirithRR

Hence the reason Loonylion took a jab at them for allowing CoD :)

9. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

I'm afraid that, this type of game can influence the younger one..
    Like GTA series...

10. TirithRR

Obviously if young people in Australia play Left 4 Dead 2, they will not be able to distinguish fantasy Zombie killing from real life Human killing and will go on rampages through crowded cities trying to stop the spread of an imaginary zombie virus by slaughtering the innocent people of Australia.

11. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

Not a lot of games are as gory as L4D2.

12. diskjocki

diskjocki Well-Known Member

A very shitty one.

13. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

BAH!

I know kids who someone how got gta...easy...

Australia is laid back-not all places ask...

And you know what-these kids are already messed up!

I'm more worried about the drug abuse and alchol fuel violence than who runs it.

I personally think not having r18+ isn't so bad-if they REALLY want to sell a game they are willing to scale it down.

If not...screw them-not worth it.

I don't care if I can't see someone's head been decapitated or raped or some crap, as long as it plays the same, it's fine with me...

As violent as I am, it doesn't matter in all honesty.

14. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

ya.... like any parent would buy it for thier kid a mature game.... well if they did... thats a fail in parenthood.

15. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

I would. If my kid was mature enough to handle it and be able to differentiate it from real life, I'd get it for him/her.

16. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

Australia has a lot of problems, banning violent games may help on a very minute scale but they still have messed up adults that are not because of violent games, they didn't have said games.

17. TirithRR

It's because they are a nation of criminals. Penal colony and all that. :)

18. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

Ah yes, they also apparently have no military, but secretly they're planning guerilla attacks with kangaroos and alligators.

19. teserut

teserut Guest

How did you find out about our diabolical plans! It could only have been *pauses for dramatic effect* HYPNOS!

Getting back to the matter at hand, alot of people don't want Left 4 Dead 2 to be banned. As stated already there isn't enough of a difference between the zombies and the humans (according to the people who banned it, but if you ask me, a person with rotting flesh who's trying to eat you is a tad different from a regular human). I'm just going to get a friend to download it for me. Then i'm going to give the OFLC a metaphorical giant middle finger (the rest of the metaphorical fingers are missing).

20. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Was.

Why is this still going?

I just saw this today for the 360..ma15+

This is fine..if my laptop had the balls I'd get the pc one today.