1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Latest version of Ares Galaxy not downloading songs

Discussion in 'Non-Emulation Help' started by Duncan Idaho, Apr 13, 2014.

1. Duncan Idaho

Duncan Idaho Well-Known Member

As the title topic i got the latest version of Ares Galaxy from sourceforge and it's refusing to download anything on my desktop PC, currently i have installed it twice, on C :/program files/Ares and on D :/Program files/Ares the download folder is D:/Download.

I am running windows 7, i set up ares with admin rights just in case, there are enough people (over 14 for one file) but the program does not dl's anything, any clues as to why?

2. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

People still use Ares?

My God, that was around the same time as KaZaA and Morpheus. lol

I can't think of a single use this has now over torrents.

3. Duncan Idaho

I do it to download songs, specific songs and not having to download entire albums, for example if i want Hells bells, Pariah, and Age of Reason i would need to Download an AC/DC album that has Hell Bells and 13 of Black Sabbath.

4. Neon32

Neon32 Neo-Noir

Have you tried downloading with only one ares in your pc ?

5. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

And you couldn't just pick those songs from each album?

At least with a torrent, you know what you're getting. With p2p you pretty much have a crapshoot on whether the idiot who initially shared it has it in a good format, good quality bitrate, and didn't dub anything over the song.

I got sick of that bullshit and then torrents came along. Torrents are a godsend compared to regular p2p.

6. Duncan Idaho

I had tried that before, with ares on D : / and it refused to download anything.

[quote author=Insanecrazy07]And you couldn't just pick those songs from each album?[/quote]

More problematic, and when i dl tracks via p2p i dont get dubbed stuff, that was back with lime and frost wire.