1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Laptop Recommendation

Discussion in 'PC' started by Arron_zero, Feb 25, 2015.

1. Arron_zero

Arron_zero Well-Known Member

Not sure if this is the right place but HI.

I'm looking for a windows laptop to play games on. I don't need it to be high spec but ideally it should at least be able to run PCSX2 smoothly for most games (have a PS2 back home and am really missing some of the games on it...). Oh and it would be nice if it's as cheap as possible.

So any recommendation would help. Thanks in advance!

2. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member

Gaming huh, on a laptop

http://www.techradar.com/news/mobile-computing/laptops/top-laptops-25-best-laptops-in-the-world-706673

I mean it's techradar sure. Whatever.

3. thomasriis

thomasriis Member

You can easily game on a laptop,But it's costly.

Make sure it's at least an i7 cpu able to handle around 3,5 ghz (more is preffered)

Mine is a i7 6700k in a notebook and it's opposite of mega mega cheap,So sorry cheap laptops dont emulate very well.

How much are you willing to pay??

4. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

doesn't need to be an i7, an i5 will do, or a high end AMD APU.

cheap, high powered, pick one.

every 'gaming' laptop ive ever encountered has had thermal issues.

5. thomasriis

thomasriis Member

Thermal issues is excactly what cheap laptops suffers from.

No i5 in a laptop is simply too underclocked,My previous cpu was a i7 3940xm and even that suffered from slowdowns in some games.

Im just pointing out that a cheap laptop would be a bad choice for longer periods of emulating,Notebooks has progressed far more than most people think.

6. Fylgja

Fylgja High level Neet

a majority of gaming laptops have thermal issues when put under heavy load, my laptop which has a 7- 4790k and a 980m idles at 49-52°C o the gpu and cpu even though it was built to order and stress tested before it was sent to me.

integrated graphics cards have gotten better but thy are no where as good as a cheap gpu, for example i played hitman absolution on a $600 laptop 720p@30fps just fine with a A6-3420M and a HD6520G.

it completely depends on what you want to emulate

7. Loonylion

I've seen thermal issues in £2k+ GBP laptops. It's not just the cheap ones.

8. thomasriis

thomasriis Member

Very true indeed,It all depends on the build.

Too many false promises from many manufactors, And again what is cheap???

Ha maybe we will see liquid cooling for laptops in the future like the Asus ROG GX700 (And your very own handy suitcase for carrying it around) bahh very handy indeed,

9. Loonylion

and therein lies the problem: you don't know what you're getting until after you've bought it.