1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Know your members: Seph (anniversary edition)

Discussion in 'Know your users' started by athemoe, Jun 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Well-Known Member

He's right, I still haven't gone back - to his Facebook (HURR).

Jokes aside, how often do you go out for a drink with bros?

2. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

If I'm acting as an admin then it'll be pretty clear from me either handing out warnings or telling users off. Any other time I'm just a normal member posting and people can disagree with whatever I post, if they so choose.

Most of my time has gone into 2 projects (and lately a 3rd). The one furthest along is http://www.alladeals.com/ which is basically an aggregator for all the Swedish Groupon-like sites.

The second project which is somewhat far along but yet still far off is a filehost with some pretty cool features planned like support of having your uploaded file served via torrent. Really fun to work on but also a lot of new technology to learn and use so it's several months if not a year away from being ready.

And finally, as I pointed out earlier, I'm working on getting some Anime up on RomUlation. But more on this in the coming days as it takes shape.

There's a flash file playing in your RomUlation dashboard which pretty much re-enact it. :)

Oh God I love food, feels so unfair to have to choose something favourite, but it definitely involves salmon, and it's probably soaked in white wine and then grilled.

I do have a drivers license but no car as there's really no need for one in Denmark. It's more bothersome to drive than it is to take public transportation.

I don't really hate religion, first of all I don't believe that one can hate anything other than a person (and even then you rarely *hate* them). But I do find the idea of religion, at least when organized, to be disturbing. But then it's mostly because of what people do because of it and how narrow-minded it makes them. For instance the idea that you cannot have morals without God that some Christians seem to believe is just disgusting and so easily proven wrong.

My stalker App tells me you view my profile multiple times a day!

And it differs on whether something is happening or whether we're just going out to get shit faced and hit on girls. For the latter it's probably once every other weekend during the summer. When events take place such as a concert it can happen once per week.

3. someirishkid

someirishkid Well-Known Member

I'll ask again then :p

4. Soluri

Soluri Well-Known Member

Full metal Panic.

Nice anime right?

5. Seph

I already answered this when I was asked what my favourite animal is.

If I ignore a question it's not because I haven't seen it.

Isn't it called full Metal Alchemist? Regardless, I haven't actually seen either. :p

6. lewis9191

lewis9191 Well-Known Member

It was a dog.

Q: Did you go to university or college

Q: What would you suggest the best way to study coding

Q: Are you experienced with game design or it is mainly website design.

7. Soluri

Soluri Well-Known Member

Nope, Full Metal Panic and Full Metal Alchemist are two different things.

The first thing you should do now, is grab some beer, go sit in your chair, relaaaax and watch Full Metal Panic.
    NAO.

Are you gonna do this?

Oh, and also:
    [​IMG]
    Last time you did something like this?

8. athemoe

athemoe Well-Known Member

[me=Athemoe]gives Seph a Leffe [/me]

9. usernameladiesman217

usernameladiesman217 Well-Known Member

Have you ever went on a banning spree?

10. someirishkid

someirishkid Well-Known Member

Are you a Mac or a PC?

11. kenny6457

kenny6457 Well-Known Member

this

12. Sarra93

Sarra93 New Member

amandapanda or athemoe?

13. toffster92

toffster92 Well-Known Member

Would you eat something that had dude nectar in it?

http://blogs.westword.com/cafesociety/2010/02/swallow_this_cookbook_uses_sem.php

if not, watch this and see the reactions on some of the dudes in the audience.

http://tosh.comedycentral.com/video-clips/tosh-0-book-club---natural-harvest

14. Seph

I went for about half a year before I realized it wasn't teaching me anything useful, and since I've always wanted to run my own company the degree itself was not worth spending 5 years in university.

The best way to study coding is to get a mentor who's already proficient, then pick a project and just start. There are plenty of resources for pretty much every language. The key is to try and map the things you read about to the project you've chosen. Figure out how it fits into the grand scheme of things.

I'm familiar with game programming, I wouldn't say I'm experienced but I can probably manage most 2D things and a tiny bit of 3D. I think game programming is extremely interesting but it's also very time consuming.

Haven't done it since. Funny things should be done only once, after that you're just copy pasting previous things. If enough people copy paste it you just risk it turning into a stupid meme.

Err no. Maybe we're boring but people only get banned when they really deserve it. We give a lot of leniency towards people, giving several warnings and such before banning.

Definitely a PC, but not one of those from the commercials. I'm a far more awesome PC.

Amanda. Geez, not even a contest there! :p

Reddit had an IAMA from the guy who wrote the book back in Feb, so I'm perfectly aware of it. I honestly couldn't imagine it myself but I wouldn't be surprised if some people legitimately eat this shit. :/

15. Soluri

Soluri Well-Known Member

You forgot a question.

16. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

Do you believe the British will be the first to colonize Mars

17. athemoe

18. Seph

I don't believe any one nation will be allowed to colonize Mars - or any other planet. It'll be a thing like the International Space Station where several nations work together to do it.

If you mean the anime thing then no. I don't really enjoy anime all that much.

19. athemoe

Pie>jelly?

20. Seph

Who seriously like jelly any way?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.