1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Know your members: Seph (anniversary edition)

Discussion in 'Know your users' started by athemoe, Jun 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soluri

Soluri Well-Known Member

When are you gonna post a pic of your pretty little face?

2. Kiekoes

Kiekoes Guest

Do you still like me?

3. toffster92

toffster92 Well-Known Member

Out of these very real threats to civilization, which one do you think will overtake us first?

- Political Corruption which will lead to increased conflict within and between countries which will in turn lead to total anarchy.
    - Nuclear attacks brought upon by lack of proper management and guarding of nuclear resources and fueled by the anger of extremist groups.
    - Loss of natural resources through unsupervised and wasteful means and lives of humans. (specifically, the loss of fresh water)
    - The total crash of the global market which will devastate any person not counted in the top 10% (elites) of the human population
    - Catastrophic climate change brought about by stubborn business owners and people who refuse to go against the "normal way" of doing things and refuse to change their wasteful lifestyle.
    - An uncontrolled cosmic event in which we have no way of detecting, preventing, and withstand. (I.e. sun dies out, massive tectonic shifts, hyper solar flares, etc.)

4. kenny6457

kenny6457 Well-Known Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zn7-fVtT16k&feature=relmfu
    what do you think of this?

5. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

I honestly don't know what it is, I don't really read the random section much. I'll have to go look for it.

Do I miss who?

Favourite moment is damn hard. Due to the slow nature of a forum there aren't really anything that sticks out as being funny or awesome. I could probably cheat and choose one from IRC, but instead I'm going to be lame and just say that seeing the overall growth and activity is probably my favourite experience with the forum.

And god dammit this question. It's so going to go to her head but I'll have to choose Athemoe and I don't really talk overly much with Sarra.

His personal text is "Good bye my lover, Good bye my friend" so lets me honest and state that he'll always be that mushy guy white-knighting all the girls.

Neither console. I'm not much of a console fan, gimme a PC any day of the week.

Sorry but I really cannot recall any film which I think is the best of all time. I like so many films that choosing just one would be a crime against all the others.

Only privileged people get to the see the awesome that is me. Though, suffice to say that once you've seen Seph you don't go back.

Sure, don't see why I wouldn't. If I were to dislike every person who ever did a stupid thing on this forum then I'd be a very negative person.

Of those options I'd choose political corruption. It's always rampant in many of the major powers of today. China, Russia and the US are all examples of places where corruption amongst power and the rich is no longer the exception but rather the rule. I don't think it will lead to total anarchy but I do think it will significantly set back those countries and the world by extension due to the power of those countries.

If I were to offer my own alternative I'd say that the currently biggest problem is special interest and the power they wield through money and lobbying. I cannot help but shudder whenever I look at the US education system and how religion is dictating the syllabus more and more. I know atheism and religious tolerance is growing in the US but in response the extremists are growing as well and fighting actively for power and indoctrination of the American youth.

A note on the climate change. I do agree that this is a huge issue and it will be a really difficult challenge in the future due to nations like the US not setting CO2 reduction goals, however, I also believe that scientists will have this one in the bag within the next 10 to 15 years. Bio-degradable oil is not very far away, solar power is becoming more and more efficient and they recently made huge leaps towards a super battery that can store excess energy for use later on. Once the power grid is handled by renewable resources the worst of it should hopefully be over and it'll just be a matter of removing CO2 from the air then.

I think it's awesome they do rap with intelligent lyrics, though I think it a shame that they maintain that "cool guy" tone of rapping - this despite the fact that it's probably done to mock.

6. lewis9191

lewis9191 Well-Known Member

Seph, you missed my questions ?

7. Soluri

Soluri Well-Known Member

Are you gonna show your pretty little face to me?

8. Kiekoes

Kiekoes Guest

:)

9. Soluri

Soluri Well-Known Member

Erection dysfunction.

Do you have it?

10. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

No I did not.

Haha. No.

That's a rock solid no. If this wasn't online I'd proudly stand tall and firmly say that I do not, have erectile dysfunction.

11. lewis9191

My bad <3

12. Jonez001

Jonez001 Well-Known Member

What are you gonna after RomU, if RomU dies...

13. lewis9191

When do you expect this new project to have a release date or more information

14. Soluri

Soluri Well-Known Member

Your interesting face then?

15. athemoe

athemoe Well-Known Member

I've seen his picture :3

16. Void

Void Well-Known Member

Tedious? I am perfectly concise. And also god damned super nice to people.

Next question: why the slander?
    And another: scariest nightmare you can remember?
    One more: tits or ass?

17. someirishkid

someirishkid Well-Known Member

Cats or dogs?

18. FireKuraWolf

FireKuraWolf New Member

While you are here, should we treat you like a member, or a admin?
    Want cotton candy?Tastes like Cyanide and Happiness.
    Are you a bro, or a ho?
    Do you liek:
    Mudkipz?
    Fo' Shizzle Stuff?

19. Reider

Reider Modereider

Can you tell us about some of the things you've been working on lately?

20. tehuber1337

tehuber1337 Well-Known Member

The bigger they are, the harder they fall.

He actually asked for your favourite moment on IRC.

So, favourite moment on IRC?
    Favourite food?
    Do you drive? If so, what car?
    Do you hate religion itself or just what people do in the name of religion?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.