1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Know your ancients: Seph

Discussion in 'Know your users' started by Sarra93, Aug 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

Loony has been with me and RomUlation since like year 1, that's 9 or 10 years. He's basically always been there to help me with servers and input on my crazy ideas. If you can't figure out my views from that then I don't know what to say. :)

Is this a reference to that halo thing? In that case neither. If not then still neither.

2. reekon_retro

reekon_retro Well-Known Member

Your views on the phone wars between Apple and Samsung?
    Which of them is being a jerk/cry baby ?
    Funniest thing you've seen this recent weeks causing you to go into a hysterical fit of laughter?

3. doommaker

doommaker Guest

no it has nothing to do with halo xD just a random question ;D

what is your view on people who troll?

favorite game?

genre of music?

4. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

You come into a large sum of money ($50,000) which can only be used for RomUlation.
    What would you do with it and why?

5. Seph

It depends on how they're trolling. Basically there are two types of trolling, the original kind and the copy cat kind. If you're copying whatever the latest 4chan shit is then I don't really give a shit about it, it's stupid and lame and it does not make you cool. If you are original troll and come up with something yourself as a spur of the moment thing then awesome, I'll watch and think it clever and I'll admire you and want all your babies.

I literally have no idea, there are lots of good memories of old games but they are coloured by the naivety of youth. I think two games that will always stand out for me will be Ocarina of Time and the first Metal Gear Solid for PSX.

I answered this two replies before this.

This is a good question. There aren't that many problems with RomUlation that money could solve. There are no technological issues that I cannot solve already nor are there any server issues that I could throw money at. (aside maybe from more space)

Really the only major problem that keeps RomUlation from evolving faster is time, I have very little of it and while I do spend quite a bit of it on RomUlation we're not exactly swimming in new features. So given $50k I'd probably use that to hire freelance developers and a graphics artists and then have them implement my ideas so that everything would just go a bit faster.

6. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

Nice answer.
    You said 'implement my ideas'. What do you have in mind?

I am sure there maybe some indie developers that might want to have a go in helping out RomU.

7. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

We already tried asking for developers once and it didn't work out

8. Seph

There are lots of things that could benefit the users.

• Display game languages
    • Attach files to a game, for example, anti piracy patches and language translations.
    • Embeded video preview of games. Already have streaming set up for this through anime, so wouldn't be that difficult.

Ultimately there are plenty of things that can be done still, but there's not much that will justify me spending time on it when I have a lot of other projects and work that needs to be done.

9. Soluri

Soluri Well-Known Member

A hot woman who sucks in bed or an ugly woman who is a goddess in bed?
    Waking up next to Loony or Reider?

Also, no pun intended.

10. doommaker

doommaker Guest

My apologies.

views on this joke: Why do the make girls in anime so annoying?.....they wanted to make it more realistic.

11. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

I could do all of them given the time.
    You could stream through YouTube or stream through a private server.

Languages wouldn't be too hard. Add a new column in the menu and someone could go around adding the languages.

Embedding files... you could have like a 'DLC and Patches' tab on the menu pane on the file screen.
    And then just upload AP fixes and such (someone would need to code a tool though).

With time I could do languages for NDS, GBA and Wii (in the future).
    I could use RGFs fixes, inplement them into a tool and upload them to MediaFire or the FTP server.

Favourite achievement of all time?
    Thought on Apple (the company)?
    What were you thinking if before you asked these questions.

12. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

It's not adding the material thats the issue, its writing the code to support those features. that's what seph doesn't have time for (and neither do I).

13. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

Ah... might be able to help with that though.
    Will look into it.

14. Seph

No offence but if you haven't programmed before then jumping into a semi high traffic site like RomUlation is not the best move. Also will get to these questions soon, spent a day in the sun so haven't had the time yet.

15. Nitemare_ Plague

Nitemare_ Plague Well-Known Member

:O You left the house?! What madness is this?

16. Seph

I have tried and this is impossible to answer, I would stand between them two, walk a step towards one and then turn around only to take a step towards her... only to stop and repeat the entire process, eternally stuck in an impossible choice.

I don't understand this question, I wake up to Reider every morning already. ???

I have analysed it thoroughly and my view is that this is indeed a joke.

It was 30 bloody degrees outside, was impossible not to. (Also I got to fire guns, worth it)

17. nex26

nex26 Well-Known Member

Ain't nothin' better
    We beat the odds together
    I'm glad we didn't listen
    Look at what we would be missin'

18. maccaman20

maccaman20 Well-Known Member

May i PLEASE use that in my signature?

19. Seph

Feel free, I've said this before and I stand by it.

20. Seph

Just noticed I missed this before.

I don't really side very much since the core of the issue is software patents and software patents are fucking retarded. When you can have a parent that says no one but you is allowed to use a pull down menu or a swipe to unlock or slightly rounded corners at the top with less rounded corners at the bottom then you know the whole system is entirely fucked up.

That said, Apple is the cry baby because the amount of prior art that Samsung has displayed is just stunning. Apple did not invent the iconic Apple design, they were just the first to actually make it popular and now they and their fanboys like to pretend they crap gold and obviously no one has crapped gold before them.

Another thing is that on principle I refuse to side with Apple as a company considering their hostile nature towards app developers and how they lock down their phones making them only useful once jail broken. I had the first iPhone and I'll never buy another one, won't even buy another Apple product.

Also haven't seen anything funny recently. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.