1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Know your ancients: Seph

Discussion in 'Know your users' started by Sarra93, Aug 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sarra93

Sarra93 New Member

Welcome to the 63rd "Know Your Members" game.
    This is a game where we choose a member to spotlight which could then be asked any question by any member!
    This is the fourteenth member of our kym part II tour.
    Here are the rules

1.If the member chosen doesn't want to answer a question he/she can freely ignore it
    2.If you want to put all the questions you have in one post don't write walls of text
    3.Don't spam
    4.Members will have a chance to ask the member for up to one week(unless the member requests more or less)and then we choose another member to be in the spotlight.
    5. The previous member will choose the next member.
    6. You must've had a kym before you can achieve a kya.

The fourteenth member is:
    Seph

You can ask him anything you want from what if situations to any other questions, but keep in mind he can freely ignore any questions.

Note from Seph: No "views on me" or any retarded questions like that.

2. Niflheim

Niflheim Horrible evil rat

Views on me?

User was banned for this post.

3. Littlekill

Littlekill Well-Known Member

How much traffic does romulation average now in a day than say, 6 months ago?

4. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

Compared to 6 months ago it's actually up by about 20%. Still far off from 2009/2010 numbers but positive times ahead if the current trend continues.

5. Littlekill

Littlekill Well-Known Member

Hows it going?

Hows the personal life?

Any current lady friends?

Can I live with you?

6. ogh3

ogh3 Well-Known Member

Do you enjoy watching/playing any sport? Which ones?
    If yes:
    Who is your favorite athlete?
    Who is your favorite team?

7. doommaker

doommaker Guest

uhhh wasn't that a bit harsh?......

are you the highest of the high (in this forums rank)
    Weapon of choice?:
    Gun
    lightsaber
    invisibility cloak (invisibility only last 30s)
    those electric whip things from Iron man 2

oh and why cant we ask "that" question?

8. Seph

Pretty good actually, vacation coming up soon, work is interesting and gym has really paid off. Can't ask for much more.

No, but then I'm not looking at the moment. As in I'm not putting myself in positions where there'll be relevant female contact.

You don't like cities, so no, I'd just have to listen to you whine all the time.

Watching - only really if it involves my national team, otherwise I just like checking the results.
    Playing - I've always been partial to badminton and still play it from time to time, though no longer at a club.

Don't have a favourite athlete but my favourite team is Blackpool.

The introduction post says no "views on me?" questions, he decided to do that specifically to provoke. Yeah it was harsh but I wanted to make an example of him, he'll be back on tomorrow when I wake up.

It's like this: http://i.imgur.com/jtPfc.jpg

The lightsaber dude, no competition. Can you imagine? Instant fucking toasted bread!

Because it's stupid, I don't know half of you so I would have to make up some shit and with the rest I'm not going to be honest because if there's something I don't like about you and I tell you then you'll get your panties in a twist.

Essentially, what one expects when one asks that question is a pat on the back and something flattering to make you feel good, and really, if that's what you need then learn auto-fellatio, don't expect me to do it for you. :)

Also I say that with all the love possible, I'm not pissed about the question or anything I just have better things to do than flatter people on the internet.

9. ogh3

ogh3 Well-Known Member

Views on Religion?

10. version3

version3 Is actually KappaMikey in the internet

lol hu r u lolol

What do you think of Piers Morgan?

11. venomio

venomio Member

Would you ban me, even though you love me so much?
    And would I care?

12. megashell

megashell Well-Known Member

13. Nitemare_ Plague

Nitemare_ Plague Well-Known Member

^^^^^^^^^^^Did you seriously ban Connie for that post?

14. darkrequiem

darkrequiem Well-Known Member

Browser of choice?

Opinion on RomU's community?
    This is not a "views on" question, kay.

15. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

Best thing about your work as a RomUlation admin?
    Worst thing?

16. Nitemare_ Plague

Nitemare_ Plague Well-Known Member

If you could restart RomU from square one only with the same loyal members you have now, would you? or would you rather just let is fade out as is?

17. reekon_retro

reekon_retro Well-Known Member

What's your favourite tech magazine?
    Any news on unorthodox creations?
    What happened to the CEO(girogex)?

18. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

Who's the one person you want to ban the most but was unable to for reasons?

19. Seph

I generally don't really discuss religion online because I don't know the background of the people reading and chances are I'm going to say something insensitive as I never pretend something is what it isn't. Suffice to say I'm not really a fan of organized religion and generally believe that religious belief should be held personal and private. Don't force your kids to church or religious teaching institutions if they don't want to, don't argue based on religion and don't treat people based on religion.

I think his parents played a cruel joke on him when they named him. But it's probably a standard British name.

I must be just and ban everyone, and you will love me for it.

Firefox, but mostly because I do an immense amount of web development work that touch the browser and the development tools are really far superior to Chrome ones.

Well it's no secret that I don't really like it that much. I started RomUlation at the age of 14 and to be honest the crowd that uses the forum part hasn't really changed much, people come and go but in general it's still a younger crowd. I'm not 24 years old so my maturity and interests have just grown beyond the standard shit that goes on. Couple that with the fact that I don't really do console gaming as modern consoles are totally shit and you have a PC gamer who's too old for the random section and generally just doesn't have fun on the forum.

Best thing is definitely just watching it grow, a website is essentially like your child, you love it and watching it grow and watching people use it is the best thing ever. Whenever I add something new that people receive well it always makes me happy.

Worst thing is probably the maintenance the site requires. This is from combating spam to stupid users here who bump 3 year olds threads or who have to argue about stupid shit and end up starting a flame war.

I don't really understand the question. What good would a restart do? I think maybe your question requires that the site is actually slowly fading out but that's a wrong assumption. As I mentioned earlier traffic is actually rising again and monthly posts and signups are on the rise as well. So essentially I guess I already did the "restart"?

Also a note on loyalty. If there's one thing I learned from removing NDS for two years then it's that there's no loyalty. 80% of the "loyal" members even left the forum during that period and I can't even blame them for that. The site really was dying and activity was going down, still a lot of them left because there was no longer NDS ROMs and this is also clearly reflected in the average site user. After removing NDS the general tone was no longer "RomUlation is amazing" but rather "Fuck those fags at RomUlation for removing NDS!" Like users actually felt privileged to have this shit and fuck the previous 5 years of providing NDS and fuck the fact that we still had other systems such as GBA, N64, PSX and even GameCube.

I'm probably still bitter about this and always will be. Loyalty is fickle and it definitely does not exist for a website for the far majority of users.

I don't really bother reaching tech magazines. The only actual magazine I'll read is Illustrated Science. Mostly I'll read web articles from hacker news or certain sections of reddit.

The sooner that's forgotten by everyone the better. There'll always be kids desperate for attention and when the forum gives such they'll just suck it up and keep the shit going.

No one, I can ban whoever the fuck I want to and I don't need a reason. This is not a democracy, there's no constitution of rights. If I believe banning someone would be in the best interest of the site as a whole then I will.

20. Niflheim

Niflheim Horrible evil rat

It's not that they felt "privileged", it's that you removed the main reason to visit the site. Most of the users understood why you had to do it, but a lot of them no longer had a reason to visit the site.
    I, myself, lurked the forums whenever I got bored, but I was never a part of the community. So when you removed the NDS section, I stopped using the site.
    You can't be loyal to something you're not a part of.

--

Oh, and btw, do you like ducks?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.