1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Kingdom Hearts: Recoded [NDS]

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by Kiekoes, Jun 12, 2010.

1. kingvxx

kingvxx Well-Known Member

Honestly though im psyched about the new kh coming to ds,i cannot really say it will be good.

After all

KH 1:KH coded with a few changes---->KH recoded.

Its basically almost the same.

2. johnx

johnx Well-Known Member

Yeah.
    I find it better that turn based battles
    I've seen some videos of Tales Series battle
    They look awesome.

3. Arron_zero

Arron_zero Well-Known Member

They are awesome. I'm thinking of downloading those PS! tales isos. If only they aren't so frickin large. But if you've got a PS2, I recommend Tales of the Abyss. My all time favorite PS2 game. It has everything, great story, great battles, great depth and to top it off, it's funny!!! But those PS3 tales games look awesome-fully(yea I know it's not a real word) beautiful. Too bad I don't have a PS3 =P

4. johnx

johnx Well-Known Member

I saw some videos of Tales of Abyss.
    It looks epic.

5. Arron_zero

It is xD though it is lacking in the skill departments compared to older tales games but the skills(especially after fonon change) are so pretty it doesn't matter =P Add in those overlimit skills and xD is all I can say. Wow, we're really filling up this thread with us huh. Oh well, least there's infos in our 'conversation' =P

6. johnx

johnx Well-Known Member

Well there is info
    Lets at least be a little bit on topic at times
    Hahaha XD
    Will Recoded relate to the other games?

7. Arron_zero

The whole story feels weird to me. I think it's more like a spin-off, kinda like a fan service while to keep them occupied while waiting for the next game. I wish they would develop a romance story xD but Kairi with Sora is...weird. Sora still looks like a kid and Kairi looks too old for him =P

8. johnx

johnx Well-Known Member

Yeah.
    Sora needs to grow up
    He needs to stop being such a kid.

9. Xalfrea

Xalfrea Well-Known Member

Timeline wise, it takes place right after Sora and Riku arrived back at Destiny Islands and right before Sora got the letter from Mickey. So yeah it is related.

Though if you look up on what happens in coded, you'll find it links to much much more.

10. johnx

johnx Well-Known Member

So that means you only have Riku as a partner?
    Hopefully you can play as Riku.

11. tarotmaniac

tarotmaniac Well-Known Member

yes also i want Donald and Goofy back as your partners as well, I find it odd and difficult with out help :p

12. johnx

johnx Well-Known Member

Well Donald does cure you.
    But since he's weak, most of the time he heals himself.
    But I guess Donald and Goofy can be a great help at times.

13. cloud55

cloud55 Member

Well they did say that Riku was playable, not too sure though. Read it on IGN.
    I think that having Donald and Goofy as partners again would be pretty cool too. ;D

14. johnx

johnx Well-Known Member

Really?
    Awesome.

15. Xalfrea

If you want your Riku fix, get the upcoming 3D when it comes out. It'll have both Sora and Riku playable.

Anyway, it seems that the E3 trailer shows that it's gameplay has been massively overhauled for the DS release. It now plays using the BBS gameplay.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOS-3J-y0mU

Also, a recent interview with Nomura gives light on Kingdom Hearts 3. Here's the snippet and probably the most important part of the interview:

So it's not really Nomura's fault as to why KH3 isn't coming out if. Anything, blame Final Fantasy and how it's stealing the precious KH time. Recoded and the upcoming 3D at least will give us our KH fix until the XIII craze is over.

16. johnx

johnx Well-Known Member

It sucks that it is off-screen.

17. Xalfrea

Yeah, take it or leave it, that's all we got until they officially release the zoomed in clean trailer. From what I hear E3 is a bit stingy at releasing it right now.

18. johnx

johnx Well-Known Member

Why don't they want to release it?

Also the gameplay looks cool.

19. klaimore

klaimore Well-Known Member

Another KH game for the DS? Cool.

20. Rod182

Rod182 Well-Known Member

I'll give this one a pass. I find this series painfully boring... can't care about the story and the gameplay is so lackluster compared to better action-adventure/action-RPG games.