1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Kingdom Hearts ~ Birth By Sleep ~

Discussion in 'Sony' started by Shibuku_Dogenzaka, Dec 7, 2009.

1. Shibuku_Dogenzaka

Shibuku_Dogenzaka Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

One of three apprentices to Master Eraqus, Terra, along with Aqua, are preparing to take the Master Qualification Exam when mysterious circumstances arise. A strange enemy known as the Unversed have begun appearing at the same time as one of Master Eraqus' old peers disappears.

[​IMG]

Believing there to be a connection between the Unversed, Master Xehanort's disappearance, and the fate of the Princesses of Heart, Master Eraqus instructs Terra to track down Master Xehanort and his apprentice, Vanitas.

In exchange for information leading to Master Xehanorts whereabouts, Terra begins cooperating with the Disney villains of the various worlds. Among being in cahoots with the Evil Queen, Terra also makes a deal with Maleficent, who tells him of the Princesses of Heart. Believing that by chasing and acquiring the Princesses he will in turn find Master Xehanort, Terra agrees to help Maleficent.

Terra has been said to be one who puts his goal as his top priority over everything else, and that his stress of his goals causes conflict between him and the other characters. Despite this, Terra is not to be considered a "bad fellow" . Along with his determined mindset, Terra has an equally fierce and determined fighting style. Specializing in brute strength, Terra fights with a ferocious velocity utilizing a mode exclusive to him known as "Fatal Mode". His strength is his greatest asset in battle.

His name is Latin for "Earth", a meaning he shares with Riku whose name means "Land". It has been hinted that Terra chose Riku to wield the Keyblade and that he shares a path to darkness much similar to Riku's in the original Kingdom Hearts game. What becomes of Terra and the other apprentices is one of the key mysteries of the game.

[​IMG]
    The youngest apprentice to Master Eraqus, Ventus hasn't been an apprentice long enough to qualify to take the Master Qualification Exam along with Aqua and Terra. When a threat to the worlds arise, Master Eraqus sends Terra out to track down Master Xehanort.

Afterwards, Ventus runs into Vanitas who teases Ven, saying that he may not ever see Terra again. Because of this, Ventus decides upon himself to track down Terra against Master Eraqus' wishes.

[​IMG]

When compared to the other apprentices, Ven's story is the one that is most similar to past Kingdom Hearts games. His personality is much like Sora's, in that he easily makes friends with the residents of the worlds he visits and he is able to blend in with the world's inhabitants naturally.

His fighting style is also unique from Terra and Aqua in that Ven specializes in speed and fast movements. It is through this style that he is able to utilize the mode "Speed Rave" which is exclusive to Ven.

Ventus' name is Latin for "Wind", which poses a connection to Sora's name which means "Sky". Ventus looks exactly like Sora's Nobody Roxas and while a connection between Ven and Roxas, and by extension Sora, exists, the details of this connection are currently unknown. It has been said that Ventus' identity is the main mystery of Birth By Sleep.

[​IMG]
    Master Eraqus' only female apprentice, Aqua, was set to take the Master Qualification Exam with Terra when a threat to the worlds arose. When Master Eraqus sent Terra off to find Master Xehanort, neither of them had expected Ven to chase off after Terra himself.

But when he did, Master Eraqus ordered Aqua to follow Ventus to ensure his safety.

[​IMG]

Aqua is said to be a serious character with a steady mind, although she often worries about Terra and Ven. Because of this, Aqua makes each of them charms from a Paopu fruit so that they will always find each other again, no matter what. She is an eyewitness to many of the recent events that occur, and because of that, she takes on such a standpoint.

[​IMG]

Magic is Aqua's specialty and her fighting style uses it heavily. She has the ability to teleport quickly around the battle field, as well as deploying various acrobatics such as cartwheels and back-flips in a fight. She also can utilize the mode "Magic Wish" which is exclusive to her. During this mode, she is able to control her Keyblade through telekinesis, much akin to Sora's Final and Master Forms from Kingdom Hearts II.

[​IMG]

Her name is Latin for "Water", and while Kairi's name has a similar meaning ("Sea"), it has been said that one of the apprentices holds a connection to the trio of Kingdom Hearts II. This person is believed to be Aqua. In the Japanese exclusive Kingdom Hearts II: Final Mix+ Aqua's armour and Keyblade is seen to be in the possession of Xemnas in the Chamber of Repose. What became of Aqua is one of the mysteries of the game.

-----------------------------------------------

Any thoughts on the upcoming Kingdom Hearts game? The story looks very promising, and also one that will explain things that were left to the unknown in previous KH games.​
    I just hoped that it would've been on a console rather than a hand held.

2. jadster 1996

jadster 1996 Well-Known Member

Thank you for the info :D
    Well I think birth by sleep is well suited on the psp because the game's battle system is similar to chain of memories which debuted on a hand held....who knows?We might get a game calle Kingdom Hearts Rebirth by Sleep :p
    But what I am really waiting for is to find out what the secret trailer at the end is because,according to square enix,it will hint to the next game which supposedly links Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days,Kingdom Hearts Coded,and this.

3. burnsey64

burnsey64 Member

maybe the unversed are like the nobodies.... meaning that one cannot exist without its other. terra is rikus. ven is soras and aqua is kairis. or maybe its the other way around? hmmm theres something to think about. something to think about.

4. jadster 1996

I never thought about it that way,but I doubt it's the other way around because I don't think unverse can produce heartless and nobodies.

5. burnsey64

burnsey64 Member

yes but how can terra choose riku to have a keyblade if he werent around first. thats how i came up with that theory.

6. ndsrom-peach

ndsrom-peach Well-Known Member

that ventus guy is just like roxas xD

7. jadster 1996

It has been confirmed he has a connection with sora and,indirectly,roxas who is sora's nobody.

8. burnsey64

burnsey64 Member

thats the only tiny thing that is wrong with that game. although, we didnt get long enough to play as roxas in kh2.

9. kme92

kme92 Well-Known Member

PLay the DS game and play as roxas all you like XD
    I've been exited about this game for a while now :D

10. g@l1h

g@l1h Well-Known Member

Í buy my PSP mostly for the purpose of playing this game ;D

11. Shibuku_Dogenzaka

No problem ^.^ Giving out info about upcoming games is something i like doing lol anyways i guess im just old fashioned (dude...and im only 17 o_O) but i like playing it on a bigger screen, i did play 358/2 days and i got accustomed to it, but i did want it to be on a bigger screen...for the sake of the battles ~(>,<)~

EDIT: Also...when Terra starts to co-operate with the disney villains for the sake of finding someone, it reminds me of Riku when he teamed up with Maleficent to find Sora and Kairi (but then more sortof Kairi because Riku listened to Maleficent's evil sweet nothings about Sora abandoning them for Goofy and Donald).

I dont know, this thought just popped into my head when i went over the character info again.

12. g@l1h

g@l1h Well-Known Member

All we can do is guess for now....
    I'm wondering how Square will connect the plotholes from previous games in this game.

13. Shibuku_Dogenzaka

What will be interesting is IF they decide to round up the entire series with a KH game that had a keyblade wars in it. That would sum everything up, including how the keyblade got around to sora and riku, and now kairi i guess.

14. Supie

Supie Well-Known Member

When is this coming out.

15. blaza89

blaza89 Well-Known Member

can't wait to see the nobodies somebodies (if i could say call them that), i wanna see how they were before they turn into nobodies

16. g@l1h

g@l1h Well-Known Member

One more month till it's come out. ;D
    Hope I can play this on the CFW Gen-D2

17. burnsey64

burnsey64 Member

ventus = roxas. think about it... riku asks roxas. 'do you remember your true name?' roxas cant remember. b.b.s is set 10 years BEFORE kh1. if you work it out like i did... ventus not only looks like roxas, ventus IS roxas.

18. Nick Man

Nick Man Well-Known Member

well if all 3 are like that, then terra= riku's nobody and aqua=namine

19. deank27

deank27 Well-Known Member

Isn't roxas' true name is sora? since the organization XIII members were humans until they became nobodies, and roxas is sora's nobody. and since they can't remember anything when they were human, they get a new name. well, that's what i thought when i played kingdom hearts 358/2 days

Correct me if i'm wrong since i also want to know.

20. burnsey64

burnsey64 Member

or maybe roxas isnt a nobody... he just thinks he is.