1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days (J)

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by anandjones, May 29, 2009.

1. Eraser0627

Eraser0627 Member

well ok im up to the string part but i don't knwohow to change the 0C to 37
    Post Merge: [time]1243625299[/time]
    ok i did that but whats a .bak file?

2. have you seen the '01 E2 0C' things already?
    If you have then all you have to do is just type in '37'
    If not, then Ctrl+F then type in the '01 .... etc' it'll be quicker that way.

3. ScorpioNN

ScorpioNN Member

Its the old file without the changes you made, just delete it.

4. Eraser0627

Eraser0627 Member

i changed it to 37...then what?

5. Nin10doWii

Nin10doWii New Member

Hm, relating to the question that you had, if I used a similar hex editing program, IE, Transhexlation, would I just save as a new copy? Or am I required to use UltraEdit?

6. gokuguy

gokuguy Well-Known Member

ok, i can see some r having problems. Here is an easy solution. If u have the game already, but havent cracked it yet, use this. I have tested it myself on my Acekard 2. Not sure how it will work for R4i or Acekard2i, but this is the easiest way for any others.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?hx4qvgiynyj

In that, i have uploaded an ips patch for the game. Just have something like Lips, & patch it. Works with trimmed or untrimmed roms.

7. Eraser0627

Eraser0627 Member

its working! hopefully it won't mess up whenever i geet to roxas gettign out of his bed

8. bitchass

bitchass Well-Known Member

anyone got it to work with ez flash v?

9. gokuguy

The hex hack seems to work on almost every flash card now. It should work for EZ Flash V. If u wanna try quickly, try my ips patch, instead of using UltraEdit.

10. tifachan

tifachan Member

Ok this is wierd, I fixed my R button(Works fine with other games), but it's still irresponsive for tutorials. I got it to work on that one I was stuck on, but it did it again when I was with Marluxia fighting heartless. Any fixes for this yet? (I think this is the second Anti-Piracy hack).

11. Kinnikuman

Kinnikuman Member

Uh wow i just read through all this, it's good to see progress being made.
    So anything on how i can or if the rom/edited rom works with an ez flash Vi?

12. ScorpioNN

ScorpioNN Member

I have Acekard 2 and I patched it with the Lips and it doesnt work still black screen on the bed scene....

13. gokuguy

R button: Thats not a problem my brother (has r4) or I (acekard 2) have. I dont think the Anti-Privacy has anything to do with it, because both of ours has worked great so far, & my bro has made it past Agrabah with no problems.

& ScorpioNN, which menu r u using? I use AKAIO 1.41 PROPER (Repack) from GBATemp. Also, if u made a save before patching this, delete the save & start a new one. I will also double check the rom, & if anything is wrong with it, ill fix it & make a new patch.

14. ScorpioNN

ScorpioNN Member

I will switch to AKAIO and tell you if it works...

15. bitchass

yay the thing with lips got me past the difficulty setting.

16. Okay, Patching doesn't work on EDGE, and the Ultraedit thing doesn't either. Anybody got the game working with EDGE?

17. gokuguy

I have checked my ips patched game, it works fine, even past the bed scene. Ill try loading it up with AK2 Loader on it, to see if there is a difference.

Check for EDGE firmware updates(GBATemp down now...), because that will probly be the soonest solution for that, official or unofficial, unless u find a solution on Youtube (i know, sounds wierd, but someone had a fix for Made In Ore on Youtube before anyone on GBATempposted one).

18. taelusramza

taelusramza New Member

<I>Also, if u made a save before patching this, delete the save & start a new one.</I>

Thanks much, this fixed my saving issue.

19. tifachan

tifachan Member

Apparently I'm a retard. My R button was still messed up. I just have to get a new DS, works fine on my friend's DS.

20. bitchass

^lower case "i" for that code.