1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days (J)

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by anandjones, May 29, 2009.

1. Xyttik

Xyttik New Member

This is a link to a patched rom that so far works on my R4, v1.18.

Its past the difficulty selection screen, and past where Roxas gets out of bed. I don't know if there are any points past that, but at the moment it works.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=33SC68SB

2. AAA1016

AAA1016 New Member

Is there anything for the TTDSi card??? And when we add these extras, you add it as a folder onto the memory card? Or seperate?

3. flatoutvincent

flatoutvincent Well-Known Member

i finally found a solution for the game on NO$GBA

See that NO$GBA.INP file Created After u Played a game first time u run A New NO$gba Folder?

rename it to firmware.bin

Try and see if u can play it or not ))

Cheers all

And btw This place needs more warmth and help.
    Enjoy got it from http://forums.ngemu.com/no-gba-discussion/122884-kh-358-2-solution.html

and im using NO$GBA 2.6a i dont think it maters but havent tried

4. alexong96

alexong96 Well-Known Member

the patch doesn't change the game ID.
    gokuguy checked it so the future cheats to come will work here

5. gokuguy

gokuguy Well-Known Member

Many, many cheats have already been discovered. Item unlocks, infinite codes, character mods & unlocks, ect. GBATemp has some, so does KH-Vids. I actually made 2 myself, based on others, that is.

6. Ema-tan

Ema-tan Active Member

Did I get this right?

There is yet no way to play the game on M3 Simply? I have tried many of the patches and so on, but none of them have worked for me.

If not, I guess I'll just have to wait till I get the real thing...

EDIT:
    It works!
    I downloaded the already patched version from Dueler. For some reason it didn't work on the first try, but after I rebooted my NDS once after creating the save-file, it worked just fine. I've played at least half an hour and there are no problems yet. I also shut NDS down once and the savefile is still there. Everything works really well.
    So, for anyone else with M3 Simply: I've got the "M3_Simply_English_v1.14" -software and got the patched rom from: http://dueler.blogspot.com/2009/05/ds-kingdom-hearts-3582-days-mu-rs.html
    (the link was posted earlier on this topic, but I thought it would be too troublesome to search for it since I can't remember on which page it was...)

And now I'll have to search for my kanji dictionary...

7. f-xkira

f-xkira Member

really?!?!?
    are you sure!
    yes thanks dude or err dude-ess :D
    you sure its working? :)

8. gokuguy

Someone did tell me on GBAtemp that they got it working on their M3 Simply, but wouldnt say what firmware. For others sake, i hope thats the 100% of the time fix.

9. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Well-Known Member

I've been trying to get my usrcheat.dat updated with the cheats contributed by people on the kh-vids boards. It seems to have saved properly. However, my R4 does not seem to recognise the fact that the Game ID is correct and the cheats are standard AR cheats.

So, could someone possibly upload their own, working usrcheat.dat file if they have updated it with the 358/2 cheat data?

10. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Try editing out entries with R4CCE (by Yasu, google it). If the database from http://cheats.gbatemp.net/ does not have the Kingdom Hearts cheats, look on the 'Pre-cheats thread' in the NDS Game Help board on the GBAtemp Forums, and then manually add those in. Your ROM would be patched yes?

11. Suiseiseki

GBATemp's usrcheat also has the cheats, but my ROM is still listed as having no cheats available. I hit Y, and nothing.

My ROM is patched, but the unpatched one has the same problem. It's like the cheats simply do not exist.

EDIT: Actually, the same applies to Trauma Center 2. Maybe there's a problem with the firmware or suchlike?

12. gokuguy

R4 has a cheat list problem all its own. No matter what firmware, it cant read a cheat file larger than 4mb. Anything that puts it over 4mb isnt read, so any new additions arent shown on it if it is too big.

Many of the cheats on the Pre-cheats thread are on the cheat list. The ones on KH-vids are not.

13. Suiseiseki

My problem is that anything in usrcheat.dat is unreadable, but most entries in cheat.dat are. I've created a new usercheat.dat that's 4KB big, but it is still not being read. So you're saying that if the combined size of the archives is over 4MB usrcheat.dat will not be read?

The 358/2 cheats in cheat.dat are now available, but unfortunately most of them were not the ones I wanted.

EDIT: I've got usrcheat.dat working perfectly by deleting the CHEAT.dat file entirely, which also leaves me free to manually edit the cheat file at will. Thanks for the help.

14. alexong96

Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days (J)
    GameID: YKGJ 7F96A5B7

[half bypass privacy check]
    9208AD06 0000E28D
    1208AD08 00000037
    D2000000 00000000

I just got this from GBAemp
    Idk why it's called half bypass but I hope it works.

try doing this w/out patching the game

15. gokuguy

That code was made for M3Sakura firmware specifically, but it should work for all if it works for that one. I will inspect this code with a clean rom for the next day or two, to see if it has any problems.

16. alexong96

I have checked it using a clean rom.
    Sadly,it does not work on EDGE. I doubt that it will work on other flashcarts.
    The patch does not change the game ID anyway, so the best option is to do the patch

17. anhhuy96

anhhuy96 New Member

works for me all u gotta do is download the ips patch and patch it to the rom works with me :) ;D

18. alexong96

are you talking about the code?

19. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

20. n3m3s!s

n3m3s!s Active Member

I haven't read the whole topic, only the first (its to big :p) and I'm having a problem.

I patched like the instructions that Anandjones gave, and tried to open the ROM with DESMUNE, and it opened, but it was still in Japanese... only the main menu (new game) was translated...

Is there a way to solve this small problem?!