1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days (J)

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by anandjones, May 29, 2009.

1. roxas_z

roxas_z Active Member

u hav point there

2. flatoutvincent

flatoutvincent Well-Known Member

so it should look like this kingdom hearts 358-2 (J)(nrp).nds.sav thats how my rom looks like with the (J) am i right?

3. TheStreetie

TheStreetie Well-Known Member

Well ... im thinking aboout it .../

The Akaio ive downloaded Loads itself on my DSi ... but doesnt load games through it ...

ive downloaded it a load o times ... but its just not loading - not only kingdom hearts ... but all my games ...

any help ?

4. gokuguy

gokuguy Well-Known Member

Not yet though. Im going to organize everything we have discovered on my private website, then that could be the the spot for more info, or it could all be copied to the first post.

flatoutvincent: not quite. Take off the .nds part. you arent using an acekard, ur using an emulator, which are only .sav.

Ben: Your using R4i, right? Are you using R4i firmware with AKAIO firmware? If so, since it doesnt work, try these steps by 1nferno if u havent already.

4. Download the AKAIO v1.4 from http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=4775
    5. Extract both firmwares to separate folder after the download finishes
    6. Open the r4ultra ENG_v1.54 folder then copy all the files (the files, not the folder) to your sd
    7. Open the AKAIO v1.4 folder then copy all the files (the files, not the folder) to your sd
    8. Put the sd to your r4ultra and plug it to your nds
    9. Turn on the NDS, when R4 menu show up, instead ofchoosing the games directory I select the AKMENU4.nds
    10. AKAIO menu will now appear, then I select the KH 358/2 days rom from there and play the game.

5. flatoutvincent

so this ingdom hearts 358-2 (J)(nrp).sav will try
    Post Merge: [time]1243801738[/time]
    withe the k on kingdom

6. fish_bait

fish_bait New Member

So after switching to AKAIO 1.41 on my DSI and patching with LIPS i am finally playing the game!! Many thanks to all those that contributed!!

@goku: 1.41 soft reset was L+R+A+B+Down for me... weird eh?

7. gokuguy

I was wrong, your right. I was thinking about many in game resets programmed into games that i use. There isnt one for KH...

8. flatoutvincent

nothing goku were can i get the rom from some were else?

9. afroshock

afroshock New Member

I can play the game fine on No$Cash that I downloaded from the beginning of this thread, but I can't save the game. I know how to do it, but I can't load my saves. Every time I start up the game, I gotta make a new game.

Can someone help me out?

10. wollmonster

wollmonster New Member

Hello, I have a problem... it's because of the anti piracy thing, I can't start the story missions. But I can't fix it because I have a macbook and Lunar and hexeditor only work on Windows =( Is there any other possibilty to fix it? Please help, I'm a newbie when it comes to this...
    My card is DSTT!

11. gokuguy

1. afroshock: try my sav file. Page 23, last post. Rename it & put it in the BATTERY folder.
    2. http://nip.nds-roms.com/search.php?q=Kingdom+Hearts&submit=Search
    The rom is there.
    3. I can get you a patched rom, you just have to have the newest firmware for your DSTT, Kernel 1.17. Make sure if you have a fake DSTT, that you have the fixed 1.17, that has the fake killer disabled. Look back a page or so for that version if u must.
    Post Merge: [time]1243868615[/time]
    Im uploading a .rar to Mediafire now, that has a trimmed, patched KH game, with the working sav file.

12. aguirre

aguirre Member

gokuguy,

I tried your savefile with my M3, but it doesn´t work. I´m not quite sure how many M3-variants are out there or how many different firmwares but mine seems to be different. it doesn´t work with .sav-files but with .dat-files. If I rename it that way and copy it, it is not accepted by the game. Thanks anyway!

13. wollmonster

wollmonster New Member

Somehow the download link doesn't work, but the number is 3819 so I assume it's the same that I saved? I took the one from romulation.net (not from the forum, I mean the normal one with 200 points from membership download)
    Okay, I have Kernel 1.17 now and I'm not sure if it's a fake DSTT, but I don't think so, I bought it directly in a shop and not from the internet. By patched rom you mean there is another one than the one that is up for download? °°

14. TheStreetie

Tried those ... i think its different for R4i users and Ultra users ... i found out oday they are different ... R4i is the clone based on R4 Ultra ... i had to by the clone :(

is there any custom firmware for R4i or Ultras ?

15. gokuguy

By patched rom, i mean you have to use the IPS patch on the first page to get the game to work. CycloDS is the only card with capability at this time to play the game without my patch. Im uploading a KH rom to Mediafire now, that is already fixed, or patched. The on on Romulation is called a clean rom, not patched, because it is a straight rip, no editing has been made to it, besides the file name being changed.

As for other firmware for R4i or Ultra, the only choices i know of are AKAIO, which hasnt worked, or YSMenu, made for DSTT, which also works. YSMenu is what half of the R4 users use to work this game. I cannot give a link, because the guy that gives the downloads is picky about his site being put out in public. You will have to search for it yourself. Just search for Yasu Software.

16. wollmonster

wollmonster New Member

Okay, thanks for the answer! I guess I'll just wait for the mediafire link then because I tried with the method on page 1, but it's an .exe file and I can't start it on my laptop with Mac OS, I would have to wait until I can get to a friend's who has windows. But patched Rom on mediafire is great :)

17. afroshock

afroshock New Member

hey gokuguy, your .sav isn't on mediafire anymore.
    Post Merge: [time]1243805409[/time]
    Also, the weirdest thing is that the game will only work if I have it on my desktop.

I'm using the Dueler version.

18. gokuguy

The sav is still there. Here is the link again.
    http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?nzuunhodql0

19. TheStreetie

okay thanks

20. afroshock

afroshock New Member

gokuguy, you're the man! Thank you.