1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days (J)

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by anandjones, May 29, 2009.

1. gokuguy

gokuguy Well-Known Member

wivzapex: AnandJones has not fixed the list correctly yet. Just to let everyone know, all of the cards/firmwares compatible except for CycloDS firmware must have KH patched in order to bypass the piracy checks. The new additions he placed earlier to the list he forgot to say that u need the fix for them.
    Acekard 2i does work with KH just fine, but you must have a patched rom, & use AKAIO firmware 1.41.

To patch the rom, open Lunar IPS for the first time, then X it out. Click on kh.ips. A box will pop up, asking you what file to patch. Swith the dropbox at the bottom of it from Most Common ROM Files to All Files. Find your rom, & you are done. Your game is now playable.

You just have to use the right firmwares. AK firmware wont work, you must have AKAIO.

2. wivzapex

wivzapex Member

i need to open Lunar IPS on my computer or on i my DSi?? and what is fix and firmware??

sorry i just new in dsi

3. gokuguy

None of this should be on your flash card yet. It all should be only on your computer.

First, you must have a flash card. If you dont have or know what a flash card is, forget all about patching the game to play on your DSi & dont read after this. You cant put the game on your DSi without a flash card.

Before you read past this point, you need to go find more on firmware. What firmware is, is basically a program for a flash card that makes it possible to use a flash card like it can be used, to play games, music, ect. There is different firmware for each flash card (Example: Acekard 2 has AK2 and AKAIO firmware, R4 has R4 Firmware, ect.) Depending on what card you have, go to GBATemp.net now, to find out more about the right firmware for your card.

By the fix, i meant the "patch", or the IPS file i made, which changes the game so it will bypass all points created by the company (Square-Enix in this case) to stop pirates. Basically, the IPS is one of the easiest fixes you can get for this game right now.

Now, again, to patch the game, you must...
    open Lunar IPS for the first time, then X it out.
    Click on kh.ips.
    A box will pop up, asking you what file to patch.
    Switch the dropbox at the bottom of it from Most Common ROM Files to All Files.
    Find & click on your Kingdom Hearts rom, & you are done. Your game is now playable. Just put it onto your flash card & play it.

Now, if you dont have a flash card, or dont wanna use it, you can use an emulator, which plays the games on your computer. If you use an emulator, you will not have to patch the Kingdom Hearts game. Just go to the first page, first post, & download No$GBA. You can play your game on your computer with that.

4. wivzapex

wivzapex Member

i`m using acekard2i. i`d patch it but the same problem still occure..
    is it because my firmware?? can you give me the link for AKAIO firmware plzz?
    and do i need to save it at the root of my SD card?

5. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

gokuguy: I was just too lazy to add fix below to every entry. Done anyway.

6. gokuguy

Here is the link to the AKAIO's newest, fixed firmware.
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=5802
    Just download that, extract the files from the rar its in, & do these 3 things.
    1. Delete _ak2 folder
    2. Delete akmenu4.nds
    3. Copy new _aio folder & akmenu4.nds to the root of your sd.
    And if you still want other games to load by the AK firmware, if you think it worked better, you can set it in each game settings on the menu. Basically, AKAIO has AK2 firmware as well.
    What you will be patching is the Kingdom Hearts Game, not the AK2i or firmware. Just download the Kingdom Hearts game now, & use my instructions on how to patch it.
    Post Merge: [time]1243755411[/time]
    Thanks Anandjones. It wasnt anything major, i had just thought that wivzapex was confused from how the cards differed on the list, so i explained it. Thanks again.

7. wivzapex

wivzapex Member

gokuguy, thank you very much!!!
    i`m glad there are kind people like you...
    thanks for teaching me..

but...

i`d do all the things and the problem still not solved

why???? =(

8. mzcarmenx3

mzcarmenx3 Member

how do i patch the game

9. flatoutvincent

flatoutvincent Well-Known Member

how about u guys (the ones that keep asking how do i) go back and read from page 1

10. rootbear1286

rootbear1286 New Member

I can confirm that the patch works on the G6 Real.

11. roxas_z

roxas_z Active Member

soo it says tht the fake
    dstt has to be
    DSTT Fake (AKAIO 1.4)
    soo how can i get it ?
    plz help ...
    Post Merge: [time]1243755904[/time]
    i hav dstt fake card firmware 1.17
    so wht to do u said

DSTT (Kernel 1.17)
    DSTT Fake (AKAIO 1.4)
    soo wht to do ?
    can u help me or anyone ?

12. marafi

marafi Well-Known Member

I still cnt play it. Downloaded the NDS ROM: 3819 - Kingdom Hearts 358-2 Days - Japan and trying to use it on the no$gba and it still doenst work any ideas?

13. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Marafi, make sure you have the clean copy of the game:
    https://www.romulation.org/NDS/3819_-_Kingdom_Hearts_358-2_Days_(J)(NRP).rar.html/

Download the patched no$gba 2.6 version from the First post in this thread:
    http://anandjones.romulation.net/files/no$gba2.6.rar

Extract them, run no$gba.exe, choose the ROM. It should work without issues.

If there are any issues, please try to be specific with your problems, not just "It Doesn't Work"

14. TheStreetie

TheStreetie Well-Known Member

R4i's and R4 ultra's problem may be due to to fact your SD Cards capacity is higher than a 4gb.

does anyone who has it working on an R4i or an R4 ultra have 8gig< ?

can we confirm that R4i's/ultras dont work on high capacity cards ?

15. 1nferno

1nferno Member

I can confirm that this method works on my R4ultra with 2gb micro sd and 8gb micro sd. I have tested it with 2 micro sd (2gb & 8 gb) and both of them can play the game. So, I think the size of the sd isn't a problem.
    I'm using the rom from romulation (patched with ips, of course), the latest firmware from r4ultra.com (v1.54), and the AKAIO firmware v1.4 that keanos gave. The AKAIO v1.4.1 proper repack won't work on this, so don't use it. Just use AKAIO v1.4.

What i did I just copy all the files from both firmware (r4ultra v1.54 & AKAIO v1.4) to my sd.
    Then, when I turrned on my ds I select AKMENU4.ds. Then AKAIO menu will show up. Play the KH game from there.

Hope this helps.

16. TheStreetie

on your 8 gig do you have many other games on there ?

17. marafi

marafi Well-Known Member

Thanks TirithRR..

OMD this is funny all i needed was the firmware for no$gba to get rid of the black screen! Dam this game is WICKED! LOVE it and thanks for the rom!

18. 1nferno

1nferno Member

yes, many other games. About 4 gb space used for other roms in my 8gb sd.

Have you patched your game with ips ?

19. TheStreetie

20. aivan

aivan New Member

Please, can anyone make me a save file? Or lead me how I can find one.

For some reason my Cyclo has troubles creating the .sav file and just gets stuck on the loading screen.

This is for the clean dump, if that matters.