1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days (J)

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by anandjones, May 29, 2009.

1. alexong96

alexong96 Well-Known Member

KH doesn't work on EDGE. I selected new game then some japanese words appear, I selected one of them then the screen turned black but it didn't freeze.
    EDGE the latest firmware is still 1.45 ( I think ). they haven't updated for some time now.

2. poobumhole

poobumhole New Member

the rom

Post Merge: [time]1243738172[/time]

3. gokuguy

gokuguy Well-Known Member

(Im sorry, I use Yahoo Messenger too much... :p)

It seems that EDGE cards are tricky, or so it seems to me... I am going to have to just say that it needs the patch. It hasn't seemed to hurt anyone's gameplay yet, so I would just go ahead & patch the game if I had an EDGE card.

For the rom, first of all, you must have a program like Winrar to unzip the .rar. It is compressed, so you must have a program like that to decompress the rom & extract it. Second, you must get the patch & the patcher (Lunar IPS) from the first page. Patch the rom, & play it.

4. alexong96

alexong96 Well-Known Member

lol.I'll just have to wait for the code fix so the game ID won't get changed for future cheats to come. I'm sorry if I'm impatient

5. TheStreetie

TheStreetie Well-Known Member

Nope professor layton doesnt work :(

shall i try AKAIO Firmware 1.41 like u sed to do earlier if it doesnt work ?

6. gokuguy

If 1.41 loads on it, i would say yes. That is what i use for mine.

7. TheStreetie

If it loads on R4 ultra?

8. poobumhole

poobumhole New Member

ok, i have gotten the patcher, again i dont know how to use it. ive extracted it, the first part is done i just need help explained for the secound part..

9. TheStreetie

Okay put akaio 1.14 on r4ultra it worked... tried to boot up the game and it went loading -blue to green - then froze :(

when i try with another game sonic rush ,, its done the same ...

still no kingdom hearts for me :(

10. Luga

Luga Well-Known Member

Did you guys read my post on the comnents on the game? It has the stuff to type into google to find a working KH:358/2 Days download that has the Anti-Piracy removed. It is a blog Spot page. Go to the KH:358/2 Days game page on RomUlation>Comments>Ctrl+F>"Luga">find the post!>Type in google>Go to Blogspot Page>Download>Enjoy!

#I am currently on Day 71!

11. TheStreetie

Not helpful im afraid ... those dont work for everyone ...

12. gokuguy

Ok, to patch Kingdom Hearts, you have to download Lunar IPS & kh.ips from the first page of this forum, on the first post.
    Open Lunar IPS, & close it. Now, open the IPS patch, kh.ips. The box that says "Files of Type:", change Most Common ROM Files to "All Files". After this, find your Kingdom Hearts rom, & click that. You will get a message that it patched successfully. You are done, & if you are using one of the compatible firmwares or cards, you may play with no problems now.

Ben, I'm sorry, for I dont know why it won't work for you. If I can get the attention of the original person that got KH working on R4 Ultra, I'll either tell him to put it here, or I will put it here myself.

Luga, that has the same thing done on it as the other 2 methods of fixing the game have. It has no difference, its just the rom pre-edited. My brother is on Day 227 with my patch.

13. TheStreetie

aww .. thas okay (Y)

i think your right about the 8gig thing ...

... this'll sound bonkers and extremo noobish but ... could it possibly be what im unraring with ?

im using the free extract rar frog thing ...

Hey goku ... i found this http://akaio.gbatemp.net/loaders/ loaders for the akaio firmware..

will it work ?

EDIT-: IT DONT WORK EITHER :(:(:(:(:( I Tried all three ... then when i click on the game it says unsupported device ....

im going to goout tomorow and buy a 2gig memory card in hope that will work ,,, it has nothing to do with the fact im using an english DSi ?

14. gokuguy

It has nothing to do with an English DSi. I have never heard of that "frog" rar extractor. I would recommend getting a trial for Winrar, & trying that before getting a new SD. The SD solution might work, because i have also noticed on my 4gb card, it takes a small chunk more time to save & load stuff than my brother's high speed 2gb toshiba card does.

Also, this might only be my problem, but after i put KH patched on my AK2, Animal Crossing Wild World hasnt worked since. Im not sure why.. It could just be something with the rom itself that is messed up that i need to redownload, but i was wondering if anyone else has had this problem with AKAIO firmware with KH.

15. alhanelem

alhanelem Member

7zip is a great rar extractor but it extrats other files too and its free!
    Post Merge: [time]1243751020[/time]
    ps does anyone know wat 2 do on day 73 i think where pence is underground and olette and hayner are together in the sandlot. i have no idea wat i hav 2 do, can anyone help?

also ive checked the patch on the front page and it does work on the r4 but 4 some reason the first time i saved it it got deleted and i had to start from the beginning but this only happened once.

16. gokuguy

7zip is good too, & will work. I just prefer Winrar.

17. wivzapex

wivzapex Member

i`m usingacekard 2i and i@d downloaded the game..
    but when i start the game, after the title screen and after i choose the level mode,
    the screen goes black... why?????????

can anyone help me??
    plzz.. a.s.ap

18. Blade5406

Blade5406 Well-Known Member

search the forum please...

everyone's got almost the same problem...

19. pyrokinetic

pyrokinetic Member

um how to patch R4?
    sorry comp noob

20. wivzapex

wivzapex Member

sorry but i really don`t know how to patch
    can anyone teach me plzz??
    i`d download Lunar IPS & kh.ips

what should i do next??