1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days (J)

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by anandjones, May 29, 2009.

1. TheStreetie

TheStreetie Well-Known Member

Wouldnt know where to look for that sorta thing ... me = slightly nooby

2. gokuguy

gokuguy Well-Known Member

Hmmm... an AR code MIGHT fix it, but i had no luck with it last night. U would have 2 wait for Narin.

If u HAD to get another card, id suggest Acekard2 or Acekard2i (AK2 is less expensive if u have DS or DSL). Very easy to use, great game compatibility, no AR code list errors like R4s have, & its one of the cheapeast out now. Just get AKAIO firmware with it, & ur set. AKAIO has updates as quickly as possible whenever a game has a problem. When there is a fix for it, AKAIO usually has an update for it very soon.

I would recommend getting it from Dealextreme.com, because of the cheap price & free shipping, but lately, they havent been so hot with the Acekards right now. My older brother ordered one almost 2 months ago, still hasnt came, even though thats where i got mine from. Look on GBATemp's partner sites for one, they are trusted sites. Whatever u do, DONT GET ANOTHER R4 CLONE!...

About R4 Deluxe, id say like i did for TheStreetie. Try an alternative firmware first, like YSMenu has a conversion for R4 cards. If that doesnt work, get a good, cheap flash card, like Acekard 2.

3. rekeeb

rekeeb New Member

cant you just give us a pacthed file plz for r4 i want to play this game ??? ::)

4. gokuguy

On GBATemp, in the forums, just go on firmwares, R4DS, & find R4Sauto as a sticky thread (top thread). R4Sauto is an easy way to change R4DS firmware to have YSMenu firmware as an alternative, either replacing Moonshell button, or making it like a normal game. GBATemp is down now, but when it comes back up, check that. What i recently read, was that R4 Ultra & R4i can use YSMenu like this. Maybe R4 Deluxe can too. For both of u, when u do decide to do it, back up ur firmware before doing anything, to make sure nothing terrible happens.

Uploading sites take too long to download from. Look on the first page. My IPS patch works just fine for R4 as well. Very Simple.

5. TheStreetie

TheStreetie Well-Known Member

i know ... i was silly for buying a bloody clone :-\

and okay thanks goku ... i may need help on what to do so ill post back here later ;)

6. machbanisher

machbanisher New Member

So for EDGE once I upgrade the firmware i will have no more black screen or will I have to patch my ROM as well?

7. gokuguy

U still have to patch rom, but u need newest firmware as well. Sorry. Its easy to patch the rom. Its 3 easy steps.

1. Download it. (Download clean copy of KH, Lunar IPS & KH IPS Patch, Patches on first page)
    2. Patch it. (Open PATCH, not program, use dropbox & click All Files, Find ur KH rom, & click that)
    3. Play it. (After Firmware is updated, just play the game. Nothing else needed)

8. killakev

killakev Member

Bleh r4 ultra 1.54 not working =/ well it just freezes when roxas gets up from bed.Any fix for this atm?

9. gokuguy

killakev, read back a bit. On page 17. Do what i told others that had R4 Ultra & R4 Deluxe.

10. killakev

killakev Member

Sadly im lost regarding which post you are refering to(went to page 17) i tried loading ysmenu but when i did that i just get stuck on Loading screen =/

11. GSLinux

GSLinux New Member

I have M3 Sakura firmware version 1.35 (March 15 2009) and it works perfectly, currently playing on Day 72.

12. gokuguy

Thanks GSLinux.

CONFIRMED Working on:
    Cyclods (new firmware needed, No patch needed)
    Acekard 2 (AKAIO Firmware 1.41)
    Acekard 2i (AKAIO Firmware 1.41)
    M3Real (M3 Sakura v.1.35)
    R4 (v.1.18)
    R4 Vol. 2 (clone) (v.1.18)
    R4 SDHC (clone) (Firmware 1.25)
    N5 (N5 Firmware v 1.30)
    EZFlash V (?Kernel 1.90 openbeta11?)
    EZFlash VI (?Kernel 1.90 openbeta11?)
    Supercard DSOne (?SuperCard DS ONE OS 3.0 SP7?)
    DSTT (Kernel 1.17)
    EDGE (?Firmware 1.45?)
    ITouchDS (?ITouch v3.2?)

Unverified:
    M3 Simply
    R6 Gold (Probly dont need this...)
    G6 (Or this...)
    Supercard DSOnei

Unable:
    R4 Ultra/R4i (for now)
    R4 Real (For now)

13. Efanites

Efanites New Member

Hi, I have an R4 pro (another fake r4)
    But I've used the Akaio firmware instead of the r4 one and it works XD
    I'm up to chapter 72 at the moment.
    The how to on this is here: http://www.ozmodchipsfaq.com/wiki/index.php?title=R4DS_Pro

14. gokuguy

Thanks Efanites! That was another choice I was going to give when GBATemp came back up, but u came with an alternate link. Thanks Again!

On that link, the bottom is where it tells u how to put AKAIO on it, if anyone else is wondering. Im going to make that myself, then upload it for whoever needs it.

15. killakev

killakev Member

@gokuguy

Think that will work with the r4 ultra issue(im currently using 1.54 r4ultra) Will AKAIO work for the kingdom hearts roxas bed freeze?

16. lloydw1567

lloydw1567 Member

GOKUGUY........ ILOVE you so muchi can't describe it in words, it's just to beatiful (Absolutely NO homo when i say this) IT FRIKEN WORKS BABY!!!!!!! ysmenu is the way to go on the r4deluxe soo anyone else hoping for that, rjoice it's currently working for me and i'm checking it over as you read. hopefully no more problems occur. THANKS again gokuguy.... you're a GOD to me now!!!

also check out this link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITMs7nmXSLc
    thanks go out to Shiny togesphere for the upload!!

17. killakev

killakev Member

I cant seem to setup the ysmenu correctly,And i cant find a pre customized (for r4clone) ysmenu so i keep getting Loading screen =/

18. gokuguy

Im uploading the newest version of AKAIO now, the version i use, in R4 format. & Yes, this should fix ur problem, & everyone else that had R4 Ultra/i or Deluxe. All u do is extract the files in the rar, & put them on ur card. U overwrite _DS_MENU.DAT with the new one. Back up your firmware on ur pc first, because i have not tested this, so i dont know if this will work or not.

Im glad that worked 4 u lloydw1567. That is going on the list, & it NEEDS to be put on the first page when AnandJones comes back. So, now we know that YSMenu (on R4) will play it on Deluxe. It MIGHT work on R4 Ultra as well, but its easier to just use the AKAIO im uploading.

Here are links:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NIOBMS0X
    http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?zbmg0zynmz2

19. I have EDGE, and it's working just fine with me. no hang ups or anything, should I still patch it like you said? I just got the newest firmwire, then bam. it's working. just wondering...

20. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

If it's working, you don't need to modify the game at all.

Modifying and patching are only used if it's not working.