1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days (J)

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by anandjones, May 29, 2009.

1. flatoutvincent

flatoutvincent Well-Known Member

i got the one i just posted from https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=17840.50 here soooooo.

2. ray13j

ray13j Well-Known Member

Wait sorry i meant the m00ny person

3. flatoutvincent

4. GSLinux

GSLinux New Member

Patched and works(up to now) on M3 DS Real with latest Sakura Firmware.

5. Duelers version freezes at the same point on my M3 SD. *sigh*

6. 1nferno

1nferno Member

does the rom from dueler works on r4 ? can anyone confirm it ? thanks :)

7. gokuguy

gokuguy Well-Known Member

Tell me if it works after the bed scene GSLinux. That seems to be the main point that certain cards mess up on with the patch. If it does after that, ill add it to the list.

& jediknightjace, does the M3SD have an auto patching feature on it? Also, what firmware r u using? GSLinux said Sakura seems to work.

8. ray13j

ray13j Well-Known Member

Lols duelers works fine on my r4, and i hope that m00ny guy did'nt upload a virus.

9. zeeron134

zeeron134 Member

Hey im new at this kinda stuff, im not a pro at these kinds of thing but ive downloaded this ROM and im not sure exactly whats going on,

To put it blunt, Can you tell me how to get past the black screen etc in simple terms that i would understand?, and explain anything i need to download and what to do with it? Please dont kill me i'm new at this xD

Thanks in Advance :)

10. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Please note that Normmatt stated he fixed Kingdom Hearts in the latest build of AKAIO, without having to do anything else. Kingdom Hearts was different in terms of protection on the overlay files.

11. M3SD can't use the Sakura firmware. I'm on the latest english firmware (v35). As for auto patching, I don't believe it has it.

12. gav_93

gav_93 Active Member

Preety simple the rom has anti piracy on it to stop people playing it, although i and others managed to patch it within two hours of release and are playing it.

13. zeeron134

zeeron134 Member

ah i see, i have downloaded the patch but dont understand how to use it, Would you mind explaining it to me?

Thanks in Advance

14. gokuguy

I have to leave soon, so here are instructions on how to patch KH with my patch, easy terms.

1. Download Lunar IPS. Just search for it.
    2. Download KH 358/2 Days from Romulation site. U can trim or rename if u like, but not required.
    3. Download my patch. U can find it on page 8 as a megaupload link.
    4. Double click my patch. A window will pop up. Click the drop down arrow & choose All Files.
    5. Find & double click the KH game u downloaded. It will patch it automatically. After it says patch successful, its ready to play, nothing else needed.

I read what Normatt said, & i was unable to find that firmware. No one stated or gave a link or area of it either, so im assuming that it was deleted, or hidden within the forums of GBATemp.

15. flatoutvincent

ty very much gokuguy ill try it if the 1 im DLing right now isnt patched like they said its it was

16. gav_93

gav_93 Active Member

the easiest method in my opinion is to download ultraedit open kingdom hearts rom in there, then find the following section with ctrl F, 01 E2 0C 51 00 0D

Change the 0C to 37. Works on R4 and might work for other carts as well, then once saved, copy the rom/nds file with the BAK file which you will get once saved to the ds and it worked for me.

17. gokuguy

With my ips patch, none of that is needed. I made the patch because i was unable to find the string myself & thought, " This is bs, i use search, & it cant find it!?!?!? Forget it, ill use the KH Patch." When i did, it took the longest time to get it working as well. It also sort of screwed my pc, made it go very slow for a while. With this ips patch, there is no need to wait extra time to get UltraEdit either. Basically, its ur choice. If u use hex editors anyway, & have UltraEdit, go ahead & use that. If u dont, its quicker with my patch.

18. gav_93

gav_93 Active Member

This method is just as good if not better, if you dont mind me asking what day are you on, on KH

19. gokuguy

Im not far, but my bro that used it is on Day 72.

20. gav_93

gav_93 Active Member

IM on Day 74 :p im stuck though, hayner, pence and olette talking about something if anyone could help me
    Post Merge: [time]1243639128[/time]

gokuguy.... u got msn ?? talk easier
    Post Merge: [time]1243635804[/time]
    Somebody talk on this board plz lol