1. This forum is in read-only mode.

kindney stones suck!!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by gameboy5.0, Aug 5, 2009.

1. alexong96

alexong96 Well-Known Member

But only some rich countries have that, right?

My classmate just got operated because of kidney stones.

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

I would expect ultrasound to be a lot cheaper than surgery. The equipment probably isn't cheap to buy, but in terms of operating costs, ultrasound should be a lot cheaper. and safer

3. Reider

Reider Modereider

Congratulations on experiencing the closest thing to labor a man can experience. :D

Really though, I feel your pain. I had those before too and they had me drugged up on morphine for 5 hours after they made me go through 3 agonizing hours of pain. =/

4. fahsky

fahsky Well-Known Member

Ow, kidney stones really suck. ;_; Hope you get them out somehow, at least semi-painlessly.

My brother had a few a while back, & his doctor's advised him it might be because he drinks A LOT of Gatorade, which could of lead to a buildup of salt & other minerals that his kidneys simply couldn't keep up with filtering.

So anyway, just try & stick to water & juices, tea, healthy liquids. And try to avoid a lot of salty/sugary foods too, like others have said. Feel better soon. ^^

5. Mario94

Mario94 Well-Known Member

Get well soon

6. MadmanNero

MadmanNero Well-Known Member

I feel for you as well, I had my first bout about 2 years ago this Christmas. And like Reider stated its the closest thing a man can have that compares to a woman being in labor. I guess mine wasn't too severe I was miserable for 2 days and finally went to the ER and they jacked me up with Morphine and gave me a bunch of screens to piss through to catch the stones when I was sent home, drank gallons of cranberry juice and to this day I can't stand the taste of it. But from what they told me it may have formed from drinking too much milk and caffeine products (soda,energy drinks). I cut back on all of that and so far haven't had any problems since.

7. GlidingGoose

GlidingGoose Well-Known Member

Drinking water is good for it because its some kind of calsum build-up and you need to clean it out

8. ggrroohh

ggrroohh Well-Known Member

I remember my dad had them too.I still wonder why he still keeps it though (Its in one of those medicine containers)

9. GlidingGoose

GlidingGoose Well-Known Member

We have ours in a vegemite container