1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Killing animals? House pets especially?

Discussion in 'Rants' started by kamage, Feb 12, 2008.

1. Solus

Solus Well-Known Member

Euthanising is still considered murder. And no ulta, it's not good to keep someone in coma alive. But it's worse to pull the plug on them. I'm not sure if it's true but I hear that sometimes people who are in coma may still be aware of what's going on. Just that they can't wake up. And what if the person would not choose to have you euthanise him? While you are about to end their life, they could be screaming for you to stop.

2. ultra

ultra Guest

5 years in a coma, maybe 10,20,30,40,50,60,70 years. how many years would you like before you say yes to their death?

3. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

coma people is not suffering in anyway, nor they can feel any, so my logic doesnt apply, murdering only a perfectly healthy person is definaly wrong, but IF ending a dying (without hope to recover, and he or she is suffering) person's life is murder, then something is really wrong with the world's logic.

IIRC after certain lenght of time, doctor will take it as hopeless and ask the family's permission to pull the plug...of couse the family can continue to pay the hospital bill and keep that person alive

4. nisbahmumtaz

nisbahmumtaz Well-Known Member

At least they don't harm cats!!

Yay kittie mods in Oblivion!!!

(I only read the first page though so correct me by quoting my hyper comment)

5. sir spamalot

sir spamalot Well-Known Member

brutal... possibly the goriest thing i've seen, i've already linked it to several people (as requested)

true, the animal probably wouldn't show mercy... but do most animals understand that concept? a male lion will willingly kill off its own male kin if it feels it'll be a threat to its dominance in later age. ts instinctive...

in humanity's case, it's "because it's fun!". the idea was actually piloted in the doctor who episode "Last of the Time Lords" where future human kind travel back to the past and kill their ancestors purely because its fun. i won't go ito much detail, because i'd be going off topic a little...

and i don't think its a matter of "killing an animal that shows no malice towards you", it's almost becoming a fashion statement among some jerks who feel it makes them look tough if they take pot-shots at or kill it. it's happened here, where swans (which pose no threat to humans and are nice to look at) have been found beheaded. some young teens (younger than me) seem to think it cool and fun to do something like that.

i mean, in that video, they only wanted to skin the animals as quickly as possible (and with as little damage to the skin). they might've been poor farmers looking to earn a bit of cash to spend on food (or i could be mistaken and they're just total assholes who deserve to sleep with fishes... i won't know, the vid is kinda biased against them) - the answer would be to get people to earn money in different ways that don't involve this

but of course, nobody will. and i think animal cruelty will continue to happen, it's been happening for as long as humanity has existied - people have killed larger creatures just to prove how strong they are. i don't think it'll ever end, i hope it does end... but it's unlikely to in my lifetime.

wow, massive post :D

6. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Not quite true, a dominant male lion will kill off any cubs when he takes over a pride (I can't remember if its just the males or both sexs) and any pregnant lionesses will reabsorb their unborn cubs, effectively killing them. the dominant male then mates with the lionesses (4 days mating per lioness) and the cubs that are born are his, unless some other male takes over the pride, in which case they are killed. If the males survive to an age where they can fend for themselves, they are thrown out of the pride to do just that. At no point in this stage are they any threat to the dominant male, the cubs are young adolescents when they are thrown out. If they did challenge the dominant he could kill them very easily.

7. BloodVayne

BloodVayne Well-Known Member

@ the video : that's....cold-blooded... No living thing deserves that kind of abuse.
    @euthanasia:
    Granted, the majority of people who descend into a coma don't recover. Out of ones that do only a fraction recover to full awareness (others recover to limited awareness).
    But , might I point out that a coma is different from a persistent vegetative state which differs from brain death. A coma, simply, is a profound state of non-consciousness. While a persistent vegetative state [PVS] is a condition in which a coma has progressed to a state of wakefulness ("awake") without awareness. Brain death is the irreversible end of all brain activity. Although you might think they (PVS & brain death) are one and the same, people in a PVS state are shown to exhibit SOME brain activity, while a brain dead person does NOT exhibit any brain activity at all (medically and legally dead). When you are in PVS, you are medically and legally still alive. This is the "gray area" that leads to so much controversy.

8. Luk7nk4

Luk7nk4 Well-Known Member

I'm sorry if i'm revivng this topic, but the stuff that happens is just horrible. I have NOT seen the video (in the similar topic) or the pictures that were linked, i can just as well imagine how they look, because the news in my country are just full off people killing animals "for fun" and the people who kill even take vids and photos of the mutilated animals and are viewed as cool/awesome/kickass by other, similarly thinking, people (?).

Why, JUST WHY are animals considered as "things" instead of living beings? What's so great about torturing and killing them? I don't understand this.

Even though my neighbour's dog has bitten me twice in the leg and i had to go to the hospital several times, i still don't hate the dog, i HATE the neighbor for not being able to handle the animal. It's not a reason to kill the dog, but to discipline the owner (who beats the dog regularly).

Someone should actually get off his ass and make a law that punishes people severely for killing/torturing animals. In my country it's like this: If someone would kill my pet, it's the same thing like breaking my TV. WTF?!

This is the same when it comes to testing cosmetics on animals. Why can't they test their shitty stuff on people? Criminals with a life sentence would do great. Instead people torture animals. Same thing goes for fashion. Why do they have to kill animals for the fur? Can't they just make a synthetic fur? We are living in times of nuclear reactors and space research, yet we still can't value life? This just makes me sad.

I once again apologize for breaking any rules. I just had to reply to this.

9. x9x9x

x9x9x Well-Known Member

You didn't break any rules but great job reviving this (I've revived like 2 recently anyways...)

It's completely true that there are better ways and things to test cosmetics on, such as prisoners. I think it's more our fear for animals such as big dogs that causes people to feel the need to 'discipline' animals like that. It's the reason why here in the UK they have a specific list of dogs that are banned else the owner can be arrested.

Also on the euthanasia point raised over a year ago (lolwut?!), i think i'd want to be killed mercifully if I was in a constant state of pain and suffering. Not so much if I was in a coma, or in a PVS but If i was brain-dead or in a constant cruel position then I would want a family member to kill me

10. c740

c740 Well-Known Member

they killed the dog cause they just wanted to stuff they're belly its wrong cause according to law that killing dog's for their meat is an abuse to dogs this people didn't test cosmetics or were afraid of the animal this people did it to satisfy themselves.

11. Blade5406

Blade5406 Well-Known Member

The one thing that was really wrong here was killing the dog in one of the most traumatizing method in front of a young kid and the owners...

I've butchered chickens before just because of that tradition we have to keep, had to crack their neck
    not in public though, it's demoralizing

12. northofpolaris

northofpolaris Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I do wonder though if many of you who are arguing against killing any animals have ever stepped on a spider or other arachnid or other insects (horse shoe crabs count as arachnids I'm afraid), or maybe just took an anti-biotic or got over a cold. I just want to know where you draw the line at was is ok to kill and what isn't, what is alive and what isn't.

And before you ask and get into it, no, I don't kill anything without a reason. I do eat meat and crap loads of it and don't even think about being a vegetarian. I figure that the meat is already there, and if I don't eat it, it'll end up in some trash bin in the back of the market. It's like some guy mugging you in a back alley, shooting you in the stomach (you bleed out for several hours and die painfully) then he walks up to you, takes your wallet and says "you know what, I feel that this is wrong". Then he tosses your wallet backs to you, and walks away from your corpse.

Sure, sure, sure- we can all stop eating meat and they would make less and less and less and so on, but hey, what are those teeth about one tooth away from your front teeth? Kinda sharp aren't they? I guess it's for biting lettuce in half. I guess you could even argue that we should just go out and hunt on our own or something to cut down on animal cruelty. But before I get to that, I recommend you all read the first book I listed, and in it's entirety. I'll wait.
    Post Merge: [time]1244915870[/time]
    I would want to be taken out awkwardly in public where I would make people feel uncomfortable. I would also demand that my care taker tell everyone they should be ashamed for staring, and make them feel like they are very bad people. I think all kinds of testing should be done on inmates! I'm fed up with prisons just being school for criminals- but that's another discussion.

13. GlidingGoose

GlidingGoose Well-Known Member

dam! ........Humans suck!

14. redoperator

redoperator Well-Known Member

killing animals inhumanely is wrong... they have a life and they are part of a family