1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Killing animals? House pets especially?

Discussion in 'Rants' started by kamage, Feb 12, 2008.

1. iamlegend

iamlegend Well-Known Member

Not saying I could outrun one....but they can only keep up that speed for 100 meters...

2. Born2killx

Born2killx Well-Known Member

I don't think so. We're going to tire much faster anyways.

3. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

they can only do 50MPH for a short time, yes, but they can also sustain a speed far higher than a human can run. Even elephants can run faster than a human.

4. iamlegend

erm.....not a wizard

5. Loonylion

lions can sustain something over 20MPH for an extended duration.

6. iamlegend

Yeah...ok...well anyway....I wouldn't try outrun a lion....I'd shoot it dead before that thought even entered my head...

7. Loonylion

more often than not it takes more than one shot to kill a lion. and generally after the first shot you've pissed it off and signed your own death warrant.

8. iamlegend

One badly placed shot maybe...
    Anyway....I'm not going near any lions or bears or hippos or anything....so we can forget about it...
    But if I do....
    I will survive ;D

9. Loonylion

yeah, if you sing as badly as Tina; you'll scare off every living creature for miles :p

And back on topic, I think anyone who abuses animals should be shot. By me. In the head. With an Elephant gun :D

10. iamlegend

Arghh....Loony, I'm disappointed in you....

It was Gloria Gaynor ;D

11. Loonylion

they're both equally bad, so who cares which it was? :p Before my time anyway

12. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

Thats the worst attitude ever.

In Africa the Lions for example are dominant, but unlike us humand they know that they only need to kill 2 zebra a day to feed thier pride. They know that if they rape and pillage then thier will eventually be no zebra left and they will all starve and die. Humans on the other hand have trouble grasping this fact.

And as a bit on the side, a few thousand years ago humans were not the dominant, Sabretooth cats were. They actually had, at one point, stunted the evolution of man. It took another group to migrate up from the south (HomoHabilis , user of tools) to free the group of (homo...uh..crap forgot). But anyway the basics is that things can change. Either we wipe everthing out and our population crashes (currently happeing and most likely) or we learn to live with nature. Its called sustainability for a reason. Without it we cant sustain our population (actually at the moment we are so ever populated we really cant).

13. kamage

kamage Well-Known Member

Before teaching me to stand still from chasing alion...I'd run on instinct...its weird okay?

14. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

o.k here is my though....

if killing animal is as bad as everyone think it is, then why are we eating chicken, turkey, lamb and cow?...even though they are food, but neverless they are animal and IF killing them is o.k, then what make thier live less valuable then other animal? even though they are raise to be our food, thier are still life....

i always found people opinion like "killing animal is wrong" or "eating meat is wrong" or even "stem cell research is wrong" is funny.

for people who think killing animal is wrong, then what about chicken? they are animal too, what make them less valuable then other animal?

for people who think eating meat is wrong, then what about vegetable? sure vegatable is plant, they doesnt bleed or move or feel pain or even roar, but they are still life form, so what make eating them so right?

for people who think stem call research is wrong, then i ask waht make them so wrong? even they are Human life, but they arent fully develop yet into human, they are just a bunch of living cells, then if using them in research is wrong, then we should stop using bacterias or lab rats in our research...those are life as well.

and I always fail to understand why people love to hang on to a life even when they are suffering, a good example is my granny, she have alot of health issue and stay at ICU til her death, she is cleary suffering from it she cant even sit up to take solid food why my mom wont put her life into end? even though it's sad to let her go, but wont it be sader to see that she is suffering badly? or it is you hope that she would recover when she is clearly is hopeless....at the end, my granny die painfully because she suffer til the end, and my mom call it a peaceful death......

you may call me heartless, but i told my mom that i wont let her go though the same suffering as my granny....and i also will told my kid in the future so they will do the same thing to me.......

15. Solus

Solus Well-Known Member

Assisted suicide is called Euthanasia. Which certain religions find wrong and considers it a sin as you are still taking away a life. According to some religions, god determines the fate of your life including how and when you die. Euthanising someone seems as if you are defying him. As for killing livestock, I find it is okay as long as it is necessary. We kill farm animals because we need food to survive. As for those people who kill animals just because they serve no purpose is wrong. That, is not necessary.

16. Loonylion

euthanasia is also illegal in some countries, I'm not entirely sure on what grounds though; but euthanising someone in the UK will have you in court on a murder charge.

17. drea2906

drea2906 Active Member

In Canada...Nothing like that ever happens, although alot of Pit Bulls have been put down over the past 3 years because they are attacking young children. But you know, its not the dogs fault, the dog thinks its play time and the parents of these children should teach them how to approach a dog.

18. Loonylion

owning a pit bull is illegal in the UK, they're considered vicious.

19. ultra

ultra Guest

even if you've been in a coma for years and don't wake up, it's still a good thing to keep them alive?? wow!!??

20. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

so its o.k to let your love ones suffer til death? and its wrong to free them from thier suffering?....that logic doesnt make sense to me.