1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Killing animals? House pets especially?

Discussion in 'Rants' started by kamage, Feb 12, 2008.

1. Aegix

Aegix Well-Known Member

...*reads first post*

...ok, that's jsut sick. If you want to kill the dog, do it somewhere private. it's bad enough that they brutally killed it, but to do it right in front of the original owners, one of which was just a young kid?!? That's just wrong. That poor kid will probably be traumatized for the rest of their life. ...I hope that Karma owns these jerks.

Agreed. >_> I'm not against eating animals, but... we need to stop overdoing it, and we need to treat the animals more humanely. And For goodness sake, we need to stop the wastage. do supermarkets REALLY need to have 200 new fish on the shalf each week? do we REALLY eat that much fish? I think not.

2. Tboi

Tboi Well-Known Member

3. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Here's what should happen.

1) customers plan out what food they want in the next two weeks and put orders in with the local store
    2) store calculates demand and orders a supply of demand + 1-2% margin
    3) order is fulfilled and no more is sourced
    4) customers pick up food
    5) store has very little wasted

4. Tboi

Tboi Well-Known Member

That'll bring some problems with it, you know.
    Great idea but to many things that make it impossible.

5. mrabbo

mrabbo Active Member

I'd kill the feral cat that eats my cats food, but damn its way too quick....

6. Born2killx

Born2killx Well-Known Member

I think I narrowly missed a dog shit on my lawn on my way home from school this afternoon. I wouldn't kill the dog, but I would kill the owner who lets the dog come here at least once a month!

7. iamlegend

iamlegend Well-Known Member

Survival of the fittest...
    Kill or be killed....

It may not be pretty....but this is the way it's meant to be

Humans are currently the dominant species on this planet....
    So we can do whatever the **** we want....

If rats, or lions, or bears or whatever carnivourous animal you can think of becomes the dominant species....
    Do you think you'll be shown mercy ?

If you kill an animal for food....whether you use it or not....it's ok in my book...
    Better them than you (in most cases. if you're an asshole i hope you get mauled)

If however you kill an animal that shows no malice whatsoever towards you....such as a dog, a cat, a horse etc.
    Then you deserve to die and become food for worms...

8. Loonylion

Lions for one do not eat human flesh unless they are unable to hunt or have a grudge against humans. I've been feet away from a wild lion and it showed no interest in me or any other member of the group whatsoever. I was entirely unarmed at the time.

9. iamlegend

Maybe thats so....
    But I won't trust any animal untill I can waltz up, kiss it on the nose and come away unscathed....
    And it's not something i'm going to try with a lion...

10. Loonylion

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It's been done...

11. iamlegend

In very exceptional circumstances, i'm sure you'll agee...

If you or I were to jet over to Africa and attempt to befriend the lions,
    our loved ones would be getting some nasty news....

This, everything you see around you, is about us....right here, right now...
    We are not going to find our creator, we are not going to find some higher purpose,
    we are not going to be able to say sorry to the planet for beating it half to death....

This is about us surviving....
    And for us and our loved ones to survive we need to manipulate and kill....among other things
    We need to face every obstacle that is placed in front of us....and leap

12. Loonylion

interesting, that's what my mum said before I went. I had a great time :) and it was me that got the nasty news. (think London, July 7th, 2005)

13. iamlegend

You stood near some lions in the presence of a guide....
    Wonderfully fun I'm sure....but try getting to know a lion in the same intimate way you can get to
    know a dog, cat, horse etc.
    If it is possible to the average man....it's going to take a hell of a lot longer...

14. Loonylion

I know a number of people that have, and yeah it can take time, but half the battle is knowing how to behave around them. I've touched a leopard too, but he had to be sedated because leopards are extremely shy and he would have had a heart attack if he'd been conscious.

15. iamlegend

Hmmm....yeah....maybe it's just the way people-animal relationships have developed....
    But I know, I would not like to be in a situation where i am in the vicinity of an animal that could destroy me on a whim....and don't have protection...
    Kill or (possibly) be killed....

16. Loonylion

ok, answer this question and I'll tell you if you'll survive or not :)

Q: A lion is charging you, do you:

A) run like hell
    B) stand still

17. iamlegend

I stand still obviously....

But I would never let myself get near a lion without something to protect myself....

18. Loonylion

if you stand still, you don't need protection unless its injured. and in that case there would be little protection that can help you.

19. iamlegend

See....thats just one thing you could never convince me of....

If a lion is charging me....i stand still not because it won't hurt me if I do so....
    But because running is going to draw out my death that little bit longer...

20. Loonylion

Standing still makes the lion wonder if you're maybe stronger than him, so he chickens out. Running triggers his instinct to chase you, and good luck outrunning a creature that can easily achieve 50MPH