1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Just got my new laptop

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Solus, Jan 8, 2008.

1. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

it says 128MB dedicated video memory, he will be fine

2. Solus

Solus Well-Known Member

Just finished installing and testing C&C Tiberium Wars. It's works great even on the highest detail. May slow down once in a while but still great.

3. jc_106

jc_106 Well-Known Member

Code:
    and i don't think you''l see any kind of animal IN PERSON, you know...  ;D 

Code:
    do you prefer vista or xp??...

4. Solus

Solus Well-Known Member

I dunno Im still new to Vista. But so far there's no problems yet. Oh and tomorrow I might get Sims2 for PC. Anyone else know any nice pc games?

5. jc_106

jc_106 Well-Known Member

Code:
    crysis, assassin's creed, bioshock, call of duty 4, enemy territory: quake wars, guitar hero III, helgate : london, kane and lynch : dead men, need for speed prostreet, the orange box, unreal tournament 3 and world in conflict...

6. rounds25

rounds25 Well-Known Member

You can't go wrong with the Orange Box. And if you like RPG games get Star Wars Knight of the Old Republic. I don't know if it runs on Vista because I use XP.

7. Solus

Solus Well-Known Member

yeah i still dunno if some games are compatible for vista

8. Void

Void Well-Known Member

Do yourself a favour and downgrade to XP. Atleast multi-boot. Your lappy is lacking in memory to smoothly run Vista, and it appears that you're a gamer, in which case Vista is just kicking you in the shins (exception: DX10).

9. Solus

Solus Well-Known Member

Lacking in memory? I have 150GB free space left. Unless you're talking about something else.

10. Born2killx

Born2killx Well-Known Member

Memory, not storage space. Random Access Memory, or RAM for short, is also important. The Windows Aero theme requires a minimum of 1 GB of RAM. Windows Vista is very resource hungry.

11. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

Thats the same laptop as mine, good for everything but gaming lol. Im running XP though cause vista makes me sick lol.

'crysis, assassin's creed, bioshock, call of duty 4, enemy territory: quake wars, guitar hero III, helgate : london, kane and lynch : dead men, need for speed prostreet, the orange box, unreal tournament 3 and world in conflict...'

mine wont handle any of those.

12. Solus

Solus Well-Known Member

so....what can it handle? Sims 2 and FEAR?

13. sir spamalot

sir spamalot Well-Known Member

just a question, can you run a couple of demos for me, see how they come out

geometry wars (i want to see how much eye-candy you get)
    bioshock (it runs on my pc - i just want to see how much better - or worse that video card is)
    unreal tournament 3 - if there is actually a demo

thanks in advance. i want to buy a laptop but numbers alone can't tell me exactly how something will run and all

14. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

Sims 2 ran ok

FEAR and BIOSHOCK crashed and burned lol.

15. Solus

Solus Well-Known Member

Hey Almo you say sims2 runs okay? Are you playing the pirated version? If so I have a question. After installing i put the crack file in to the ea games folder. and overite the existing application. after that when i run the program an error comes out. theres no error message.

16. Loonylion

don't discuss cracks on the forum, take it to messenger or PM

17. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

Am running legal demo version.

18. sir spamalot

sir spamalot Well-Known Member

so the 8400 gs is worth it, then?

19. Solus

Solus Well-Known Member

you talking about the graphics card? if so then yeah its not bad. By the way, yeah I dont think it can run fear but mine can run the f.e.a.r expansion (perseus mandate). Apparently the minimum requirements is less. And unreal tournament 2004 also works fine on my laptop.

20. Loonylion

bear in mind that mobility (laptop) versions of graphics cards under-perform compared to their desktop equivalents. With nvidia the performance is around 20% lower, with ATi it's more like 50-80% lower.