1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Joining the US military

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tyson_rss, Jul 1, 2010.

1. tyson_rss

tyson_rss Guest

I had asked because someone told me we could be in war with S.Korea.

2. Petey

Petey Well-Known Member

Actually I'm in the Air Force and I work close with all branch of services. We don't even have to deploy any infantry troops to win since the Air Force and the Navy can flatten North Korean within the first hour.
    Post Merge: [time]1278107121[/time]
    I guess Loonylion is wrong for once :(

Anyways we won't go into war with S.Korea since we have troops/forces in their country already in order to support them, nor will be goto war with North Korea because of China. So if you join the military you'll just goto either Iraq or Afghanistan (no Burger King/Korean *special* massage parlors in Afgan *sadface*).

3. tyson_rss

tyson_rss Guest

Why Iraq? I though they were done there. And also didn't Obama say he was pulling troops out next year? What will we do than if we not going anywhere?

4. Petey

Petey Well-Known Member

We're still in Iraq, to finish shit up. Obama promised alot of things but hasn't delivered many of them. If we're not at war, you will still be doing training or providing support/defense. There's always something for you to do, since the military have to be in alert 24/7

5. tyson_rss

tyson_rss Guest

Oh.

Well about JROTC. What do I earn there? GED or HS Diploma because what I wanna do is join and earn both instead of wait after HS.

6. Petey

Petey Well-Known Member

How old are you now?

You have to be in JROTC for at least 2 years iirc in High School in order to qualify for early promotions. You can enlist while you are still in High School but you won't actually goto basic until the day after you graduate. I believe you can get a GED at be 17 and enlist, but don't quote me on that.

7. tyson_rss

tyson_rss Guest

I'm 17. I assume not all School's have that do they?

8. Petey

Petey Well-Known Member

No not all schools have JROTC. You could goto ROTC in college for 4 years and commission as an officer. Better pay and better career.

9. tyson_rss

tyson_rss Guest

Oh, damn more waiting lol.

10. Hypr

Hypr Well-Known Member

Tyson,

Just go to college, and enlist in the ROTC program. You can earn the ROTC scholarship in which they will pay everything for you.

11. crimson089

crimson089 Well-Known Member

military... hmm i know someone who'll join it just for a rough escape... but anyway i think civilian life is still a lot better. just opinions >_<

12. tyson_rss

tyson_rss Guest

Well when I signed up at the army website I had someone talk to me and I'm still getting info. She said you had to be a junior or senior to be "considered" a high school graduate.

So to me that sounds like I don't nescsicarily need a diploma. They did say GED slots were filled. But what I'm trying to do is still try and get my diploma AND somehow work in the service whether if its boot camp, JROTC or whatever.

13. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

US military is complicated, whats all these different options? in the UK you can sign up at 15 as long as you have left school/getting close to leaving.

14. will1008

will1008 Well-Known Member

In highschool, we have C.A.T
    In college, ROTC.
    But for me, now, nothing. There is no Boy Scout in my school.

15. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

I think it might be similar to military cadets but I'm not sure.