1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Joining the US military

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tyson_rss, Jul 1, 2010.

1. dancubs

dancubs Well-Known Member

Military officers don't act that way. Not in real life. Shame if some did, which rarely is the case.

If ever anyone here plans to enter the military, get in as a Reserve Officer. It'll take you places more than the Enlisted Personnel programs. More work though, but better rewards.

2. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

I loved the army it was great.
    Don't join a shitty regiment like infantry, thats where all the guys are that just want to get drunk and fight and dont take it serious, a lot are only there because they can't get a job. The best soldiers ive seen were the royal marines, they made our infantry look like little boys. Aim high, go for the best regiments and make a career.

3. black dragon 1

black dragon 1 Well-Known Member

The chinese have a saying for that: The nail that sticks out, gets hammered down.

I can only speak of the Dutch airforce and the higher education you have the higher in rank you can get. All I can say is that it formed me into the man I am today. Absolutely no regrets or doubts about that decision to join the airforce.

4. tyson_rss

tyson_rss Guest

Thanks all.
    So I can do this program in High School? How will that go about?

5. nu885

nu885 Well-Known Member

my recruiter sucked balls man, and just about every military person around my area are a bunch of pussies, no seriously i went to school with 90% of them and i swear the only reason they joined was so they could look cool when they came back.../fail... dont do it unless you're serious. ive lost 2 close friends in iraq, the only friend i have left in the military now is a satellite technician in south korea . like the other people in this thread said. make a career out of it dont just do the minimum

6. tyson_rss

tyson_rss Guest

Yeah I'll keep that in mind. By the way are we going to end up in war with South Korea?

7. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

entirely possible, it depends what north korea does primarily.

8. tyson_rss

tyson_rss Guest

Shit that could be bad considering they have nukes. It's the Cold War all over again.

9. Loonylion

the difference is north korea wouldnt stand a chance. it would be them against most of the rest of the world. They might have one of the largest armies in the world but their equipment is cold war era.

10. nu885

nu885 Well-Known Member

yea im betting even if north korea tried to launch a nuke it would malfuction before it hit the air. i'd be more worried about another plane getting hijacked before they could even launch a military assault on anyone

11. Loonylion

The same could be said of US ones.

12. nu885

nu885 Well-Known Member

true, our nukes are hollow and probably filled with candy.. with the fund money used to make them put into a new presidential golf course

13. Petey

Petey Well-Known Member

I hope you read it wrong, because we are allies with South Korea.

Not sure if you are American or know anything about our military, but we would obliterate North Korea if we do goto war.

Don't listen to that guy as well, 99% of the people that joined to "look cool" ends up washing out in boot camp. You don't have to necessarily have to make a career out of it. I've been in for 4 years now and I'm probably getting out in 2-3 years. I served my time and I'll be using the skillset the military taught me in the civilian world. It's been a great experience for me so far and I have deployed before.

14. Loonylion

'in war with south korea' i.e in a war alongside south korea, as an ally. North korea is the only country s.k is likely to go to war against, and it is overwhelmingly likely that said war would be started by n.k. So no, I didn't read it wrong.

I said that a few posts up. the fact that US nukes are likely to malfunction before reaching their target has little bearing on the preparedness of the rest of their military.

15. Petey

Petey Well-Known Member

You are insisting the chances of US nukes malfunctioning is on par with NK nukes, which is a joke.

16. Loonylion

NK nukes are old technology, US nukes are badly built and engineered. So yes, it probably is about par. Just not for the same reason.

17. Petey

Petey Well-Known Member

Troll alert.

18. Hypr

Hypr Well-Known Member

Christopher Metsos, is that you?

19. nu885

nu885 Well-Known Member

we got what he meant :D

im pretty sure we'd win but it wouldnt be an obliteration. you're in the army you should know how broke we are.. we'd be lucky to be able to deploy 10k troops before the planes ran outta gas. we'd be stupid to enter a war with north korea while being in iraq.

our technology wins but our funds /fail

20. Loonylion

its not a question of who would win at all. Its a question of how much damage the north can do before the US/NATO can get sufficient reinforcements into the area to defeat them.