1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Japanese man streams his suicide ‘live’ online

Discussion in 'General News' started by damanali, Nov 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. awesomebros

awesomebros Well-Known Member

Or he had a spare life.

2. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

I was just thinking...

I hope the guy didn't put a hex or curse or anything like that in his suicide video :p

The last thing we need right now is another video that if somebody watches it that person will die within seven days because a crazy ass ghost comes out of your computer monitor to kill you! :p

3. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

well unlike the west, in japan you need to take test to even get the job additional to the interview. and from what i heard there is 3 level of tests, and those who pass level 3 get an interview.

thats why when they get a job, they work til they got fired or retired.

in the west, you just go for an interview and talk about how much you want to work and what you know.

4. 2DamCerius

2DamCerius My eyes for your brain...fair trade.

I myself know nothing of their cultures, but it sounds like to me that they are torn between the ideas of traditional values and modern ones that causes a collision of ones habits to change his or her mind. Psychologically the person who committed this suicide did not have the willpower to continue moving forward or thought of getting his sorry behind somewhere far from there into another country. I mean he must have had a degree, so why not go to some other country as a foreign translator or something.
    This and may be their way of taking things way beyond to a point of obsession---once a person is obsessed with an idea of honor I guess he lost sight of what was really bitter in the end. I would see the resemblence in an analogy where if he were a samurai his dishonor would have to resolve to dismemberment and in modern days he would just jump off a building hoping he gets a 1-UP FTW along the way.
    What in the world!? That's like-----totally not cool bro...

5. Eadelas

Eadelas Well-Known Member

Japan does have a very high mortality rate when it comes to their office workers. Japanese businessmen are very much into their work and are the definition of the word "workaholic". It's got something to do with how they were raised as kids. Japan has a pretty strict social structure, the only way to rise is to work hard for what you want. Unfortunately some people there can only take so much. I wouldn't be surprised if his suicide was work related.

6. redoperator

redoperator Well-Known Member

People in Japan take great pride in striving to be their best, school is a majority of tests. I would walk down the street to go to HOTSPAR (JP equivalent of 7/11) to get some soda and Meat-Buns, and I would see a very long line coming from testing shacks (they take practice tests and get school supplies) there's also a KUMON center every 10 kilometers holding classes (I went there for a month and I had to take a test called "how to take a test").

This then shifts over to the business world. Where everything from bowing to talking has to be perfect (I would see my Japanese neighbor practicing bowing and reciting what he has to say, over and over again). Not sealing a deal is deemed as a loss of honor and a complete failure (in which their boss may suspend them for a while, or the office worker may take some time off to let it die down). Its very difficult and you would overhear conversations between co-workers outside the office building like "Did you practice what you had to recite to the corporate heads in Nagoya?" or "I can't remember where I put my notes, can you help me find them?"

Business in Japan is hit or miss, and your record better be damn near flawless.

7. damanali

damanali Well-Known Member

Damn, Does that mean i can get an extremely cheap japanese product there? Cause if they wont sell it for the price i want, that would mean a great dishonor to the seller.

Hmmm... i want a ps3, NDS, psp, a toyota car, a new laptop/pc for a yen... hehehe

But seriously, i really envy them for killing themselves when they fail at something. We wont have more than 6 billion people on this earth if all of us follow after their examples.

8. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Yep I remember a huge outcry when the Toyota problems first came to light, because at the press conference they called to apologise to their customers, Mr. Toyoda did not bow low enough; which lead people to claim his apology was not sincere.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.