1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Japanese help :)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JohnnieBob, Feb 12, 2010.

1. Paddette

Paddette Well-Known Member

Quickly want to point out there's no such thing as a British accent; Carry on.

I don't mean this in a mean way, only wish for people around the world to understand that Britain is defined by three separate countries, not just another world for England :3

2. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

XFD at all the hate in this topic, it's pretty sad that this guy is asking for help and everyone is just jumping at him assuming he just wants to go to japan to talk anime and dress crazy.

Also, Weeaboo is a stupid term, it's dumb as hell, i can't believe people still try to use it seriously.

3. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Well-Known Member

I can't believe that people think you can take weeaboos seriously.

4. Reider

Reider Modereider

The only reason one should go to Japan is to pick up azn chicks.

They dig American tourists for whatever reason and they likely don't give a damn if you speak the language since they'd much rather do things that don't involve your mouth as much as it involves theirs. :D

5. Fennyariel

Fennyariel Well-Known Member

OK, I'll bite. What the hairy heck is Wapanese?!

6. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Personally, I think you should say it as you normally do, it wouldn't really matter, a name should stay true to it's cultural heritage, but if you want to say your name in their cultural meaning....google a jap translation prehaps?

I don't know, but try the urban dictionary.

Google it, you might laugh...or try wikipedia and see how that goes XD

7. Born2killx

Born2killx Well-Known Member

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Wapanese&defid=84821

In a nutshell, it's a white person who thinks he/she's Japanese.

8. ricky_

ricky_ Well-Known Member

I'm going to Japan to learn the way of the samurai.

And to bang hot chicks while pretending to be Tom Cruise. Acting insane is the easy part. The hard part is acting insane. Hahahahahah!

9. kanakacheek

kanakacheek Well-Known Member

Learning basic Japanese and customs will help someone a lot, even for a tourist. You don't want to be rude even as a tourist.

If you want to go to Japan to live and experience Japan, try the JET program that allows you to go there and teach english for a year or more. There are plenty of language programs that you can check out.

If your school has exchange programs, do go for those. But most likely your Japanese must be university level to study there (unless it's an English course).

If you really like Japan, experience it first hand is vital.

Japanese as a language is fun and helpful to learn. Think of all the japanese games you can play without scratching your head :) That's why I learned Japanese.

10. martin81

martin81 Member

wow nice :)
    im studying japanese :D